Malware on CUF?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Clark Addison
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10306

    #1

    Malware on CUF?

    I just clicked on the "Did you know this streams on Netflix" thread, and Chrome gave me the following message:



    I am going out right now and don't have time right now to figure out what this is, but thought I would post it. I assume it is just some sort of bot that JL put there to gather our most personal information, which he can then sell or use to his profit.
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37979

    #2
    I got the same thing.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • pellegrino
      miserere me
      • Jan 2009
      • 12100

      #3
      me too.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

      Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

      pelagius

      Comment

      • old_gregg
        scaly man fish
        • Nov 2009
        • 16915

        #4
        this post is where the suspicious link is. way to go, sullyute.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment

        • All-American
          Right, as Usual
          • Nov 2008
          • 15664

          #5
          I thought we banned Robin.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

          Comment

          • byu71
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22070

            #6
            I have always wished those hacker types would get their's. Knowing how smart some of you are, I am sure you will send something back into their system that will F them bad.

            Comment

            • SoCalCoug
              Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
              • Nov 2008
              • 5214

              #7
              Originally posted by camleish View Post
              this post is where the suspicious link is. way to go, sullyute.
              I didn't fall for it, Camleish - you tried to trick us by linking us to the infected link.
              If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

              "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

              "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69689

                #8
                I am not getting the warning on Chrome. Sounds like it was a false alarm that has been fixed.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • PaloAltoCougar
                  Semper infra dignitatem
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 16936

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I am not getting the warning on Chrome. Sounds like it was a false alarm that has been fixed.
                  I just got it when I clicked on the Netflix thread. No way to I possess the skills to figure out why.

                  Comment

                  • UtahDan
                    *
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14496

                    #10
                    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    I just got it when I clicked on the Netflix thread. No way to I possess the skills to figure out why.
                    I'm still getting it too. Can someone just remove the link?

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69689

                      #11
                      Try it now and tell me what happens.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • pellegrino
                        miserere me
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 12100

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Try it now and tell me what happens.
                        seems fine
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

                        Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                        pelagius

                        Comment

                        • PaloAltoCougar
                          Semper infra dignitatem
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 16936

                          #13
                          That fixed it for me.

                          Comment

                          Working...