Hey-o

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hostile
    lollygagger
    • Dec 2009
    • 5736

    #16
    Originally posted by GK_ View Post
    My grandpa was actually way down on the bench for the 1944 Basketball team
    Dick Smuin?

    Welcome GK_ Good to have another Ute.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

    Comment

    • pellegrino
      miserere me
      • Jan 2009
      • 12100

      #17
      GK_, honor our traditions, search for instances of my name and "approved template" in this forum.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

      Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

      pelagius

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #18
        Do you think Lesnar destroys Alistair? I don't know much, but I think he does.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • GK_
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 28

          #19
          Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
          GK_, honor our traditions, search for instances of my name and "approved template" in this forum.
          Ok, I couldn't find an official one, but here goes(maybe a sticky thread at the top of this section with the template would be nice)

          How did you find CUF?

          Not sure, I think it was google, or got linked here from the pac12message board

          What do you like about CUF?

          Seems pretty active with local sports discussion

          What don't I like about CUF?

          Nothing about it bothers me so far

          How did you choose your moniker?

          I'm extremely lazy and uncreative so I just used my initials this time.

          What do you do (other than read CUF)?

          Watch lots of Football and MMA. Play video games, work a bit and play with my kids. Help run the tech side of Fightingoutof.net and Bloodyknux.com

          How many States have you lived in?

          Utah, mostly davis county areas, couple years in St. George
          Colorado

          What are your sports loyalties?

          Vikings
          Jazz
          Utes

          What's your standing in the church?
          Not a religious person, don't go to church.


          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          Do you think Lesnar destroys Alistair? I don't know much, but I think he does.
          Destroy? I don't know. I think they both have a good shot. Lesnar has shown the tendency to wilt if he gets punched hard, and allistair has some great striking. I would rate it above Carwin who nearly put Lesnar out. On the other hand, he hasn't fought any real great wrestlers of late, so it's hard to predict how good his take down defense is. I definitely wouldn't bet money on this fight as it's a tough one to be sure about.

          Comment

          • Sullyute
            a day late/a dollar short
            • Jul 2010
            • 3308

            #20
            Originally posted by GK_ View Post
            Ok, I couldn't find an official one, but here goes(maybe a sticky thread at the top of this section with the template would be nice)
            Thanks for the intro...
            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

            Comment

            • UtahDan
              *
              • Nov 2008
              • 14496

              #21
              Originally posted by GK_ View Post
              Destroy? I don't know. I think they both have a good shot. Lesnar has shown the tendency to wilt if he gets punched hard, and allistair has some great striking. I would rate it above Carwin who nearly put Lesnar out. On the other hand, he hasn't fought any real great wrestlers of late, so it's hard to predict how good his take down defense is. I definitely wouldn't bet money on this fight as it's a tough one to be sure about.
              You think he hits as hard or is a better striker than Carwin? I was really disappointed by Carwin's effort against Dos Santos.

              Comment

              • GK_
                Junior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 28

                #22
                Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                You think he hits as hard or is a better striker than Carwin?
                Single punch harder? Probably not. Better rounded striker for sure. Carwin throws bombs. He doesn't do a whole lot else. Overeem has good boxing and good low kicks and he has some fantastic knees from the clinch. Stuffing a takedown from Lesnar and landing a huge knee could be the difference in the fight if he can pull it off. Mir was able to land a knee from the clinch, but his aren't anywhere near as good as Overeems.
                Last edited by GK_; 09-09-2011, 01:39 PM.

                Comment

                • UtahDan
                  *
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14496

                  #23
                  Originally posted by GK_ View Post
                  Single punch harder? Probably not. Better rounded striker for sure. Carwin throws bombs. He doesn't do a whole lot else. Overeem has good boxing and good low kicks and he has some fantastic knees from the clinch. Stuffing a takedown from Lesnar and landing a huge knee could be the difference in the fight if he can pull it off. Mir was able to land a knee from the clinch, but his aren't anywhere near as good as Overeems.
                  I am skeptical but I will be interested to see. I don't think he has fought an elite heavy weight since, well, has he ever fought an elite heavyweight? Seems like he has beaten a bunch of bums. On the other hand, will Lesnar ever regain form? Can he get healthy? Can he evolve (he needs to)? Plenty of interesting story lines. All pale in comparison to Velasquez v. Dos Santos which should be epic.

                  Comment

                  • filsdepac
                    No pun intended
                    • May 2009
                    • 1823

                    #24
                    What video games do you play? Better said, is November 8th circled on your calendar?

                    Comment

                    • GK_
                      Junior Member
                      • Sep 2011
                      • 28

                      #25
                      I should have said Computer Games. I have a 360 but mostly use it for streaming, never really got into console games as much. Recently I really enjoyed Bad Company 2 on the PC.

                      I bought MW2 on the xbox and really didn't enjoy it. I thought BC2 was way better. Some of that could be PC with dedicated servers vs console though.

                      I do have October 25th circled.

                      Comment

                      • pellegrino
                        miserere me
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 12100

                        #26
                        Welcome, GK_. I am pleased you used the pellegrino-approved template to introduce yourself.
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

                        Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                        pelagius

                        Comment

                        • wuapinmon
                          Soul Plumber
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 30711

                          #27
                          Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                          Welcome, GK_. I am pleased you used the pellegrino-approved template to introduce yourself.
                          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                          Comment

                          • pellegrino
                            miserere me
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 12100

                            #28
                            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            dude, I can't make them include it. the template has to remain flexible. if you ask, they will answer.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

                            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                            pelagius

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #29
                              Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                              dude, I can't make them include it. the template has to remain flexible. if you ask, they will answer.
                              Well, apparently my tender feelings define "approved" differently.
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              • SuperGabers
                                aka... UtahDan's Wifey
                                • May 2009
                                • 2182

                                #30
                                Welcome GK_. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

                                Comment

                                Working...