WARNING:Software Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    It was very simple. The old ones were still there on the server. All I have to do was go into the Smilie Manager and change the file extensions. The new versions end in *.png and the old ones end in *.gif. So change "eek.png" to "eek.gif", etc.
    Don't change the files themselves, change the paths to the files in the Smilie Manager. If you don't have them, just right-click and download them from here and then upload via FTP.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• What happened to the feature where you could click on the number of replies and it would bring up a screen showing how many posts each user had in that particular thread? I liked that feature.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        What happened to the feature where you could click on the number of replies and it would bring up a screen showing how many posts each user had in that particular thread? I liked that feature.
        It its still there.
        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          It its still there.
          I see. It's just very subtle because there is no underlined hyperlink. Thanks.

Comment

I see. It's just very subtle because there is no underlined hyperlink. Thanks.
            Took me some time last night to figure that out. For some reason I have trouble remembering how to do that.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Took me some time last night to figure that out. For some reason I have trouble remembering how to do that.
              The other part I like about that feature is by then clicking on the number of posts next to their names, you can then see all of that posters posts from the thread. No need to do a search.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

The other part I like about that feature is by then clicking on the number of posts next to their names, you can then see all of that posters posts from the thread. No need to do a search.
                Whoa. That is nice. Thanks.

Comment

Exactly. That's why I like the feature.

Comment

• I am rebuilding the search index. The search feature may be slow and/or unusable for a little while.

Comment

I am rebuilding the search index. The search feature may be slow and/or unusable for a little while.
                      I couldn't find something this morning so hopefully the rebuild will resolve it.

Comment

I couldn't find something this morning so hopefully the rebuild will resolve it.
                        Yes, it has been spotty. Every time I run the utility to rebuild the search index it gets partway through and times out. I am running it from a shell script now and it has been running for an hour or two with no problem so we should be in good shape. We have almost one million posts to index so it takes a while.

Comment

In the advanced editor, there is an entirely new suite of table editing tools. I am going to disable the old one because it causes conflicts.
                          Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                          With all the changes was the ability to creat tables lost? Specifically, table slash-table commands.

Tried to do it recently and was not successful.
                          By the way, I discovered over the weekend that with the new post editor you can create a table in MS Word and format it and then just paste it into a post and the table formatting is preserved. Very nice. See this post as an example:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post964727

Comment

I am rebuilding the search index. The search feature may be slow and/or unusable for a little while.
                            Ran it from a shell script this time and it crashed at the same place (after processing 864,000 posts). Grrr.... I am stumped.

Comment

• I was just looking at a post by Mark Grace about embedding youtube videos and I was surprised to discover that the old YouTube embed link no longer worked. However, you don't need it anymore as both the basic and the advanced post editor include a button you can use to embed video (the one that looks like two frames of a movie strip). Just click on that and then paste your URL and voila!

I deleted the old YouTube BB code link to avoid confusion.

Comment

Ran it from a shell script this time and it crashed at the same place (after processing 864,000 posts). Grrr.... I am stumped.
                                I appreciate the efforts. It would be nice to be able to rely on search results again.
                                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Working...
                                X