an intro...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tim
    Not Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 4390

    #16
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    "Feminist Mo-Hos"
    LOL! LITERALLY!
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

    Comment

    • doctorcoug
      To Win is to Honor Him
      • Jun 2009
      • 2273

      #17
      Welcome. You hit the ground running.

      How do you like being a SAHM while your husband is away all day? Quite frankly, my wife is pissed at me constantly for not being around. I actually feel quite guilty for it all.
      "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

      "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 38003

        #18
        Originally posted by MsBooksIt View Post
        What do you do (other than read CUF)?

        I'm a SAHM to four kids.
        Which description to you most regularly employ? (warning: profanity, sorry if I offend)



        And welcome!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • MsBooksIt
          Lacks a member
          • Nov 2009
          • 28

          #19
          DDD- I'd be proud to be known as a Feminist Mo Ho. We're not all humorless beyotches.

          Doctor Coug-- Is that a subtle reference to something? Hmmm, maybe I'm not as anonymous as I thought. To answer your question, I've gotten used to it over time. The intern year was pretty much the worst, though. But I just know that I can never count on him to be around at any given time. I always have to have a plan B, always have to figure that I'll be alone at Parent-Teacher Conferences, will always have to be the one who drives the car pool, will have to throw birthday parties without his help (like the one we recently had for 15 4yos at Chuck E Cheese-- I needed some valium after that). If I figure that when he's around it's a bonus, then I don't get quite as mad when he's not around. The thing that sucks the most is that I can never really complain. A few weeks ago he had taken the day off so he could watch the kids. I had 16 girlfriends coming in from out of town to stay at my house. Then he got a call to come in and open up somebody's leg. And I was furious because I had to totally rearrange my plans. Instead of having a good time with my friends, I was trying to keep my kids contained. But when I complained, his response was something like, "The guy would have either died or lost his leg if I hadn't gone in." I just hate that it's always somebody's emergency, somebody's worst day of their life, which trumps things like showing up for a dance recital.

          And do I like being a SAHM? Not really. I'm not really cut out for the whole staying home thing. I like to do things, and accomplish things other than folding laundry and picking up the family room ten times a day. Our youngest starts kindergarten in three years, and every week I have a new plan for what I'm going to do once she starts.

          Wow, that was long.

          Palo Alto Coug-- You seem to have a much more intimate familiarity with the skating rink Reams than I do. I went in once, got skeeved out, and never went back.
          Last edited by MsBooksIt; 11-04-2009, 06:40 PM.

          Comment

          • MsBooksIt
            Lacks a member
            • Nov 2009
            • 28

            #20
            Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Which description to you most regularly employ? (warning: profanity, sorry if I offend)



            And welcome!
            Definitely the second, LOL. Incidentally, Heather and I were roommates on Study Abroad in London.

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 38003

              #21
              Originally posted by MsBooksIt View Post
              Definitely the second, LOL. Incidentally, Heather and I were roommates on Study Abroad in London.
              Interesting! You will fit in nicely around here (and just just because you're a SAHM!).
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Levin
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 1152

                #22
                Could we please keep criticism of the turtle Reams to a minimum? The Reams' son was my best friend as a prekindergartener and I have many fond memories running around the boot and wrangler department at the turtle. That place looked like a palace to me, and it will ever be so in my heart.

                TIA.

                Comment

                • Pheidippides
                  Liberal Feminazi
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14759

                  #23
                  MBI, having had lunch with your husband, and knowing how fast you run by way of that lunch, you automatically would have earned a free pass from me 'round here. But that intro was epic in its epicness, and my only regret is that I didn't have you and Cardiac over when you were still down here.

                  Welcome!
                  Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                  Comment

                  • MsBooksIt
                    Lacks a member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 28

                    #24
                    Thanks, nikuman! You're running Houston this year, aren't you? I think it's the same day as R&R Arizona, which is the next one I'm running. I did Kingwood two years in a row (that's sort of in your neck of the woods, isn't it?). The only thing that race has going for it is that it's not on a Sunday. A four loop race is painful. It would have been fun to get together, but I will say that I'm glad to be out of the Bayou City. Every day I wake up and am thankful not to be sweaty.

                    Comment

                    • cougjunkie
                      *Banned*
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 23223

                      #25
                      Having met Mrs. cardiaccougar in person I will say she will be a very nice addition to the site.
                      *Banned*

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #26
                        Welcome, it always makes me feel good when we get another member smarter than myself.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • MsBooksIt
                          Lacks a member
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 28

                          #27
                          Hey cougjunkie.

                          Levin, it's been a while! Look at you, all grown up!

                          Comment

                          • Levin
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 1152

                            #28
                            Originally posted by MsBooksIt View Post

                            Levin, it's been a while! Look at you, all grown up!
                            Sooner and I must have been fighting out on the basketball court when we met b/c I don't recall it, but I do recall quite a few thrown elbows from Sooner that could have distracted me.

                            Definitely good to have you on the board.

                            Comment

                            • byu71
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22070

                              #29
                              Welcome. I am glad to have you here.

                              Comment

                              • Pheidippides
                                Liberal Feminazi
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 14759

                                #30
                                Originally posted by MsBooksIt View Post
                                Thanks, nikuman! You're running Houston this year, aren't you? I think it's the same day as R&R Arizona, which is the next one I'm running. I did Kingwood two years in a row (that's sort of in your neck of the woods, isn't it?). The only thing that race has going for it is that it's not on a Sunday. A four loop race is painful. It would have been fun to get together, but I will say that I'm glad to be out of the Bayou City. Every day I wake up and am thankful not to be sweaty.
                                You have just summed up all the reasons I'm not running Kingwood (even though it is practically next door): no way I can do 26.2 miles of looping around four times. Running the Houston on a Sunday is my way of trying to stay out of all important callings at the same time I get my racing fix.

                                My wife escapes to Montana in the summer to beat the heat. Meanwhile, I trained all summer. It. Was. Horrible. Also, you now have actual hills to run up. I don't think I've seen any down here.

                                Anyway, good luck in AZ, and I wish I was as fast as you are!
                                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                                Comment

                                Working...