Auftauchen

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #16
    Originally posted by outlier View Post
    The political forum seemed maybe 15-20% less shrill.

    It's been a long time, I just remember there were a couple of boorish people who seemed to rule some parts of the site and who seemed more into "winning" than communicating. Kind of like all forums everywhere, I guess.
    I think you're going to like this place a lot better than before!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #17
      Originally posted by outlier View Post
      The political forum seemed maybe 15-20% less shrill.

      It's been a long time, I just remember there were a couple of boorish people who seemed to rule some parts of the site and who seemed more into "winning" than communicating. Kind of like all forums everywhere, I guess.
      I'm both hoping and not hoping that he's referring to me.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • happyone
        Board Bookworm
        • Mar 2009
        • 5398

        #18
        Welcome

        Love your avatar

        I may be small, but I'm slow.

        A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

        Comment

        • SeattleUte
          Faith crisis consultant
          • Nov 2008
          • 20837

          #19
          Originally posted by outlier View Post
          The political forum seemed maybe 15-20% less shrill.

          It's been a long time, I just remember there were a couple of boorish people who seemed to rule some parts of the site and who seemed more into "winning" than communicating. Kind of like all forums everywhere, I guess.
          I think you're referring to TripletDaddy. Unfortunately, he's still here.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

          --Jonathan Swift

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69716

            #20
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            I think you're referring to TripletDaddy. Unfortunately, he's still here.
            And still winning.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • outlier
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 27

              #21
              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              I'm both hoping and not hoping that he's referring to me.
              Is this my question? That's -- well, my expectations were built up a little higher than that.

              Anyway -- the place does seem less win-by-shouting oriented. Gauging by how many usernames look familiar from the old days (mostly the three months I was on CG probably), it could just be that everyone's older than they used to be. In a good way maybe.

              o

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #22
                outlier, leave the LDS church before it rips your family apart!
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69716

                  #23
                  Outlier has been back two days, but so far I am unable to detect a rise in the quality of discourse around here.

                  Come on, man! Get to work.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • outlier
                    Junior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 27

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Outlier has been back two days, but so far I am unable to detect a rise in the quality of discourse around here.

                    Come on, man! Get to work.
                    The basis point referenced was from six years ago as opposed to two days ago, so I'm not sure this is a valid complaint. Further, it's possible that our perceptions differed and continue to differ. Now what?

                    outlier, leave the LDS church before it rips your family apart!
                    I'm already single. What more can it do at this point?

                    o

                    Comment

                    • Topper
                      Pre-Historic Man
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 11764

                      #25
                      Originally posted by outlier View Post
                      The basis point referenced was from six years ago as opposed to two days ago, so I'm not sure this is a valid complaint. Further, it's possible that our perceptions differed and continue to differ. Now what?



                      I'm already single. What more can it do at this point?

                      o
                      The arguments cycle and re-cycle with very little new discourse. Some enjoyable people to be around are here, but the level of discourse is unremarkable.

                      You could become a gay parent; that would shake things up a bit, if you are of an inquiring mind.

                      Mit anderen Worten, wir moechten Dir willkommenheissen weil Du zu uns gekommen bist.
                      Last edited by Topper; 11-30-2015, 05:53 PM.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                      Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                      Comment

                      • wuapinmon
                        Soul Plumber
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 30711

                        #26
                        If this guy were still around, I might ask him a question.
                        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                        Comment

                        • outlier
                          Junior Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 27

                          #27
                          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          If this guy were still around, I might ask him a question.
                          Eh, "around".

                          I get the lack of new threads now. In case anyone wanted validation.

                          o

                          Comment

                          Working...