Space bar not working on Chrome

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69746

    #1

    Space bar not working on Chrome

    In the past few days I have noticed that when I reply to a post using the quick reply option, I can't use spaces in my reply. It works fine on the advanced editor or if I use a different browser (Safari for example). Turns out that other people are experiencing the same problem:

    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...rking-on-reply

    I will wait and see if vbulletin fixes it via a patch.

    At some point we will probably need to upgraded to VB5, but that would cost a few hundred bucks.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
  • Lost Student
    BAND!
    • Nov 2008
    • 4324

    #2
    That' weird. Just Chrome?

    Edit: Seems to work for me.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

    Comment

    • Lost Student
      BAND!
      • Nov 2008
      • 4324

      #3
      Is it only when you reply to a specific person and not the "+Reply to Thread" button?
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

      Comment

      • Bo Diddley
        Senior
        • Jul 2012
        • 18812

        #4
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        In the past few days I have noticed that when I reply to a post using the quick reply option, I can't use spaces in my reply. It works fine on the advanced editor or if I use a different browser (Safari for example). Turns out that other people are experiencing the same problem:

        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...rking-on-reply

        I will wait and see if vbulletin fixes it via a patch.

        At some point we will probably need to upgraded to VB5, but that would cost a few hundred bucks.
        No problems with the space bar here.

        Comment

        • Lost Student
          BAND!
          • Nov 2008
          • 4324

          #5
          Yep. Sorry JL, look like user error is the case here.
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

          Comment

          • Walter Sobchak
            Adventurer
            • Oct 2009
            • 3815

            #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            In the past few days I have noticed that when I reply to a post using the quick reply option, I can't use spaces in my reply. It works fine on the advanced editor or if I use a different browser (Safari for example). Turns out that other people are experiencing the same problem:

            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...rking-on-reply

            I will wait and see if vbulletin fixes it via a patch.

            At some point we will probably need to upgraded to VB5, but that would cost a few hundred bucks.
            i'msorryyouarehavingsomuchtrouble.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

            Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69746

              #7
              Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              i'msorryyouarehavingsomuchtrouble.
              thanksmaniappreciateit
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Applejack
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2012
                • 3813

                #8
                I have this problem with ub5 from time to time. Things work fine over here.

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #9
                  I have been having this problem, but only on my laptop at work. It doesn't do it at home on my desktop. I just thought it was 6-year-old laptop since it wasn't reproducible.
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #10
                    Now my computer at home does it sometimes. It did it on my last post less than a minute ago, but it's not doing it now.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • clackamascoug
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 9709

                      #11
                      I've noticed the same problem.... happens to me too on CB. Only about 1/20 times I post.

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69746

                        #12
                        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Now my computer at home does it sometimes. It did it on my last post less than a minute ago, but it's not doing it now.
                        It only does it when you are replying to a quote in the quick editor, in Chrome. But if you go to a blank line and then make a space, it works from then on. Weird.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69746

                          #13
                          I have figured out a workaround. Again, this only happens in Chrome in the quick editor, and only when replying to post with a quote. Before you type anything else, use the space bar to enter a space. Then copy it to the clipboard and paste it back. Then you can use the space bar just fine to compose your post. PITA, but it works.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          Working...