Banana Fana Fo Fee-YUGuy

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #31
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I saw BoylenOver at the Utah State game with CougarHut. BoylenOver was rocking blue, stretch Y logo gear, and even a Cougar paw print on his cheek.

    b a n d w a g o n!
    I knew it. Especially after the Bama pics.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • pellegrino
      miserere me
      • Jan 2009
      • 12100

      #32
      Welcome TheBYUGuy. I am pleased you chose the pellegrino approved template to introduce yourself.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

      Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

      pelagius

      Comment

      • TheBYUGuy
        Friend of Rodin
        • Sep 2009
        • 1442

        #33
        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        THEbyuGUY, welcome to the board. Please answer the following question, and don't be coy, I'm on to you. How you respond will determine our future dealings, and I'm not to be trifled with, so put a damper on that wit you're so proud of and just answer the <redacted> question.

        Barack Obama has recently been attempting to prompt our government to revisit the issue of affordable healthcare for all Americans. People have different opinions about what the new plan should be. Sometimes people make impassioned/logical arguments, even in direct disagreement with someone else, in support of their ideas. These are great and are part of why CUF is so awesome. Sadly though, sometimes, some people--I'll not name names--say stupid hate-filled callous <redacted> that makes the magma in my soul, the bile in my stomach, well up and want to pour forth into a molten diatribe of caustic blistering insult. When I'm pissed at somebody on CUF, and I want to respond, but I find it impossible to respond with wit and cutting sarcasm, and instead I just want to lay into them, I usually post this photograph:


        of the Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica--one of the world's most active--so that I don't piss of the Dude. Arenal boasts a classic shape, abundant hot springs, a lagoon, rain forests, and rich fertile soil. The towns around Arenal have all become destinations for dreadlocked granola-eating American & European hippies. They come in droves and stay for a long time. Another American visited Costa Rica on March 19, 1963, the same day that the Irazú Volcano near San José erupted, covering the entire Central Valley in a layer of ash, and giving this American, President John F. Kennedy post-nasal drip and a sore throat from all the ash in the air. 8 months and 2 days later, he would have some post-cerebral drip in Dallas. So, who killed JFK?
        The overwhelming evidence is that Oswald killed JFK, especially given the fact that there were never really any other suspects named. We can talk about conspiracy theories all day, but my biggest question is why didn't the DPD do a more effective job protecting Oswald? Because of the carelessness of the DPD, the evidence necessary to solve the case was gone just 2 days after the event, unless you're someone who thinks the remaining sealed Warren Report records are going to tell us something relevant when they're opened in 2017. I think that's a bit of a stretch myself.

        Comment

        • TheBYUGuy
          Friend of Rodin
          • Sep 2009
          • 1442

          #34
          Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
          Did you ever go to Macau to eat dog meat or bet on Jai-Alai?
          I was in the blessed land of Macau for my last 5 months, and I did in fact try the dog. It was quite tasty and tender the way it was prepared, but I understand it had probably been boiled for 1/2 day to make it so tender.

          Have the Elders maintained the fabulous tradition of, whenever tracting in a large building, first climbing to the top of the stairwell and trying to spit all the way down to the bottom through the hole in the middle of the stairs? I must have done that in a thousand buildings.
          The cool thing about this is when it's like a courtyard at the bottom and people are walking through. But it can be hard to keep your spittle from disintegrating before reaching the ground.

          Did you ever attend the Fillipina branch (Best. Branch. Ever.), even though you were not assigned to it (I did this for 3 months)?
          Filifinas are awesome. When I was there, there were at least three Filipino branches and I worked in two of them. The best and most rewarding times on my mission came while working with them. On second thought, I might not have been assigned to one of those branches, but I still attended from time to time.

          Had the temple been built yet when you were there? If so, are all of the high-class bordellos still around, making the HK temple the only one (that I know of) that requires you to walk by several whorehouses?
          Yes and yes. I also remember feeling uncomfortable several times getting on the subway from TST and being stuck next to a guy and his...err...temporary partner while she rubbed various parts of his body and talked dirty to him.

          Sidebar: Jackie Chan is rumored to own a house somewhere in Kowloon Tong near the temple. I went to a parade for Chinese New Year one year. One of the floats that came through had some of the prettiest women I had ever seen standing waving at the crowd. My heart temporarily unlocked itself as I sat there staring at them. It wasn't until the float had actually passed that I realized Jackie Chan was standing between them. I just thought all the people were taking pictures of the ladies.

          Did you take Calculus after your mission and always giggle when your teacher mentioned D(u)?
          Yes, but calculus was the class I realized I never had to attend but could still get an 'A'. The lectures were worthless. D(u), though--that can be our inside joke.

          Is Harvey Leung still active, or am I an 0-fer when it comes to active converts?
          Sorry, I don't know Harvey, but I was assigned to only 4 wards in Hong Kong, and one of them was a singles ward.

          Comment

          • DU Ute
            RIP CUF
            • Dec 2008
            • 7393

            #35
            Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
            Yes, but calculus was the class I realized I never had to attend but could still get an 'A'. The lectures were worthless. D(u), though--that can be our inside joke.
            So I'm just a joke to you. I guess I know how you voted in the poll.
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

            Comment

            • TheBYUGuy
              Friend of Rodin
              • Sep 2009
              • 1442

              #36
              Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
              So I'm just a joke to you. I guess I know how you voted in the poll.
              You chose your own moniker and that is the burden you'll have to bear.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69747

                #37
                Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                Yes, but calculus was the class I realized I never had to attend but could still get an 'A'.
                Stop.... You had me with "Longhorn fan".
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #38
                  Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                  The overwhelming evidence is that Oswald killed JFK, especially given the fact that there were never really any other suspects named. We can talk about conspiracy theories all day, but my biggest question is why didn't the DPD do a more effective job protecting Oswald? Because of the carelessness of the DPD, the evidence necessary to solve the case was gone just 2 days after the event, unless you're someone who thinks the remaining sealed Warren Report records are going to tell us something relevant when they're opened in 2017. I think that's a bit of a stretch myself.
                  Finally, a worthy answer. We shall be great friends.
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • TheBYUGuy
                    Friend of Rodin
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 1442

                    #39
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Stop.... You had me with "Longhorn fan".
                    Numbers, not words, are my forte (OK, I'm also a musician). Otherwise I'd probably be a lawyer and heaven only knows how many more of them you need here.
                    Last edited by TheBYUGuy; 10-07-2009, 09:37 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...