October 2019 General Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/bemorte/status/1...762598401?s=21
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Cook with the fire hose. But among other things he just announced the budget would be divided equitably between YM and YW based on numbers of members.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Not sure what to make of some of the announced changes. Some of it seems like change for the sake of change, at least as it pertains to this administration’s fixation on vernacular.

Happy to see the Stake YM, YW, and SS presidencies disbanded. That was long overdue.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
          Cook with the fire hose. But among other things he just announced the budget would be divided equitably between YM and YW based on numbers of members.
          Sister Diddley gave a cheer when she heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
            Yeah, but he also announced the greater role of the stake level folks in activities. Unless this is accompanied by an increase in the ward budget, expect a slashing of the ward youth budgets as the stake withholds a greater portion of the ward budget allowance. But hey, it'll be equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Not sure what to make of some of the announced changes. Some of it seems like change for the sake of change, at least as it pertains to this administration’s fixation on vernacular.

Happy to see the Stake YM, YW, and SS presidencies disbanded. That was long overdue.
              Only ward YM presidencies got kicked to the curb. Stake levels are still there.

Comment

That was a little bewildering. I need a written summary.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                  Yeah, but he also announced the greater role of the stake level folks in activities. Unless this is accompanied by an increase in the ward budget, expect a slashing of the ward youth budgets as the stake withholds a greater portion of the ward budget allowance. But hey, it'll be equal.
                  Some stakes will no doubt do better jobs at dividing funds than others. This is similar to how we manage our budget in the military. Sometimes the training is collective, and sometimes separately. It takes time and experience to understand how to balance use of funds. So expect there to be a learning curve just as there likely is for those who now control the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Please share the changes.
                    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                      Please share the changes.
                      https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist...-organizations

Comment

No there's change there too. Members of the HC will function as stake YM and SS presidents.

Comment

Yeah, I heard that wrong. President will be a HC but the presidency will still exist. Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            No matter what I do, I'm going to be called the bitter apostate, so I might as well play the part.

I'll step out though, I'm probably a little too salty based in Oaks latest comments this week.
                            Look, you're kind of being a dick. That's the best reason to step out.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                              No there's change there too. Members of the HC will function as stake YM and SS presidents.
                              Right. But there will still be presidencies, so the only thing that's changed at the stake level is the number of potential candidates to serve as the SYMP and SSSP.

Comment

What it means is that perhaps now Wards will function as they were always meant to: The EQ President and Relief Society president will minister to and take care of the adult members of the Ward, allowing the Bishop (and his councilors) to focus on the youth, act as a judge in Israel, manage Ward finances and meet the welfare needs of the congregation.

Comment

Working...
                                X