Flinch

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #1

    Flinch

    That was a sweet game. You pretend to punch someone, if they flinch you get to hit them twice on the shoulder and then wipe it off. If you don't wipe it off then they get to hit you ten times.

    Another cool game is when you make the "OK" sign with your hand and then hold it down below your waste. If someone looks at it, then you get two hits. If that person breaks the circle without looking then they owe you ten.
  • UteStar
    Sexiest Poster in Town
    • Nov 2008
    • 2419

    #2
    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    That was a sweet game. You pretend to punch someone, if they flinch you get to hit them twice on the shoulder and then wipe it off. If you don't wipe it off then they get to hit you ten times.

    Another cool game is when you make the "OK" sign with your hand and then hold it down below your waste. If someone looks at it, then you get two hits. If that person breaks the circle without looking then they owe you ten.
    People don't like playing Flinch with me. I never flinch. I never get scared. I never lose.

    Comment

    • YOhio
      Hipster Mode
      • Nov 2008
      • 26165

      #3
      Originally posted by UteStar View Post
      People don't like playing Flinch with me. I never flinch. I never get scared. I never lose.
      Never? I don't think so.

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37979

        #4
        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        That was a sweet game. You pretend to punch someone, if they flinch you get to hit them twice on the shoulder and then wipe it off. If you don't wipe it off then they get to hit you ten times.

        Another cool game is when you make the "OK" sign with your hand and then hold it down below your waste. If someone looks at it, then you get two hits. If that person breaks the circle without looking then they owe you ten.
        How did these games ever develop such rigid and universal rules? Those are the same rules I remember for both games.

        Another one is the game "Perdiddle," which wiki informs me is really pronounced "padiddle," but I never said it like that. Y.O., apparently you call it "Buckeye" in Ohio. Sheesh, try some creativity.

        As I remember the game, the first person in the car to spot another car w/ one headlight would shout "perdiddle!", kiss their hand, touch the roof of the car, and then slam their fist down on another passenger's leg. Unless, of course, the passenger were to shout "beer!" first. I don't recall what the penalty was for giving a dead leg after someone shouted "beer!" but I'm sure there must have been one.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • UteStar
          Sexiest Poster in Town
          • Nov 2008
          • 2419

          #5
          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Never? I don't think so.
          Well, you are wrong. So wrong that I am ROTFLMAO!!!!! So wrong.

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #6
            Originally posted by UteStar View Post
            Well, you are wrong. So wrong that I am ROTFLMAO!!!!! So wrong.
            This is where it's just so sad to watch you. So sad. I know for pretty much a 100% fact that you flinch. You get scared and yes, you lose.

            Comment

            • UteStar
              Sexiest Poster in Town
              • Nov 2008
              • 2419

              #7
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              This is where it's just so sad to watch you. So sad. I know for pretty much a 100% fact that you flinch. You get scared and yes, you lose.
              Link?

              Yeah, I didn't think so.

              Comment

              • YOhio
                Hipster Mode
                • Nov 2008
                • 26165

                #8
                Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                Link?

                Yeah, I didn't think so.
                UteStar, you can't always be so strong. I know you've been hurt before and I know the pain it's caused you. But if you want happiness, you have to tear down these emotional walls you've built for yourself. You have to open up and let somebody in.

                You have to flinch. You have to be afraid. You have to lose.

                Comment

                • Pheidippides
                  Liberal Feminazi
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14759

                  #9
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  How did these games ever develop such rigid and universal rules? Those are the same rules I remember for both games.

                  Another one is the game "Perdiddle," which wiki informs me is really pronounced "padiddle," but I never said it like that. Y.O., apparently you call it "Buckeye" in Ohio. Sheesh, try some creativity.

                  As I remember the game, the first person in the car to spot another car w/ one headlight would shout "perdiddle!", kiss their hand, touch the roof of the car, and then slam their fist down on another passenger's leg. Unless, of course, the passenger were to shout "beer!" first. I don't recall what the penalty was for giving a dead leg after someone shouted "beer!" but I'm sure there must have been one.
                  Eff off, wiki. I remember that as "perdiddle!" as well. Also related was Slug Bug (sadly only applicable in Mexico these days), and we had hybrid rules involving VW buses and blanket parties.
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                  Comment

                  • UteStar
                    Sexiest Poster in Town
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 2419

                    #10
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    UteStar, you can't always be so strong. I know you've been hurt before and I know the pain it's caused you. But if you want happiness, you have to tear down these emotional walls you've built for yourself. You have to open up and let somebody in.

                    You have to flinch. You have to be afraid. You have to lose.

                    Thanks for the advice, but to be honest, I don't think I can.

                    Comment

                    • LiveCoug
                      LA Ute loves me
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18488

                      #11
                      nevermind
                      Last edited by LiveCoug; 09-29-2009, 01:56 PM. Reason: Bad taste attempt to make fun of someones grammar

                      Comment

                      • PaloAltoCougar
                        Semper infra dignitatem
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 16936

                        #12
                        Paddidle (and I enjoy the apparently Utah pronunciation of perdiddle) rules in the late 60's Bay Area were quite sexist. If the girl saw and announced it first, she got to slug the guy in the arm; if the guy were first, the girl had to kiss him. Because I was always an excellent driver, with my attentions focused solely on road safety and the welfare of my passengers, I always lost this game.

                        And may I say that the riveting exchange between YO and Utestar in this thread reaffirms my desire that when they go in for joint therapy I want to be in the group.

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #13
                          Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Paddidle (and I enjoy the apparently Utah pronunciation of perdiddle) rules in the late 60's Bay Area were quite sexist. If the girl saw and announced it first, she got to slug the guy in the arm; if the guy were first, the girl had to kiss him. Because I was always an excellent driver, with my attentions focused solely on road safety and the welfare of my passengers, I always lost this game.

                          And may I say that the riveting exchange between YO and Utestar in this thread reaffirms my desire that when they go in for joint therapy I want to be in the group.
                          Growing up in the late 60s in the Bay Area I am sure you know all about joint therapy.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • creekster
                            It is NOT a monkey!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22661

                            #14
                            Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                            People don't like playing Flinch with me. I never flinch. I never get scared. I never lose.
                            WHen you choose to drink beer, is it a dos equis?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #15
                              Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              Growing up in the late 60s in the Bay Area I am sure you know all about joint therapy.
                              Is that true, PAC? Did you ever smoke marijuana cigarettes*?

                              *I believe that's what he meant when he said "joint". I could be wrong though.

                              Comment

                              Working...