Site is Sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been good for me this morning.

EDIT: Spoke too Soon. It bogged down again.
    Last edited by creekster; 02-16-2012, 10:17 AM.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Time out.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Yep keeps timing me out too. Eff this site. Lebowski step your game up.
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Yep keeps timing me out too. Eff this site. Lebowski step your game up.
          Just had a timeout that lasted a few minutes.
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Jeff Lebowski continues to endorse mediocrity.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

It has timed out for me about 20 times today, but I readily admit the issue could be the shitty browser I am forced to use...

Did I mention that I have to use a really old crapy browser at work? If I didn't mention it I would like to mention it again now...
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

everyone needs to come hang out at my office. CUF works fine.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

It's worked fine for me today. Having said that, I realize that it will stop working fine for the rest of the day. Oh well, I'm heading home!
                  Not that, sickos.

Comment

just happened on one thread, using Chrome. Accessing this:

http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread...ewpost&t=45729

Comment

OK amigos, I just installed a vbulletin plug-in that zaps "bad bots". (<--- Hey DDD, notice the Brit style use of period behind quotation. ). I can enter a list of bad bots, but it comes with a pre-defined list of suggested entries that I used. If this works correctly, it should block the bad bots that don't honor the robots.txt file. Should start kicking in in 30 minutes or so.

Hopefully this will help. It certainly won't hurt. Maybe our "guest" list will get much smaller now.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Maybe it's just me but I am still timing out enough for it to be quite annoying. I just had a timeout that lasted about 3 minutes. Meanwhile I am surfing other sites in other tabs of my browser and it is lightning quick. I am experiencing this on both IE and Firefox. And this has happened while connected to two different ISPs that are super fast, a business class Comcast line and a Verizon FiOS line.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

That is very odd. I havent had any problems today
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            Maybe it's just me but I am still timing out enough for it to be quite annoying. I just had a timeout that lasted about 3 minutes. Meanwhile I am surfing other sites in other tabs of my browser and it is lightning quick. I am experiencing this on both IE and Firefox. And this has happened while connected to two different ISPs that are super fast, a business class Comcast line and a Verizon FiOS line.
                            It happened to me again this morning, too. My browser works fine with other tabs, but it can take forever for CUF to load.
                            Not that, sickos.

Comment

very sluggish with chrome.

Comment

If it is slow, click on the link again. Doing that a few times is faster than clicking once and waiting.
                                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Working...
                                X