Do you plan to ride aboard the Virgin Galactic VSS Enterprise?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fiyero
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 5266

    #1

    Do you plan to ride aboard the Virgin Galactic VSS Enterprise?

    Tickets are $200,000 for a 2 1/2 hour trip to 65 miles above the earth and back. They've already sold 300 tickets. You'll be 0.3% closer to the moon.

    The ship was unveiled yesterday:

    More details about Burt Rutan’s SpaceShipTwo – VSS Enterprise – have been revealed to the…


    Interior photos
    18
    Yes and have already paid my deposit
    22.22%
    4
    Yes but not for a few years
    11.11%
    2
    No
    66.67%
    12
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #2
    I would have gone if I hadn't blown my money on a $52K Lamborghini repair bill.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #3
      Probably not, but I learned to never say never.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #4
        I'm waiting for them to release the actual dates. If it doesn't conflict with Sunday Church meetings, then I will probably check it out.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • SoCalCoug
          Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
          • Nov 2008
          • 5214

          #5
          Before I can answer the poll, I need to know: Is the Virgin Galactic VSS Enterprise a who or a what?
          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

          "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

          "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

          Comment

          • Fiyero
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 5266

            #6
            Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
            Before I can answer the poll, I need to know: Is the Virgin Galactic VSS Enterprise a who or a what?
            If you take the misses, it could be a who. Included in the trip is five minutes of weightlessness, and you two could join the 65-mile high club.

            Comment

            • Indy Coug
              Heartless Bastard
              • Dec 2008
              • 18747

              #7
              The name has Tiger Woods' attention.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

              Comment

              • SoCalCoug
                Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                • Nov 2008
                • 5214

                #8
                Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                The name has Tiger Woods' attention.
                From the bits I've heard about the women coming out of the woodwork, "virgin" isn't part of his m.o.
                If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                Comment

                • creekster
                  It is NOT a monkey!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22661

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                  I would have gone if I hadn't blown my money on a $52K Lamborghini repair bill.
                  So you're the doo-mass.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                  Comment

                  • smokymountainrain
                    Impressive Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22593

                    #10
                    Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                    From the bits I've heard about the women coming out of the woodwork, "virgin" isn't part of his m.o.
                    Zing!
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

                    Comment

                    • wuapinmon
                      Soul Plumber
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 30711

                      #11
                      Do you know how much $200k would change my life? Try not getting a Christmas bonus with three kids on a humanities professor's salary. These tickets are an affront to human decency and I hope it never gets off the ground. Maybe we should slap a $100k luxury tax on each ticket.
                      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                      Comment

                      • Indy Coug
                        Heartless Bastard
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 18747

                        #12
                        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Do you know how much $200k would change my life? Try not getting a Christmas bonus with three kids on a humanities professor's salary. These tickets are an affront to human decency and I hope it never gets off the ground. Maybe we should slap a $100k luxury tax on each ticket.
                        But you knew that going in when you chose your profession, right? If someone has successfully and legally parlayed their skill set into a load of dough, why should I begrudge them how much they make and how they spend it?
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

                        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                        Comment

                        • wuapinmon
                          Soul Plumber
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 30711

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                          But you knew that going in when you chose your profession, right? If someone has successfully and legally parlayed their skill set into a load of dough, why should I begrudge them how much they make and how they spend it?
                          Because it's not fair. AND YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT I'M TROLLING!
                          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                          Comment

                          • Indy Coug
                            Heartless Bastard
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 18747

                            #14
                            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            Because it's not fair. AND YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW THAT I'M TROLLING!
                            It's amazing what you can see when you put a little lemon juice on a piece of paper.
                            Everything in life is an approximation.

                            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                            Comment

                            • DU Ute
                              RIP CUF
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 7393

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                              Tickets are $200,000 for a 2 1/2 hour trip to 65 miles above the earth and back. They've already sold 300 tickets. You'll be 0.3% closer to the moon.

                              The ship was unveiled yesterday:

                              More details about Burt Rutan’s SpaceShipTwo – VSS Enterprise – have been revealed to the…


                              Interior photos
                              Is Virgin Galactic VSS Enterprise a clever euphemism for your penis?
                              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                              Comment

                              Working...