No announcement yet.

Tent City! Tent City! Tent City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got kicked out of the group along with all the newer members. Now I have to reapply by messaging some guy and it looks like he will test my knowledge of McDermotts visions before I can enter. I don't have the time (actually it's lack of desire) to read her stuff so I guess I'm out for good.

The last thread I read was some lady posting that her animals were acting strange and her friends also were saying their animals were acting strangely...while some other friends said their animals were acting normal. I think this all meant the end was soon

Some guy commented that normally before cataclysmic events animals will act strangely. He got a lot of likes for his comment.

I'm going to miss that place
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      Really?! Weird. It's just a screen shot as the group admin had changed it's privacy setting from "closed" which requires someone to be accepted into the group before they can see anything to "secret" which I can only assume that it doesn't show up in searches or anything and likely invitation only. Off the grid, as they like to say.
      I figured out that my work blocks tapatalk. So while I can read CS from my desktop, I can't access it on my phone. Consequently, any photos uploaded by through tapatalk (and apparently hosted there) don't come through for me.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        The problem with Julie Rowe is fairly obvious.... She sells her books. She uses her website to promote her books. People that have bought her book and believe her message pay for her travel, let her stay in their home, and set up her speaking engagements so she can sell more of her books.

IF she was really a prophetess then wouldn't she just simply publish her message a PDF file that anyone could download for free? How much did Samuel the Lamanite get paid when he was delivering his message?
        On what Julie Rowe might be making off her books:

A comparable book, Visions of Glory, has most likely sold over 100,000 copies according to the following...

http://ldsmag.com/article-1-13817/

Her books and VoG have been on the Best Sellers in Mormonism list for some time. (What is up with mormons and these types of books?)

Authors make about $0.50 per book for books in this price range (SU can confirm). So it seem very possible she has made six figures off the sale of her books. And that doesn't even count what she makes from the energy healing conference calls she does for $25/head. Not bad!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

On what Julie Rowe might be making off her books:

A comparable book, Visions of Glory, has most likely sold over 100,000 copies according to the following...

http://ldsmag.com/article-1-13817/

Her books and VoG have been on the Best Sellers in Mormonism list for some time. (What is up with mormons and these types of books?)

Authors make about $0.50 per book for books in this price range (SU can confirm). So it seem very possible she has made six figures off the sale of her books. And that doesn't even count what she makes from the energy healing conference calls she does for $25/head. Not bad!
          her prophit margin will depend on who publishes the books. If she owns the publishing company (easy to do, it's a simple llc thingy) then her prophit per book could easily be as high as $7 or $8, even if she sells it on Amazon instead of directly to the public (think fireside sales). I
          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

• Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
            her prophit margin will depend on who publishes the books. If she owns the publishing company (easy to do, it's a simple llc thingy) then her prophit per book could easily be as high as $7 or $8, even if she sells it on Amazon instead of directly to the public (think fireside sales). I
            (This post reminds me of the good ole days when landpoke would post from the bar. )

It looks like she uses some mom and pop publisher out of Iceburg, ID...

http://www.springcreekbooks.com

Looks like Hector is onboard with that same publisher as well. These kind of books must be their best sellers given they are on the front page.

So if she is getting something closer to, say, $5 per book she could be sitting on a good deal of money. I wonder if she is investing that money into tents or took advantage of the recent bargain stock prices. In any case, the argument that she isn't making (much) money selling her books seems completely bogus.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

(This post reminds me of the good ole days when landpoke would post from the bar. )

It looks like she uses some mom and pop publisher out of Iceburg, ID...

http://www.springcreekbooks.com

Looks like Hector is onboard with that same publisher as well. These kind of books must be their best sellers given they are on the front page.

So if she is getting something closer to, say, $5 per book she could be sitting on a good deal of money. I wonder if she is investing that money into tents or took advantage of the recent bargain stock prices. In any case, the argument that she isn't making (much) money selling her books seems completely bogus.
              I agree completely, she's making money hand over fist, but the fact that she doesn't own the publishing company tells me she's stupid and could be making more.

If you take a manuscript to a printer, a book like her's costs $1 to $2 to print, but a publisher will double or triple the cost of that. This tells me that she is definitely a false prophit, or at least a stupid one.

ps- I was not at the bar and nor under the influence of any chemicals while posting, but that you thought I was . . . I'll take that as a compliment.

We need more landpoke!

Last edited by pellegrino; 08-25-2015, 09:14 AM.
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

• I miss my tent city updates. Curse them for locking down their Facebook page.

Comment

• Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
                  I miss my tent city updates. Curse them for locking down their Facebook page.
                  Yeah, that is really unfortunate... it made for good entertainment. Of course, we can speculate what they are talking about...

Maybe it is how CERN is planning to destroy the world: https://www.rt.com/op-edge/313922-ce...-hadron-higgs/

Of course, even the bathroom reader of Popular Mechanics would know what Hawkings really said (and what Michigan fans think about Utah): http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...erse-17192502/ The good news is if things ever did go bad then we'll all be dead pretty much in the twinkling of an eye.

Or maybe it is how Sir Isaac Newton predicted the world would end on September 23rd: http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/did-isaac...ible-prophecy/

Well, Newton did make a prediction about the world ending but not until 2060: http://publicdomainreview.org/collec...ocalypse-1733/ So we have some time yet. What Newton may have not noticed, however, is that 666 is the numerical encoding of "Nero Caesar" in Hebrew which may suggest that John was referring to his time in his Revelations: http://www.amazon.com/Revelations-Vi...dp/0143121634/

Note 666 is also the posting number for your post above. Are you the Beast?!?

Sandy.jpg
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Speaking of the tent cities and religious nuts... John Dehlin created a mormon stories podcast about one of our favorite mormon nuts fruits preppers, Julie Rowe:

http://mormonstories.org/julie-rowe-preppers/

565: Julie Rowe, Her Near Death Experience, the Mormon “Prepper” Movement, and Prophecies of Global Disaster in September 2015

Julie Rowe is an active, believing Mormon, and is the author of two books: “A Greater Tomorrow: My Journey Beyond the Veil” and “The Time is Now.” In these books, Julie details her near-death experiences, wherein she claims to have received divinely inspired visions of the past, present, and future.

Julie and her peers/followers are heavily focused on the “Latter-day” aspects of Mormonism and Christianity, with a heavy emphasis on predicting pending global disasters in the United States and abroad. Julie’s prophesies (along with those of her peers) have reportedly led upwards of 10,000+ believing Mormons to make somewhat drastic life decisions including selling their homes, selling off their 401Ks, purchasing gold, and purchasing thousands of dollars worth of “preparatory materials” (e.g., food storage, tents, trailers, guns, ammunition) for the pending global apocalypse, which is scheduled to begin in September, 2015.
                    [...]
                    One of the people Dehlin interviews is the "Zelph on the Shelf" blogger who asks LDS leaders to please make it stop...

LDS Leaders—PLEASE Stop Julie Rowe Madness

Julie Rowe is a doomsday fear-mongerer who claims to have received revelations from God that the end is near and we all need to prepare. Currently, her and her followers are under the illusion that there will be a huge economic crisis in September (the 12th, apparently), and a significant earthquake along the Wasatch Front in October.

I don’t claim to understand a lot about Julie Rowe and her followers, but I understand enough. I’ve watched her briefly describe her story in a video, while rushing through the name of Christ as she talks about him.

I understand that there are people withdrawing their 401ks because they believe the end is so near that they need to convert any “spare” money possible into gold. This does tremendous financial damage to these anxious zealots, as I’m sure you understand.

I understand that these people are essentially living in constant fear disguised as “being prepared so that we don’t need to fear”. These people are eagerly anticipating horrible things happening in the world, safe in the “knowledge” that they will be safe because they have righteously bought food storage and expensive tents and trailers and other disaster preparedness supplies.

I understand that there are people trying to learn surgeries on YouTube, practicing removing bullets from beef roast, and other things along those lines. Some are even stockpiling animal medicine for human use.
                    [...]
                    http://zelphontheshelf.com/lds-leade...-rowe-madness/

Hmm... I wonder if shooting beef roast would tenderize the meet?

The world already views mormons as being very nutty peculiar. Julie Rowe and her followers take it to record levels.
                    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 09-09-2015, 06:27 AM.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm about 90 minutes into the Hardcore History podcast "Prophets of Doom" with 16th century Tent City folks. I keep noticing similarities between old-timey crazies and our crazies.

Comment

• http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=39548

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
                        Yes - Rexburg area will be a refuge city of light (Lots of girls camp & 2 temples close) Yes - something is going to happen in September.
                        Current temples are places of refuge...also other dedicated buildings, church properties, Not everyone is going to Missouri - many called to build cities of light in other areas The economy is going to be greatly affected
                        Something will happen shortly after General Conference (October 2015)
                        Wasatch Front will be greatly affected
                        Many will be awakened
                        Denver will become the headquarters for the government after DC gets wiped out.
                        Hecter Sosa only wrote a small part of what he knows. He saw many of same things I saw. Many Utah Saints will come to Rexburg.
                        There will be many rescue missions. The spirit will tell us who.
                        Some people rescued will come with nothing.
                        Supreme Court Ruling?.....Read story of Lott and the days prior to Noah. Remember the Father loves all his children. Be careful how we judge. Be sure to love everyone. There are a lot of things about this issue we don’t understand.
                        Identity Theft - the main goal of the adversary is to confuse us so we don’t know who we are and to rob us of our Devine destiny.
                        Student loan debt - Julie has been told that either she will be able to find funds to pay off her student loans or it won’t matter.
                        Missionaries called home - is part of the plan. A wave of missionaries will officially be called home at time of the call out, some asked to stay in certain areas, some called back to other side of veil. It’s all part of the plan. We need to exercise faith and trust in the Lord. Her son received a “non typical” Patriarchal blessing.
                        People in Arizona will still need winter clothing.
                        St George will get refugees.
                        Both coasts will have foreign troops - big earthquake that splits the country starting at
                        the Gulf - will remove lots of bad people. WUMPH
                        Families gathering together? - depends on individual circumstances (preparedness and
                        righteousness, the Lord’s will etc.)

All sickness and darkness comes from the adversary. When we develop our faith, we will be healed.
                        If the Lord asks you to go somewhere......GO! There is no safer area than this area. (Idaho)
                        Don’t be afraid of the adversary. He is afraid of us because he feels threatened. He knows we have more power than he has. We have the Savior, the Priesthood, a body that he will never have. There are more of us than of them!
                        Family members who have strayed from the gospel path can often be better utilized on the other side of the veil. Some will awaken and come to camps later.
                        There will be many called to perform “rescue missions” during the period following the first call out. We need to be in tune with the spirit and do what it says. The Lord will guide these missions.
                        I pity the fool...
                        I've got room for one other family so put your request in now. Myself I'm heading to St. George, if I'm starving at least I want to be warm.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                          http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=39548

I've got room for one other family so put your request in now. Myself I'm heading to St. George, if I'm starving at least I want to be warm.
                          Student loan debt - Julie has been told that either she will be able to find funds to pay off her student loans or it won’t matter.
                          YES!!!!
                          Count me converted!
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• WUMPH? Didn't they steal that from us!?!?!

Comment

I'll be at my grandmothers house in St Anthony. Hopefully that is close enough.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

But if people in Arizona will need winter clothing will St George be warm?
                                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Working...
                                X