Did the Press Room just vanish for anyone else?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JohnnyLingo
    La Naranja
    • Nov 2008
    • 3976

    #1

    Did the Press Room just vanish for anyone else?

    The entire forum is gone.
  • RobinFinderson
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 10548

    #2
    Yes, it disappeared. Committee wisdom has made its second MINOR stylistic mistake (the name of this board being the first MINOR stylistic mistake).

    Now a tsunami in Sumatra has to share space with the diddling of American politicians.

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69751

      #3
      Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
      Yes, it disappeared. Committee wisdom has made its second MINOR stylistic mistake (the name of this board being the first MINOR stylistic mistake).

      Now a tsunami in Sumatra has to share space with the diddling of American politicians.
      Oh the humanity.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • RobinFinderson
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 10548

        #4
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Oh the humanity.
        You've made/contributed to a string of excellent stylistic choices, and I've complimented you on that before. I'm sure this minor lapse of judgment will be followed by more good choices. Your track record is pretty good.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69751

          #5
          Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
          You've made/contributed to a string of excellent stylistic choices, and I've complimented you on that before. I'm sure this minor lapse of judgment will be followed by more good choices. Your track record is pretty good.
          Someone else suggested merging the two fora and the committee agreed (including me).
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #6
            Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
            You've made/contributed to a string of excellent stylistic choices, and I've complimented you on that before. I'm sure this minor lapse of judgment will be followed by more good choices. Your track record is pretty good.
            It wasn't Jeff Lebowski. It was my idea. Aim your fire at me.

            Comment

            • RobinFinderson
              Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 10548

              #7
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              It wasn't Jeff Lebowski. It was my idea. Aim your fire at me.
              The benefit that I see in differentiated topics is that the titles of more threads can be viewed from the home page. Up to the point of visual clutter, this is useful, and contributes to more discussion.

              My 2 cents on a minor quibble.

              Comment

              • YOhio
                Hipster Mode
                • Nov 2008
                • 26165

                #8
                Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                The benefit that I see in differentiated topics is that the titles of more threads can be viewed from the home page. Up to the point of visual clutter, this is useful, and contributes to more discussion.

                My 2 cents on a minor quibble.
                I hope you're wrong, but we should keep an eye on it. If the political/current events discussion loses steam then we'll revisit the idea.

                Comment

                • Babs
                  Not a Lawyer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 17128

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Someone else suggested merging the two fora and the committee agreed (including me).
                  As board parliamentarian I feel obligated to point out that technically only 1/3 of the committee (including you) agreed.

                  Comment

                  • JohnnyLingo
                    La Naranja
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 3976

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    As board parliamentarian I feel obligated to point out that technically only 1/3 of the committee (including you) agreed.
                    Who else is on the committee? I didn't even know one existed.

                    Comment

                    • Coach McGuirk
                      1
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12109

                      #11
                      Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                      Who else is on the committee? I didn't even know one existed.

                      Comment

                      • JohnnyLingo
                        La Naranja
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 3976

                        #12
                        Thanks.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69751

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          As board parliamentarian I feel obligated to point out that technically only 1/3 of the committee (including you) agreed.
                          Correction. Everyone on the committee who offered an opinion on the matter. And it was more like 1/2.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Babs
                            Not a Lawyer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 17128

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Correction. Everyone on the committee who offered an opinion on the matter. And it was more like 1/2.
                            Nope. Check the minutes.

                            Four of the quorum of twelve voted yay. Seven respectfully abstained, and one submitted some kind of incomprehensible primate gibberish.

                            Comment

                            • Fiyero
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5266

                              #15
                              Only one of the twelve governors live in the motherland? The other eleven are in California, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Ohio, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New Hampshire? What kind of equal representation is that? I demand a Hispanic New Yorker be admitted pronto.

                              Comment

                              Working...