Spam emails, with pictures

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #1

    Spam emails, with pictures

    Does anyone here ever receive spam emails that have pictures of yourself in them. I have been for about the last 4-6 weeks. At first it was kind of funny, now I am a little disturbed by it.

    It is one of two pictures, neither of which have I ever posted online, photobucket, facebook, CUF etc.

    Should I continue laughing, or start wringing my hands?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #2
    I have several photos of myself that I've posted online, but if I ever received a spam email with a photo that I had never posted, I would be pissed and would do what I could to find out just where the hell the spammer got that photo.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • Coach McGuirk
      1
      • Nov 2008
      • 12109

      #3
      Sounds odd to me.

      Comment

      • DU Ute
        RIP CUF
        • Dec 2008
        • 7393

        #4
        If I were you I'd be proud to be the spokesmodel for having a larger penis.
        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 38003

          #5
          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          Does anyone here ever receive spam emails that have pictures of yourself in them. I have been for about the last 4-6 weeks. At first it was kind of funny, now I am a little disturbed by it.

          It is one of two pictures, neither of which have I ever posted online, photobucket, facebook, CUF etc.

          Should I continue laughing, or start wringing my hands?
          Are they pictures that you recognize? Or are they shots of you walking to your car, looking around, then getting in and driving away while a woman in a loosely tied bathroom (not your wife) stands in the doorway of the house you just left?

          Either way, I'd be worried.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Art Vandelay
            Striving for mediocrity
            • Jul 2009
            • 10516

            #6
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Does anyone here ever receive spam emails that have pictures of yourself in them. I have been for about the last 4-6 weeks. At first it was kind of funny, now I am a little disturbed by it.

            It is one of two pictures, neither of which have I ever posted online, photobucket, facebook, CUF etc.

            Should I continue laughing, or start wringing my hands?
            Considering that 90% of the unwanted email I receive seems to be concerned about my length/girth and/or stamina. I just hope you are the after using the project picture not the dude who needs it.

            "This Thread is UselessTerrifying Without Pictures"

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #7
              That's kind of freaky. If someone were doing that to me, I guess I wouldn't really know because i don't open spam email. But if I did I would be a bit worried.

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 38003

                #8
                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                That's kind of freaky. If someone were doing that to me, I guess I wouldn't really know because i don't open spam email. But if I did I would be a bit worried.
                Yes, this raises the question: how do you know its spam?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #9
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Yes, this raises the question: how do you know its spam?
                  They come from addresses like djs52hu@yaho2.com

                  My filter doesn't pull them out for some reason. They are penis enlargement, home re-fi, meet singles, weight loss pills, they have me covered. They are pictures that I have in my iPhoto, not random leaving hotel shots.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 38003

                    #10
                    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    They come from addresses like djs52hu@yaho2.com

                    My filter doesn't pull them out for some reason. They are penis enlargement, home re-fi, meet singles, weight loss pills, they have me covered. They are pictures that I have in my iPhoto, not random leaving hotel shots.
                    Well, then, it seems you have a virus, my friend. And I'm not talking about the one you got from the half-dressed chick at the hotel.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • DU Ute
                      RIP CUF
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 7393

                      #11
                      I just got this email:

                      WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF WE TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD LOOK LIKE THIS
                      AND STILL GET LAID?!?!?!?
                      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #12
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Well, then, it seems you have a virus, my friend. And I'm not talking about the one you got from the half-dressed chick at the hotel.
                        It is on a gmail account and doesn't matter if I am on my personal lap top, work computer, or blackberry.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 38003

                          #13
                          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          It is on a gmail account and doesn't matter if I am on my personal lap top, work computer, or blackberry.
                          Yeah, but I'm saying that you probably have a virus on the computer that your photos are stored on and its grabbing them and sending them to your email accounts.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 38003

                            #14
                            Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                            I just got this email:
                            This post deserves recognition.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Mr Incredible
                              Faded Pre-Madonna
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 826

                              #15
                              Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                              I just got this email:
                              If it seems too good to be true it probably is...
                              This space is available.

                              Comment

                              Working...