No announcement yet.

The 2020 Presidential Election Primary Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm kind of skeptical about the Biden allegations. The guy has been in public office for about 40 years, including 8 as VP. No dirt (of this variety) came up on him after Gary Hart, Clarence Thomas, Bob Packwood, Bill Clinton and the dozens of other sex scandals where he played a direct or peripheral role. Not saying he hasn't crossed boundaries but it doesn't really add up for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      I'm kind of skeptical about the Biden allegations. The guy has been in public office for about 40 years, including 8 as VP. No dirt (of this variety) came up on him after Gary Hart, Clarence Thomas, Bob Packwood, Bill Clinton and the dozens of other sex scandals where he played a direct or peripheral role. Not saying he hasn't crossed boundaries but it doesn't really add up for me.
      Me too. I was also skeptical of the allegations against Kavanaugh though.

Comment

I'm kind of skeptical about the Biden allegations. The guy has been in public office for about 40 years, including 8 as VP. No dirt (of this variety) came up on him after Gary Hart, Clarence Thomas, Bob Packwood, Bill Clinton and the dozens of other sex scandals where he played a direct or peripheral role. Not saying he hasn't crossed boundaries but it doesn't really add up for me.
        I've read through and then watched a lengthy interview with her and I'm inclined to believe Biden accosted her, but I'm skeptical he went as far as she now claims. As gropey as Biden is, I think he's smart enough not to go that far in a semi-public place, and the absence of any others claiming similar treatment is somewhat telling.

Comment

• I don't understand the reasoning behind the Wisconsin GOP insisting the state not postpone the Democratic primary which now is forced to go today despite the current situation. They must think there is some kind of political advantage to themselves in forcing it to go forward, but I'm not sure what it could be.

Comment

• The politics of the pandemic are baffling.

Comment

• Everyone knows the election not being postponed a couple of months is because of the Republicans forcing it to happen today, and it appears people aren't happy about it. Maybe I"m missing something, but this seems to me to be a pretty dumb hill for the GOP to be planting their flag on in a crucially important swing state.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/2961938001/

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                Everyone knows the election not being postponed a couple of months is because of the Republicans forcing it to happen today, and it appears people aren't happy about it. Maybe I"m missing something, but this seems to me to be a pretty dumb hill for the GOP to be planting their flag on in a crucially important swing state.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/2961938001/
                frank will be here shortly to explain it all to us. Pretty sure it has something to do with Putin.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  frank will be here shortly to explain it all to us. Pretty sure it has something to do with Putin.
                  Yeah, I bet that SoB Putin created that Covid-19 bat and got the Chinese to eat it.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, it is not like Joe has a long history of this kind of behavior with other women... oh wait:

An Awkward Kiss Changed How I Saw Joe Biden

I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual fuck? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. There is a Spanish saying, “tragame tierra,” it means, “earth, swallow me whole.” I couldn’t move and I couldn’t say anything. I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me.
                    [...]
                    Time passed and pictures started to surface of Vice-President Biden getting uncomfortably close with women and young girls. Biden nuzzling the neck of the Defense secretary’s wife; Biden kissing a senator’s wife on the lips; Biden whispering in women’s ears; Biden snuggling female constituents. I saw obvious discomfort in the women’s faces, and Biden, I’m sure, never thought twice about how it made them feel. I knew I couldn’t say anything publicly about what those pictures surfaced for me; my anger and my resentment grew.

Had I never seen those pictures, I may have been able to give Biden the benefit of the doubt. Had there not been multiple articles written over the years about the exact same thing — calling his creepy behavior an “open secret” — perhaps it would feel less offensive. And yet despite the steady stream of pictures and the occasional article, Biden retained his title of America’s Favorite Uncle. On occasion that title was downgraded to America’s Creepy Uncle but that in and of itself implied a certain level of acceptance.
                    [...]
                    https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/an-aw...joe-biden.html

I guess he is creepy. I wonder what he does when the cameras are off.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      I don't understand the reasoning behind the Wisconsin GOP insisting the state not postpone the Democratic primary which now is forced to go today despite the current situation. They must think there is some kind of political advantage to themselves in forcing it to go forward, but I'm not sure what it could be.
                      Maybe they want to give Bernie's campaign a shot in the arm. His supporters seem to trend younger, and younger people are less concerned with going out in public during the pandemic (it seems to me). Biden's supporters are likely to have a higher average age and would be therefore more likely to stay home? A guess.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Yeah, it is not like Joe has a long history of this kind of behavior with other women... oh wait:

https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/an-aw...joe-biden.html

I guess he is creepy. I wonder what he does when the cameras are off.
                        Creepy, yes. But I can see why these things didn't make headlines 20 years ago. Nobody gave a crap about that kind of thing then.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• adios bernie!
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                            adios bernie!
                            I'm a little surprised. I thought he would stay in longer even without a shot at the nomination. Might be running low on funds.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I love the potential for awkward creepy Biden moments, smelling and nuzzling and such. I'm really hoping he picks a good VP. Good chance he'll be picking his replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                I love the potential for awkward creepy Biden moments, smelling and nuzzling and such. I'm really hoping he picks a good VP. Good chance he'll be picking his replacement.
                                Indeed. VP choice especially important for Biden. He will be pressed to go far left to appease Bernie supporters, but the winning pick is a solid moderate. There are a ton of people in the middle that don't want to vote for Trump but were going to be pushed to him by Bernie's radicalism.

Comment

Working...
                                X