UFOs: I want to believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Stupid aliens. Smart enough to defy/overcome basic physics and travel millions of light years, but then they crash the flying saucer when they arrive.
    You need to stream the movie 65 on Netflix because it details exactly how this occurs. The spacecraft Adam Driver pilots (at least when he's not in a coma-like state) encounters uncharted asteroids causing the ship to crash land on Earth. He and another survivor have mere hours to reach an escape craft that was miraculously still functioning after the crash because the asteroid is headed to earth (tricorders have really advanced since Star Trek). The pair battle pesky insects and numerous dinosaurs before making their escape and witnessing the giant meteors impact on earth and causing the extinction of the dinosaurs - 65 million years ago. So that explains how spacecraft remains can be discovered by looney air force majors at a later time. Sorry for the movie spoilers but I have saved you 93 minutes (measured in earth years) of precious time.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Do all commissioned officers start at second lieutenant? How long does it typically take for an officer to go from second lieutenant to captain? For officers who spend their whole career in the Army, what rank do they typically end up at?
      They typically start at 2LT, but often doctors, lawyers and other professionals will direct commission to CPT. 2LT to CPT is typically 5 years (minimum 4). Career officers typically get out at LTC or COL.
      ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

They typically start at 2LT, but often doctors, lawyers and other professionals will direct commission to CPT. 2LT to CPT is typically 5 years (minimum 4). Career officers typically get out at LTC or COL.
        ​​​​
        How long was the non-captain in the Army?

Sad that he never got to honestly sing La Bamba - "Yo no soy marinero, soy capitán, soy capitán, soy capitán".
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
          You need to stream the movie 65 on Netflix because it details exactly how this occurs. The spacecraft Adam Driver pilots (at least when he's not in a coma-like state) encounters uncharted asteroids causing the ship to crash land on Earth. He and another survivor have mere hours to reach an escape craft that was miraculously still functioning after the crash because the asteroid is headed to earth (tricorders have really advanced since Star Trek). The pair battle pesky insects and numerous dinosaurs before making their escape and witnessing the giant meteors impact on earth and causing the extinction of the dinosaurs - 65 million years ago. So that explains how spacecraft remains can be discovered by looney air force majors at a later time. Sorry for the movie spoilers but I have saved you 93 minutes (measured in earth years) of precious time.
          Lol. I was going to get after you for spoilers, but now I am going to thank you. That sounds terrible.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

How long was the non-captain in the Army?

Sad that he never got to honestly sing La Bamba - "Yo no soy marinero, soy capitán, soy capitán, soy capitán".
            I'm a little fuzzy on the details because that was years ago. I didn't meet him until he was a 1LT so I don't know his history. He had some gray hair, so I think he spent time enlisted and didnt commission until later in his career, probably had to get an age waiver.

Comment

Do all commissioned officers start at second lieutenant? How long does it typically take for an officer to go from second lieutenant to captain? For officers who spend their whole career in the Army, what rank do they typically end up at?
              I made Captain at 3.5 years. There was no selection for it, just automatic like it was 2LT to 1LT at 18 months. I concur with Bo that most whose terminal rank was Major likely is a bit off. As always there are exceptions, but every Major I knew who wanted it and stayed in long enough made LTC, except 2 and they were
              “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Working...
              X