Attack of the Femme Bots

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Viking
    Banned
    • Jun 2009
    • 6470

    #1

    Attack of the Femme Bots

    Can admins here require all new users be authorized individually by an admin? Can you add some "human" questions to verify a pulse?
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69687

    #2
    Originally posted by Viking View Post
    Can admins here require all new users be authorized individually by an admin? Can you add some "human" questions to verify a pulse?
    In the first year or so of CUF it got to where we were getting overwhelmed with spam accounts, often several a day. Then I installed an add-in that requires a new user to go through an e-mail verification process and the spam accounts went down by 95% or so. I am confident that all of the spam accounts now are real humans. At some point there is nothing you can do but zap them when they show up.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #3
      I still have spam from one of them on my visitor wall. falawful cruelly mocked me about it.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • BigPiney
        Huge Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 12365

        #4
        Fembots have feelings too.

        [YOUTUBE]1kFa58BJWrA[/YOUTUBE]

        Comment

        • Viking
          Banned
          • Jun 2009
          • 6470

          #5
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          In the first year or so of CUF it got to where we were getting overwhelmed with spam accounts, often several a day. Then I installed an add-in that requires a new user to go through an e-mail verification process and the spam accounts went down by 95% or so. I am confident that all of the spam accounts now are real humans. At some point there is nothing you can do but zap them when they show up.
          ok, so this is a Ute-type attack or attack from Tulsa...maybe even from El Joto himself?

          IP tracking, baby. Then hand over the IPs to the FBI's cybercrime unit to see if there's any minors in the images shown and all of a sudden, "funny" joke turns into a felony. Surely, with all these lawyers here, someone has worked with that unit before (sorry, couldn't help that one).

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37975

            #6
            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            I still have spam from one of them on my visitor wall. falawful cruelly mocked me about it.
            Come on ,not missing this opportunity please.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #7
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Come on ,not missing this opportunity please.
              We having much opportunities for you at www.falawfulopportunities.com. Come by today save many monies.
              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #8
                Originally posted by Viking View Post
                ok, so this is a Ute-type attack or attack from Tulsa...maybe even from El Joto himself?

                IP tracking, baby. Then hand over the IPs to the FBI's cybercrime unit to see if there's any minors in the images shown and all of a sudden, "funny" joke turns into a felony. Surely, with all these lawyers here, someone has worked with that unit before (sorry, couldn't help that one).
                I'm lost. What attack?
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69687

                  #9
                  Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  I'm lost. What attack?
                  A couple of spammers posted links to porn over the past 24 hrs.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • PaloAltoCougar
                    Semper infra dignitatem
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 16936

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    A couple of spammers posted links to porn over the past 24 hrs.
                    And not good porn, let the record show. We have standards.

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #11
                      Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      And not good porn, let the record show. We have standards.
                      Really bad stuff. So bad I started deleting threads without even looking.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • Pheidippides
                        Liberal Feminazi
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14759

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        A couple of spammers posted links to porn over the past 24 hrs.
                        There was more than one? After the first thread by somebody I didn't know I figured I'd better not click on another.
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69687

                          #13
                          Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                          There was more than one? After the first thread by somebody I didn't know I figured I'd better not click on another.
                          That's what I hear. I didn't see any of them.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Viking
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 6470

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            That's what I hear. I didn't see any of them.
                            I'm up at 4:30 am Brasilia (most days). I thankfully did not click on the 4-5 obviously jacked up threads at around 6:30ish.

                            Comment

                            • HauteCoug
                              Wants a Silver Fox
                              • Oct 2011
                              • 899

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Viking View Post
                              I'm up at 4:30 am Brasilia (most days). I thankfully did not click on the 4-5 obviously jacked up threads at around 6:30ish.
                              Careful brother. Watching porn might make you gay.
                              what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

                              Comment

                              Working...