Just got to Utah

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #1

    Just got to Utah

    Utah hair everywhere and pregnant twenty year olds as far as the eye can see. What a place!
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18488

    #2
    Didn't you complain about this last year?

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37987

      #3
      Just got to Utah. The same old people complaining about the same old stuff. What a place!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #4
        Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Didn't you complain about this last year?
        I don't see a complaint.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • FMCoug
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 6825

          #5
          Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Just got to Utah. The same old people complaining about the same old stuff. What a place!
          You've got me thinking. Maybe I should start hosting an annual Christmas/Utah bashing party!
          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

          Comment

          • MarkGrace
            Grooveshark dick tease
            • Dec 2008
            • 31546

            #6
            Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            You've got me thinking. Maybe I should start hosting an annual Christmas/Utah bashing party!
            I could probably get my wife to sport some terrible Utah hair for the event. Not the blond bob with the 80s bangs, mind you, but maybe the horrible ratted out poof-on-the-top-of-the-head that seems to be in here. Making no promises about pregnancy, though.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #7
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Just got to Utah. The same old people complaining about the same old stuff. What a place!
              Did you really? Is Donuthole here? We should get together for lunch.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #8
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                I could probably get my wife to sport some terrible Utah hair for the event. Not the blond bob with the 80s bangs, mind you, but maybe the horrible ratted out poof-on-the-top-of-the-head that seems to be in here. Making no promises about pregnancy, though.
                When we visit my wife's home ward, this is the standard view as I sit in the congregation:



                It is always some iteration of this cut.

                And 99% of the time, when a woman has this haircut, she is also wearing shoes with huge, clunky soles. I don't know why, but it is almost always the case.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • beefytee
                  Board eye candy
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 7542

                  #9
                  Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  Not the blond bob with the 80s bangs
                  I miss the old Utah Poof. I enjoy seeing them on replays of old BYU games.

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #10
                    The Bump It has to have been invented in Utah.

                    Bumpits,Bumpits,Bumpits,Hair,Hair,Hair,Voluminizing,Voluminizing,Voluminizing,Inserts,Inserts,Inserts,bighappiehair.com
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • UtahDan
                      *
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14496

                      #11
                      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Utah hair everywhere and pregnant twenty year olds as far as the eye can see. What a place!
                      Utah hair is like obscenity, I know it when I see it but it is hard for me to describe. I googled "utah hair" and here are the ones that seem to fit my idea of it. Anyone have others?

                      These two are from the same blog D³ linked:





                      And this one;



                      And this is sort of like the hair-splosion I have in mind, where you start with normal hair and place a small explosive on the head somewhere.



                      Kate Gosslin sports the hair-splosion:



                      Last, this blog is not to be missed. Someone with some artistic ability has taken a shot at this issue:

                      E is enjoying Arizona, but she has encountered kind of a culture shock. For one thing, there are a lot of girls that go to her new ward and...


                      Maybe this quote from that blog captures it best:

                      ...a LOT of girls were doing their hair to look like it should be on the head of a cartoon character.
                      Last edited by UtahDan; 12-20-2009, 05:47 PM.

                      Comment

                      • falafel
                        loves to talk on things
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 37987

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        The Bump It has to have been invented in Utah.

                        https://www.bumpits.com/
                        Why would anyone want have bum pits? Nasty.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                        Dig your own grave, and save!

                        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37987

                          #13
                          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          Did you really? Is Donuthole here? We should get together for lunch.
                          No, not really.

                          I'm arriving Christmas night, though, through about Tuesday. Not sure if Donut is making it all the way north.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • Donuthole
                            Official Outgayer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 25268

                            #14
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            No, not really.

                            I'm arriving Christmas night, though, through about Tuesday. Not sure if Donut is making it all the way north.
                            We are Christmasing in St. George, but will be heading up to Northern Utah on Tues or Wednesday (depending on how fast we get tired of being crammed into my parents 1200 sq. ft. house). If you guys are still going to be there on Wed, I'm up for a Pastrami sub and double blueberry donut.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                            Comment

                            • kccougar
                              9262
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7020

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Space Ghost
                              I am also visiting Zion and heard the following on the Christmas music station this morning during my commute from my folks house (in North Salt Lake) to the Orem office of the company I work for... an ad for a book:
                              "Agent Bishop... preaching repentance with a bible in one hand and a pistol in the other."

                              Utah radio is, um, interesting.

                              cheers.

                              I heard that ad the other day. Fortunately, it's only around Christmas and General Conference.
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                              Comment

                              Working...