Merry Christmas, CUF!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ERCougar
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10978

    #1

    Merry Christmas, CUF!

    This year, for our Christmas gift, Salsa and I decided to spend a couple of hours at a friend's recording studio (using the term a little loosely...) to record some Christmas CD's. Here are the wma files if you're interested:

    http://www.sendspace.com/file/mn7rq7 (What Child Is This--violin/piano)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tex0hn (O Come, O Come, Emmanuel - piano)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/lx35gk (Were You There? - piano)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/wuml29 (The First Noel - vocal/piano)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/npw8g8 (Silent Night - vocal/guitar)

    Salsa did the vocals, violin, and guitar, I did the piano (or really, keyboard, which I hate, but is much easier to record). Files are a little large (15 MB or so) and I should probably compress them to smaller mp3's, but...meh. If sendspace is too slow, send me your email and I'll send you smaller versions.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #2
    Ok, is that really your wife singing? It sounds like Amy Grant on the First Noel. The piano play is sloppy, but her vocals are chill-inducing on the "NO OH OH ELLLLLLL," part. I like that you did all the verses too.

    Just kidding about the piano. It sounds great.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • ERCougar
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10978

      #3
      Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      Ok, is that really your wife singing? It sounds like Amy Grant on the First Noel. The piano play is sloppy, but her vocals are chill-inducing on the "NO OH OH ELLLLLLL," part. I like that you did all the verses too.

      Just kidding about the piano. It sounds great.
      "chill-inducing"? I'll pass that on...

      I don't disagree on the piano--part of that's sitting in a chair in front of a keyboard, part is throwing the whole thing together in two hours.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #4
        Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        "chill-inducing"? I'll pass that on...

        I don't disagree on the piano--part of that's sitting in a chair in front of a keyboard, part is throwing the whole thing together in two hours.
        There's a secret message above. And the violin is pretty damned good too.

        Yall have some decent skills. It would've been funnier if I'd said "clumsy" instead of "sloppy." Dang it.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • ERCougar
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10978

          #5
          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          There's a secret message above. And the violin is pretty damned good too.

          Yall have some decent skills. It would've been funnier if I'd said "clumsy" instead of "sloppy." Dang it.
          Yeah, I noticed the secret message in the quote...but too late. Gave me a reason for an excuse anyway.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #6
            Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
            This year, for our Christmas gift, Salsa and I decided to spend a couple of hours at a friend's recording studio (using the term a little loosely...) to record some Christmas CD's. Here are the wma files if you're interested:

            http://www.sendspace.com/file/mn7rq7 (What Child Is This--violin/piano)
            http://www.sendspace.com/file/tex0hn (O Come, O Come, Emmanuel - piano)
            http://www.sendspace.com/file/lx35gk (Were You There? - piano)
            http://www.sendspace.com/file/wuml29 (The First Noel - vocal/piano)
            http://www.sendspace.com/file/npw8g8 (Silent Night - vocal/guitar)

            Salsa did the vocals, violin, and guitar, I did the piano (or really, keyboard, which I hate, but is much easier to record). Files are a little large (15 MB or so) and I should probably compress them to smaller mp3's, but...meh. If sendspace is too slow, send me your email and I'll send you smaller versions.
            Salsa (your wife?) is very good. Very good.

            I can't judge the piano, although I did laugh at Waup's comment. Either way, great job.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #7
              I still hate "Silent Night."
              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • ERCougar
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10978

                #8
                Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                Salsa (your wife?) is very good. Very good.

                I can't judge the piano, although I did laugh at Waup's comment. Either way, great job.
                Well, thanks. I think she's enormously talented, but of course, I'm biased. Her mom did have a little singing career going before she had 4 kids in five years. Even after that, she would perform in casinos every weekend, which is really funny to me on a lot of levels.
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                Comment

                • ERCougar
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10978

                  #9
                  Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  I still hate "Silent Night."
                  I still think that's blasphemy. Seriously?
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #10
                    Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                    I still think that's blasphemy. Seriously?
                    Yeah. There's no accounting for tastes. Something about it just bothers me. I've never heard a version that I liked. It's the cadence of it. It's like William Shatner talking. Maybe the original sounds better in German, but I don't think there's but one complete sentence in the whole sing.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • WashingtonCoug
                      Monsters like me
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 1489

                      #11
                      Wow! That's really good. Your wife is very talented. Thanks for sharing.
                      "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                      —Abraham Maslow

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #12
                        Thanks for sharing. This has already been converted to mp3 and will be added to the iPod next time I sync. You two are both very talented.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • happyone
                          Board Bookworm
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 5398

                          #13
                          Those were wonderful
                          You are definately multitalented.
                          Merry Christmas

                          I may be small, but I'm slow.

                          A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                          Comment

                          • John McClain
                            Comfortably Numb
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 1012

                            #14
                            Joyeux Noel

                            Good Christmas music. I haven't had a chance to do this yet, but what will I get when I play the music backwards - any hidden messages?
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment

                            • Shaka
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 10449

                              #15
                              Salsa has an awesome voice. I wish whoever mixed it had used a lot less reverb.

                              Comment

                              Working...