Parking tips for Cowboys Stadium in Arlington?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dut99002
    Wednesday's Child
    • Aug 2009
    • 93

    #1

    Parking tips for Cowboys Stadium in Arlington?

    We're going to the U2 and Muse concert tonight at Cowboys Stadium. Seeing that a lot of you guys saw the BYU game there a few weeks back I was wondering if anyone would be willing to pass along any tips for the parking situation there (other than it's expensive)?

    I've been to a number of Rangers games at the baseball park nearby, but this is my first time going to the stadium.

    Thanks!
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #2
    we parked about 5 blocks away for pretty cheap. $20 or less, cannot remember. about a 10 minute walk with stoplights and such because the cops funnel all foot traffic into one entrance.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Pheidippides
      Liberal Feminazi
      • Nov 2008
      • 14759

      #3
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      we parked about 5 blocks away for pretty cheap. $20 or less, cannot remember. about a 10 minute walk with stoplights and such because the cops funnel all foot traffic into one entrance.
      That was a great parking spot, IMO, with the only problem being the run to my car afterwards.
      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

      Comment

      • dut99002
        Wednesday's Child
        • Aug 2009
        • 93

        #4
        Originally posted by nikuman View Post
        That was a great parking spot, IMO, with the only problem being the run to my car afterwards.
        And I thought you were a runner...

        Comment

        • dut99002
          Wednesday's Child
          • Aug 2009
          • 93

          #5
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          we parked about 5 blocks away for pretty cheap. $20 or less, cannot remember. about a 10 minute walk with stoplights and such because the cops funnel all foot traffic into one entrance.
          We usually just wing it when we go to Rangers games and I don't worry too much about parking. Last time we went however, it was a disaster and we spent over an hour and a half stuck in a parking lot.

          Someone over at Cougarboard was helpful though and recommended that I park at the 'mexican restaurant'.

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #6
            Originally posted by dut99002 View Post
            Someone over at Cougarboard was helpful though and recommended that I park at the 'mexican restaurant'.
            Huh. I didn't see a Cafe Rio in that area. Must have missed it.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • cowboy
              Homer Weems
              • Dec 2008
              • 5740

              #7
              Originally posted by dut99002 View Post
              Someone over at Cougarboard was helpful though and recommended that I park at the 'mexican restaurant'.
              I'm pretty sure that place will make your junk fall off. Stick around here.
              sigpic
              "Outlined against a blue, gray
              October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
              Grantland Rice, 1924

              Comment

              • dut99002
                Wednesday's Child
                • Aug 2009
                • 93

                #8
                Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                I'm pretty sure that place will make your junk fall off. Stick around here.

                Posting there was purely for quantity of responses. Posting here is for quality.

                My junk is secure--I spend very little time over there.

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #9
                  Originally posted by dut99002 View Post
                  We usually just wing it when we go to Rangers games and I don't worry too much about parking. Last time we went however, it was a disaster and we spent over an hour and a half stuck in a parking lot.

                  Someone over at Cougarboard was helpful though and recommended that I park at the 'mexican restaurant'.
                  dut, perhaps nik or babes can be more helpful with directions, but we parked a few blocks away in the parking lot of some false church. Don't remember the offramp or how to get there. Plus, the car was clouded by a fog of aquanet. There were several places along the way charging a small fee (comparatively) to park and walk.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • dut99002
                    Wednesday's Child
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 93

                    #10
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    dut, perhaps nik or babes can be more helpful with directions, but we parked a few blocks away in the parking lot of some false church. Don't remember the offramp or how to get there. Plus, the car was clouded by a fog of aquanet. There were several places along the way charging a small fee (comparatively) to park and walk.
                    Thank you kind sir. We'll probably just wing it I think. The prepaid passes on Ticketmaster sold out already and no matter where we go we'll be paying a bit and walking. I'll live.

                    Aquanet, eh? To each his own.

                    Comment

                    • Pheidippides
                      Liberal Feminazi
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14759

                      #11
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      dut, perhaps nik or babes can be more helpful with directions, but we parked a few blocks away in the parking lot of some false church. Don't remember the offramp or how to get there. Plus, the car was clouded by a fog of aquanet. There were several places along the way charging a small fee (comparatively) to park and walk.
                      Fog of war aquanet indeed!

                      Dut, I remember exactly how to get where we parked. DDD and babes will tell you that I am a navigational genius, successfully managing to never get us lost despite the fervent attempts of others. Let me know if you need directions.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                      Comment

                      • Babs
                        Not a Lawyer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 17128

                        #12
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        dut, perhaps nik or babes can be more helpful with directions, but we parked a few blocks away in the parking lot of some false church. Don't remember the offramp or how to get there. Plus, the car was clouded by a fog of aquanet.
                        you. are. such. a. jerk. That's it! The rrr trip is offically off!!

                        Comment

                        • Babs
                          Not a Lawyer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 17128

                          #13
                          Dut-man, you can park a few blocks west of the stadium on Randol Mills for fifteen bucks. Aquanet (It was Paul Mitchell, btw!) optional. Just take the Cooper street exit. Then turn east on Randol Mills.

                          Comment

                          • Sizzle
                            #ThisIsY
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 9004

                            #14
                            So... how was the concert? And, more importantly, how were the parking tips?

                            Comment

                            • dut99002
                              Wednesday's Child
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 93

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                              So... how was the concert? And, more importantly, how were the parking tips?
                              We used Babs' tips actually and parked for only $5 at a random office parking lot (thanks to Babs, DDD, and Niku for the random tips and comments). We opted not to try the Aquanet/Paul Mitchell pre-event application though, since we wanted to be as clear as possible (and the marijuana someone smoked near us made up for it anyways).

                              Firstly, Jerry Jones' stadium/shrine is a marvel to behold. I'd like to see a game there someday and it would absolutely be a great venue for a bowl game.

                              Great, great concert. I'm pretty much not 'with it', so I didn't know much about Muse at all, but was quite impressed. You don't see a lot of three man bands anymore. Their lead man has a cool voice and I like their mix of heavy guitar, keyboard, and the singer's falsetto. Pretty cool.

                              U2 puts on an incredible show. Their stage is crazy. It has a giant, circular grouping of hexagonal screens (I think it was) that can expand, contract, raise, and lower. U2's production crew used a myriad of camera angles and interesting editing to make the video playback really catch your eye.

                              My only complaint was that the acoustics or something were weird at our seats. Bono's voice sounded abnormally high the entire show (to me at least). We have some friends who stood down on the floor who didn't notice the same problem.

                              All in all it was pretty incredible and was absolutely worth what we paid.

                              Comment

                              Working...