Another boring Stanley Cup Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another boring Stanley Cup Playoffs

No Blackhawks = boring playoffs. It is just the truth.

Anyway, here is priority for last to first that you should be rooting for in the Stanley Cup Playoffs

16. Tie - Sharks, Isles, and Blue Jackets. These 3 teams at one point employed that piece of human garbage, Raffi Torres. The franchises all deserve a pox on them for time and all eternity.
    13. Lightning. Yzerman is done, but the team was put together primary by that Red Wing bastard. Bad things should happen to them because of this.
    12. Bruins. Boston fans are the absolute worst fans in sports. Plus, Gordon Hayward would probably like them to win it. All this means that the Bruins must be shunned.
    11. Predators. if you have to start campaigns to keep Blackhawks fans out of your arena, you deserve to never have success. The franchise is an embarrassment.
    10. Blues. Secondary rival of the Blackhawks. They deserve bad things to happen to them.
    9. Penguins. Beat the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals. They deserve bad things to happen to them.
    8. Avs. A bunch of Roy lovers that deserve to have Jeremy Roenick shove Stanley Cup rings up their asses.
    7. Habs. More Roy lovers.
    6. Tie - Maple Leafs and Flames. They are in this position because they are Canadian teams and it is funny that Canadian teams can't win the Stanley Cup
    4. Stars. Texas is a horrible place. Bad things should happen to Texas.
    3. Knights. Vegas doesn't deserve a good team this early. Also, falafel is a fan which makes them evil.
    2. Caps. An acceptable team to root for. I don't have anything really negative to say about them right now.
    1. Hurricanes. The team that everyone should be rooting for based on the very really possibility that Don Cherry's head will explode on live TV if the Canes do a post Stanley Cup victory Storm Surge. Root for the bunch of jerks.

Get this damn playoffs over with so we can get to the offseason.
    Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 04-10-2019, 01:07 PM.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

The Canes have the third highest Corsi for and the highest Corsi% Not a bad bet to win it all.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
      The Canes have the third highest CORSI for and the highest CORSI% Not a bad bet to win it all.
      Betting on teams with great puck possession is never a bad choice.
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Though I'm a Habs fan, I'm not counting on them doing anything in the playoffs.

The Jets are probably being overlooked though.
        Last edited by beefytee; 04-10-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          Though I'm a Habs fan, I'm not counting on them doing anything in the playoffs.

The Jets are probably being overlooked though.
          I would like to blame that mishap on being mildly intoxicated. I cannot. All Canadian teams are basically the same anyway.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

It's that time of year I actually pay attention to the Islanders...oh look they are up 3-0 in the first round.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              It's that time of year I actually pay attention to the Islanders...oh look they are up 3-0 in the first round.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Every victory for a former employer of Raffi Torres is a loss for humankind.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

LOL @ the Lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  LOL @ the Lightning.
                  Curse of the President’s trophy. Rarely does the team with the most points in the regular season win the Stanley Cup. It’s just how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Curse of the President’s trophy. Rarely does the team with the most points in the regular season win the Stanley Cup. It’s just how it is.

The Lightning going out in the first sound is stunning. Just a huge upset. I don't understand how that team can't put it together to win a cup.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                      The Lightning going out in the first sound is stunning. Just a huge upset. I don't understand how that team can't put it together to win a cup.
                      During the regular season TB was 11th CORSI for and 10th CORSI %. Mitigating their only slightly above average puck possession during the regular season was their incredible special teams. They were number one in power play % and in penalty kill %. During the post season their special teams when to shit. They only killed off 50% of penalties and converted on only 16.7% of their power plays, which is atrocious.

Comment

During the regular season TB was 11th CORSI for and 10th CORSI %. Mitigating their only slightly above average puck possession during the regular season was their incredible special teams. They were number one in power play % and in penalty kill %. During the post season their special teams when to shit. They only killed off 50% of penalties and converted on only 16.7% of their power plays, which is atrocious.
                        I hadn't looked at the CORSI% for them, but there is the answer and I retract that it was a stunning upset. If you are mid-level puck possession that doesn't make a you a great team. I know the Lightning teams of the past for excellent puck possession teams. Also looking at more, the Lightning were first in PDO in the NHL at 103.8, almost 2 points behind second place. So the Lightning clearly had a lot of luck during the regular season.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Yep

Comment

You're missing some really good games.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                              You're missing some really good games.
                              Who is? I have been watching hockey pretty much every night.m even though my Blackhawks are not in it. Playoff hockey is the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X