Does/has anyone else had problems with DTV...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #1

    Does/has anyone else had problems with DTV...

    my HD receiver reacts very slowly if I try to change the channel or check the info of a program or pretty much try to do anything. If I want to find out about a show I'm watching and press the info button, it takes a good 10 seconds before it the feature works.

    Anybody else experiencing this problem?
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #2
    Mine does that every so often. If you reset your receiver it usually fixes it.
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • I.J. Reilly
      Nobody's Fool
      • Apr 2009
      • 2949

      #3
      I have this problem with my DVR receiver in my bedroom. It's not HD though. I don't think it takes 10 seconds, but it sure feels like it. It takes forever to scroll through stuff.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69752

        #4
        I have had nothing BUT problems with my DTV HD receivers. One of them locks up whenever I start my treadmill. The company has replaced it twice and replaced the other components in the line. Still doesn't work.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • I.J. Reilly
          Nobody's Fool
          • Apr 2009
          • 2949

          #5
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I have had nothing BUT problems with my DTV HD receivers. One of them locks up whenever I start my treadmill. The company has replaced it twice and replaced the other components in the line. Still doesn't work.
          When the treadmill starts? What an odd problem. Magnetic fields???

          Comment

          • FN Phat
            I ♥ gateway sex
            • Feb 2009
            • 8691

            #6
            Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
            When the treadmill starts? What an odd problem. Magnetic fields???
            It is only an issue in the first few weeks of every year.
            I'm your huckleberry.


            "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69752

              #7
              Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
              When the treadmill starts? What an odd problem. Magnetic fields???
              Yeah. I have tried numerous filters and signal conditioners. Nothing helps.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18489

                #8
                My regular DVR in the living room is very delayed when scrolling or clicking on guide. The non DVR in my bedroom is intantaneous with everything.

                Comment

                • The_Tick
                  Made something of myself
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7297

                  #9
                  Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  My regular DVR in the living room is very delayed when scrolling or clicking on guide. The non DVR in my bedroom is intantaneous with everything.
                  Exact same.

                  We even have a HD DVR in the office. It is slow reacting also.

                  Comment

                  • Donuthole
                    Official Outgayer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 25278

                    #10
                    I'm still with Dish, and now you know why.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      I'm still with Dish, and now you know why.
                      I've regretted the switch from day 1. As soon as the contract has expired, I'm back to Dish despite the lack of the MTN.
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • FN Phat
                        I ♥ gateway sex
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 8691

                        #12
                        Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                        I've regretted the switch from day 1. As soon as the contract has expired, I'm back to Dish despite the lack of the MTN.
                        I have DTV but will go back to the Dish in a heartbeat.
                        I'm your huckleberry.


                        "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                        Comment

                        • DU Ute
                          RIP CUF
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 7393

                          #13
                          You should switch to Comcast.
                          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #14
                            Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                            You should switch to Comcast.
                            Shut your whore mouth!
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • DU Ute
                              RIP CUF
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 7393

                              #15
                              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                              Shut your whore mouth!
                              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                              Comment

                              Working...