Sacrosanct Topics on CUF

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #1

    Sacrosanct Topics on CUF

    In the above poll please indicate which things are sacrosanct and should not be called into question by another poster without instigation.
    145
    Spouse
    17.93%
    26
    Children
    20.00%
    29
    Family (in general)
    15.17%
    22
    Profession
    5.52%
    8
    Illness
    17.24%
    25
    Testimony
    12.41%
    18
    Religion (in general)
    8.28%
    12
    Other (please specify in comments)
    3.45%
    5
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #2
    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    In the above poll please indicate which things are sacrosanct and should not be called into question by another poster without instigation.
    I hate polls where I can't find the place to put a check mark.

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #3
      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      I hate polls where I can't find the place to put a check mark.
      Easy, tiger. I had to write the thing first.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • beelzebabette
        Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
        • Nov 2008
        • 2907

        #4
        My other's someone needing a rule book instead of applying common sense. Mocking that seems way out of bounds for me.

        Comment

        • Clark Addison
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10310

          #5
          I voted "Other".

          I would never call into question the judgment of anyone about his choice of forums for a thread.

          Comment

          • byu71
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22070

            #6
            Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            I hate polls where I can't find the place to put a check mark.
            Sorry, I didn't know you could post the answers and the questions at the same time. I have never done a poll.

            This is a response to my good friend, the professor, the honorable Wuap.

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #7
              Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
              My other's someone needing a rule book instead of applying common sense. Mocking that seems way out of bounds for me.
              I think you're ready for the second endowment.
              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #8
                I voted for 5 of them. I struggled with family, because in some cases their are people whose family members really should be mocked, but I came down on off limits.

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37987

                  #9
                  I only voted for 2: children and illness. I'm not sure if I should keep illness.

                  While the others certainly don't deserve "open season" status, I can think of instances where each could be attacked and the world wouldn't end. Maybe I should have put spouse in there too.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Green Lantern
                    Has overcome great fear
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 2289

                    #10
                    I voted other because sometimes making fun of someone's sick family members is the ONLY way to cut right to the heart of the matter.

                    Okay I'm kidding. Family and illness.
                    Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                    None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                    I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                    --Portland Ute

                    Comment

                    • chrisrenrut
                      Strikes and Gutters
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 2298

                      #11
                      "There are certain topics that are off-limits . . ., JFK, AIDS, the Holocaust. The Lincoln Assassination just recently became funny." Michael Scott

                      Everything on the list could be ok or not ok depending on the situation.

                      Comment

                      • Jarid in Cedar
                        CS Institutional Memory
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 13234

                        #12
                        What would we do if we couldn't make fun of religion?
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                        -Rick Majerus

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #13
                          I didnt vote as in my opinion no topic is off limits.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #14
                            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            I didnt vote as in my opinion no topic is off limits.
                            I agree to a point. I go on a poster by poster basis, there are things I would crack about with some posters that I wouldn't with others. Much like friends in the real world if you care about the relationship you know what friends you can tease about what.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • Indy Coug
                              Heartless Bastard
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 18747

                              #15
                              There's always an exception to the rule, and dammit, I'm on a quest for that exception.
                              Everything in life is an approximation.

                              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                              Comment

                              Working...