Daylight savings time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Very interesting to me that people split between permanent daylight savings time or permanent standard time. More evidence that the current system is the best, imo.

Also, you don't seem to get as many complaints in the fall. Getting an extra hour causes less anxiety about the clocks changing than losing one in the spring.
    Unless you're a computer program that logs events with timestamps in local time (because idiot users/customers don't want to just use UTC), in which case having the same hour repeated can cause you all kinds of anxiety that requires intensive therapy from a programmer to keep you happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

Unless you're a computer program that logs events with timestamps in local time (because idiot users/customers don't want to just use UTC), in which case having the same hour repeated can cause you all kinds of anxiety that requires intensive therapy from a programmer to keep you happy.
      The spring forward thing should happen on Monday afternoon at 4pm.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Very interesting to me that people split between permanent daylight savings time or permanent standard time. More evidence that the current system is the best, imo.
        I’d be curious what a ranked choice poll of people looks like. I would guess that the time change wouldn’t get a lot of 2nd place votes.

Comment

The spring forward thing should happen on Monday afternoon at 4pm.
          Has this really been posed as a serious possibility? I think I'd prefer permanent standard time but I could better handle DST if the transition happened during the work week.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

Has this really been posed as a serious possibility? I think I'd prefer permanent standard time but I could better handle DST if the transition happened during the work week.
            That was just a joke. Miss an hour of work. Get it?
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

That was just a joke. Miss an hour of work. Get it?
              Damnit! In my defense, I don't have traditional work hours and am too self centered right now to think beyond my work bubble.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                All you pussies coming with the "kids walking to school in the dark" argument need to turn in your man card and become full-fledged members of the Crazy Mommy Brigade.
                All you pussies coming with the "but it gets dark at 5pm" argument need to turn in your man card and become full fledged members of the crazy daddy brigade.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• I was wrong about my assumption earlier. The bill introduced doesn't allow for a time change. All states would have to choose between DST or ST from what I can tell. So I can understand the opposition.

Comment

Working...
                  X