Comrade Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    stupid russian hackers? Feels like you're minimizing here. They are 12 GRU intelligence and military officers.
    The indictments Mueller puts out always present some evidence for public consumption. Since he's not going to be able to extradite these people, getting some information public would seem to be the main reason for doing this. I'm sure Trump will stick with the tried and true "Putin told me he didn't do it and I believe him" line.

Rosenstein's comment below indicates likely more to come:

"defendants "corresponded with several Americans during the course of the conspiracy through the internet."

That's getting pretty close to saying there were Americans involved in helping Russian intelligence commit cyber crimes in the US for a political/election purpose.
    Last edited by BlueK; 07-13-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Bring on President Pence! He will get that wall built.

Edit: Damnit... just more stoopid russian hackers.
      President Pence may actually be one of the few things more frightening than President Trump. We have to ride out this bastard through the next election.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        I like the timing of the indictments of twelve Putin henchmen coming shortly before Putin will be meeting with an unwitting thirteenth.
        Didn’t you hear? Trump can’t be indicted because he nominated Brett to the Supreme Court and Brett thinks presidents should be above the law so Trump won’t ever be indicted thanks to Brett.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Didn’t you hear? Trump can’t be indicted because he nominated Brett to the Supreme Court and Brett thinks presidents should be above the law so Trump won’t ever be indicted thanks to Brett.
          Yeah, I just meant he's an [unwitting, as I'm still willing to believe] thirteenth henchman, not that he'll be indicted, although wouldn't that be fun? I'm open to a constitutional argument that sitting presidents can't be indicted. I'm aware of some pretty smart constitutional lawyers who believe that (and others who don't). Bret Bair, however, wouldn't be one I'd rely on; I wonder where Hannity comes down on the issue.

Comment

Yeah, I just meant he's an [unwitting, as I'm still willing to believe] thirteenth henchman, not that he'll be indicted, although wouldn't that be fun? I'm open to a constitutional argument that sitting presidents can't be indicted. I'm aware of some pretty smart constitutional lawyers who believe that (and others who don't). Bret Bair, however, wouldn't be one I'd rely on; I wonder where Hannity comes down on the issue.
            What about Brett Kavanaugh? Or Sally Ann Kavanaugh for that matter.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What's the theory that a sitting President can't be indicted? I guess I should have boned up on my Watergate materials, but the concept that inoculates a sitting President from prosecution eludes me.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                What about Brett Kavanaugh? Or Sally Ann Kavanaugh for that matter.
                There will be a connection to Provo, Utah (or Spain) before this is all done.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  What's the theory that a sitting President can't be indicted? I guess I should have boned up on my Watergate materials, but the concept that inoculates a sitting President from prosecution eludes me.
                  Not answer (I don't have the energy), but here's a foreword to a long symposium on the issue long ago that mentions professors representing both sides of the issue. Interestingly, one of the professors who say a President can't be indicted is BYU's very own Jay Bybee, who authored the famous Bybee Memo that essentially greenlighted "enhanced interrogation techniques" for the Bush administration. That was enough to get him nominated to the Ninth Circuit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    The indictments Mueller puts out always present some evidence for public consumption. Since he's not going to be able to extradite these people, getting some information public would seem to be the main reason for doing this. I'm sure Trump will stick with the tried and true "Putin told me he didn't do it and I believe him" line.

Rosenstein's comment below indicates likely more to come:

"defendants "corresponded with several Americans during the course of the conspiracy through the internet."

That's getting pretty close to saying there were Americans involved in helping Russian intelligence commit cyber crimes in the US for a political/election purpose.
                    It was Seth Rich!

Comment

Not answer (I don't have the energy), but here's a foreword to a long symposium on the issue long ago that mentions professors representing both sides of the issue. Interestingly, one of the professors who say a President can't be indicted is BYU's very own Jay Bybee, who authored the famous Bybee Memo that essentially greenlighted "enhanced interrogation techniques" for the Bush administration. That was enough to get him nominated to the Ninth Circuit.
                      Where's the link or forward? Judge Bybee is a very decent person, even though he was derided in the press for that memo.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Didn’t you hear? Trump can’t be indicted because he nominated Brett to the Supreme Court and Brett thinks presidents should be above the law so Trump won’t ever be indicted thanks to frat-boy Brett.
                        fify

Comment

• Just to make sure we are all clear here and can avoid fake news:

Comment

• I know many of you are following this very closely, so I wonder if you can tell me if this 'hack' referred to in the indictment is in reference to the phishing of podesta's (and others) passwords and user names? Or is there some actual hacking involved?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                              Just to make sure we are all clear here and can avoid fake news:

Mueller: Congressional candidate sought stolen emails from Russian spies in 2016

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ies/783317002/

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                I know many of you are following this very closely, so I wonder if you can tell me if this 'hack' referred to in the indictment is in reference to the phishing of podesta's (and others) passwords and user names? Or is there some actual hacking involved?
                                Spear-fishing.

Per Wiki:

Phishing attempts directed at specific individuals or companies have been termed spear phishing.[9] Attackers may gather personal information about their target to increase their probability of success. This technique is by far the most successful on the Internet today, accounting for 91% of attacks.[10]
                                Real question: Does it really matter how the Russian GRU gained access to this information? Whether it was spear-fishing or "actual hacking"?
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X