LASIK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commando View Post
    $1,000.00 per eye is about the usual depending on your locale. Phoenix probably has a larger than average pool of medical resources at its disposal so maybe a bit more elsewhere. I found a good place online via reviews, reputation, etc. and then found a Groupon.
    And your eyes still work?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I found a groupon for my kidney transplant. Saved me like 200 bucks.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        No-- totally blind. Freak thing. You win some, you lose some!
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

The most reputable places in Utah are: Hoopes Vision, Moran Eye Center, and Mt. Ogden.

I went to Hoopes and it was great. Plus they give you freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

Comment

I set up two consultations. The one I went to last year was with a guy who has been rated in the Top Doctors lists for over 10 years. His fee for me was around $4000/eye. The consultation I'm going to tomorrow gave me a preliminary price of $4400 all-in. This is based on my Rx of -4.75 in each eye and mild astigmatism. 24 months of follow-up treatment is included. We'll see if the price balloons during the visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              I set up two consultations. The one I went to last year was with a guy who has been rated in the Top Doctors lists for over 10 years. His fee for me was around $4000/eye. The consultation I'm going to tomorrow gave me a preliminary price of $4400 all-in. This is based on my Rx of -4.75 in each eye and mild astigmatism. 24 months of follow-up treatment is included. We'll see if the price balloons during the visit.
              That's about my prescription as well. Thank you for experimenting with your eyes for my benefit.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

probably ought to drop about $2550 into that flex account.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

$4k/eye?! Welcome to NY. Sheesh.

Even here in SEA, you can find reputable shops (like the place Holmgren pimps all day on sports radio) that will do it for Commando prices ($1000/eye).
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Even here in SEA, you can find reputable shops (like the place Holmgren pimps all day on sports radio) that will do it for Commando prices ($1000/eye).
                    Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                    The most reputable places in Utah are: Hoopes Vision, Moran Eye Center, and Mt. Ogden.

I went to Hoopes and it was great. Plus they give you freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.
                    FYI. When my Brooklyn living/Manhattan working sister had LASIK done on her eyes, she did it over a Christmas vacation in Utah. She was happy with the results and saved a lot of $$$.
                    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

$4k/eye was this guy:

Capture.JPG

The lady I'm seeing tomorrow did Jimmy Fallon's surgery so maybe she'll make me funny.

Comment

$4k/eye was this guy:

[ATTACH]6621[/ATTACH]

The lady I'm seeing tomorrow did Jimmy Fallon's surgery so maybe she'll make me funny.
                        Dues for membership in "America's Top Doctors" must be pretty expensive
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Honestly-- the Dr. is just there to screen you. The surgery is done by a robot who operates in 10 seconds per eye with an exact micro-mapping of your cornea. If they have the up-to-date equipment and your corneas have enough thickness to withstand the shave you will get good results. That guy's walking around with an extra 6k in his pocket per customer-- well worth the advertising bucks! Guess it's true what they say: the rent is too damn high in NYC!
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Honestly-- the Dr. is just there to screen you. The surgery is done by a robot who operates in 10 seconds per eye with an exact micro-mapping of your cornea. If they have the up-to-date equipment and your corneas have enough thickness to withstand the shave you will get good results. That guy's walking around with an extra 6k in his pocket per customer-- well worth the advertising bucks! Guess it's true what they say: The rent is too damn high in NYC!
                            Of this I am painfully aware.

Comment

Honestly-- the Dr. is just there to screen you. The surgery is done by a robot who operates in 10 seconds per eye with an exact micro-mapping of your cornea. If they have the up-to-date equipment and your corneas have enough thickness to withstand the shave you will get good results. That guy's walking around with an extra 6k in his pocket per customer-- well worth the advertising bucks! Guess it's true what they say: the rent is too damn high in NYC!
                              LOL, I forgot all about that guy.
                              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Done with my consultations I think. One was a larger practice with a handful of locations in NY/NJ. 4k all in and they recommended intralace due to the quicker recovery time. I was at Jimmy Fallons doctor today and her price is 4400, but she recommended ASA (which is apparently a kind of PRK proceedure). As far as I inderstand, lasik (of which intralace is a kind) is a "flap" proceedure while PRK is a surface treatment. Both are done all with lasers. The doc who rexommended PRK said she strongly leans toward it in nearly all cases because the risk of side effects like dry eyes or something more serious like cornea thinning years down the road are greatly reduced. I'd like to hear Art's take on this. I know the risk of side effects are low with lasik, especially serious side effexts. But if I can almost eliminate them it seems worth it for a few extra days recovery time.

Also 4k seems to be an average in Manhattan for reputable places. I know I could travel somewhere and maybe pay as little as half that, but being that 24 months of followup care is included in the price I'll probably end up just doing it here.

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                probably ought to drop about $2550 into that flex account.
                                I just now understood this tonight. I've actually never used my health FSA before so I knew nothing about the limit
                                Last edited by Omaha 680; 01-14-2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X