Hey

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Medfordcoug
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 157

    #1

    Hey

    So I've been lurking for awhile but it appears to be a lot better board than Utefans or CB. At least the comments are entertaining both in the sports forum and in the foyer.

    As for me, I am a big college football fan, love the cougars, but I don't have a overwhelming hate of the Utes. Well, except for one day in November and if we lose, I'm ticked off for awhile. But eventually I start looking to the new year with hope and renewed, if somewhat misplaced, faith.

    As for any other details, I bleed blue, vote mostly red, consider myself a conservative libertarian, live in Oregon and I've decided Rugby is my new favorite sport.
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #2
    Welcome! Good to you have you here. It's about time we found a good poster from Oregon.

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #3
      Originally posted by Medfordcoug View Post
      So I've been lurking for awhile but it appears to be a lot better board than Utefans or CB. At least the comments are entertaining both in the sports forum and in the foyer.

      As for me, I am a big college football fan, love the cougars, but I don't have a overwhelming hate of the Utes. Well, except for one day in November and if we lose, I'm ticked off for awhile. But eventually I start looking to the new year with hope and renewed, if somewhat misplaced, faith.

      As for any other details, I bleed blue, vote mostly red, consider myself a conservative libertarian, live in Oregon and I've decided Rugby is my new favorite sport.
      Welcome from a bleed red, vote purple, libertarian. Can't comment on rugby as I haven't ever watched a match.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • Medfordcoug
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2009
        • 157

        #4
        I don't know about a good poster, but I am here.

        Comment

        • Medfordcoug
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 157

          #5
          I've only seen a few Rugby matches, but it's a blast.

          Comment

          • Coach McGuirk
            1
            • Nov 2008
            • 12109

            #6
            Welcome! It is good to have a new poster that isn't a jackass.

            Comment

            • Medfordcoug
              Junior Member
              • Jun 2009
              • 157

              #7
              Well, hopefully not.........

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #8
                Answer this question......your answer will determine our future dealings, so think about it carefully.

                What do you think about the status of Angola's exclave region of Cabinda? Should it be its own country or remain part of the República de Angola?
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • I.J. Reilly
                  Nobody's Fool
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 2949

                  #9
                  Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Answer this question......your answer will determine our future dealings, so think about it carefully.

                  What do you think about the status of Angola's exclave region of Cabinda? Should it be its own country or remain part of the República de Angola?
                  Your introductory questions are trending toward the esoteric.

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69696

                    #10
                    Another lurker succumbs.

                    Welcome. Don't be shy.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • BigPiney
                      Huge Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12366

                      #11
                      I think a better question for those in Oregon would be; Ducks or Beavers?

                      Comment

                      • UtahDan
                        *
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14496

                        #12
                        Welcome to the grownups' table.

                        Comment

                        • Medfordcoug
                          Junior Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 157

                          #13
                          Nice question Wuapinmon,

                          As for what I think, of course I think it should be its own country, but then I think Scotland should also declare its independence and Texas should have left long ago. For that matter, Northern California and Southern Oregon should from a new state as these areas have very little say in the politics of their respective states.

                          Now the real question of Ducks or Beavers, neither. In fact, I will root for any team from Utah over Ducks or Beavers. But in a battle between the two schools, Beavers. I do not care for Bellotti at all!

                          Comment

                          • BigPiney
                            Huge Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12366

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Medfordcoug View Post
                            Nice question Wuapinmon,

                            As for what I think, of course I think it should be its own country, but then I think Scotland should also declare its independence and Texas should have left long ago. For that matter, Northern California and Southern Oregon should from a new state as these areas have very little say in the politics of their respective states.

                            Now the real question of Ducks or Beavers, neither. In fact, I will root for any team from Utah over Ducks or Beavers. But in a battle between the two schools, Beavers. I do not care for Bellotti at all!
                            You Can't Lick Our Beavers!!

                            I agree with the Nothern California thing. Though I am afraid I would get thrown into socal now based on zip code alone.

                            Comment

                            • Hot Lunch
                              Out of Office
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7842

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              Welcome! It is good to have a new poster that isn't a jackass.
                              LOL. After Jarid came along, we haven't had the best of luck with those that have followed.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

                              Comment

                              Working...