Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they still give out cuffies?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      The only time I was ever asked that question was when I was a priest and was asked to baptize a kid in my hood that was joining the church. Thankfully he didn't ask if I ever felt his daughter's boobs.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Do they still give out cuffies?
        If they did, I expect HB would beat out most of the competition, but Surfah would remain abreast of him as the final votes were tallied.
        sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
          If they did, I expect HB would beat out most of the competition, but Surfah would remain abreast of him as the final votes were tallied.
          I’d probably get the shaft
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              I’d probably get the shaft

Moliere showing some rare self-awareness here.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Lots of drama in LDS churches lately.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46370403&nid=148

A Layton man accused of punching a teenage boy in the face during church has been charged with felony child abuse.

Pio Pauulu, 40, was charged Thursday in 2nd District Court with child abuse, a third-degree felony, and child abuse, a class A misdemeanor.

On May 6, police say a 15-year-old boy was attending church at an LDS meetinghouse, 1625 S. 1125 West, when Pauulu called him over to where he was sitting.

He told the boy, "'Don't do that to my daughter again.' The boy told the defendant that he did not know what the defendant was talking about. The boy said the man then punched him in the jaw," according to charging documents.

The teen left the chapel and walked outside the church. Pauulu followed him "and grabbed him by the neck, strangling him," the charges state.

One witness told police that Pauulu was "holding the boy by the neck. He stated that he heard the defendant threaten to kill the boy," according to the charges.

Pauulu claimed he saw the boy make a sexual gesture toward his daughter.

"He said that he followed the boy out of the chapel, grabbed him by his tie and told the boy not to do that to his daughters. The defendant denied hitting the boy in the chapel or strangling him," the charges say.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I know there's probably no place in civil society for this, but if the boy did do something wildly inappropriate, I'd probably be okay with dropping the charges.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    I know there's probably no place in civil society for this, but if the boy did do something wildly inappropriate, I'd probably be okay with dropping the charges.
                    Even if he did, punching and chocking the kid seems a bit of an over reaction.
                    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                      Even if he did, punching and chocking the kid seems a bit of an over reaction.
                      what kind of liberal sissy bullshit is this
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• What the father did was culturally appropriate. May not be my way (gun shot from a grassy knoll) but it got the job done.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          what kind of liberal sissy bullshit is this
                          You are right, the kid should be grateful he didn’t get the Emmet Till treatment. #MAGA.
                          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• "and grabbed him by the neck, strangling him,"
                            I'm gonna say this would not qualify as ministering on the quarterly report.
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• On my mission, we had a Hawaiian elder who was a body builder. A priest in our ward was struggling, so his mom dropped him off at our apartment on P-day so we could be a good influence. About five minutes in, he called his mom on his Nokia (I was openly judging his parents for giving their son a cell phone) and demanded that she come pick him up. During the call, he said, "Why are you such a bitch?" The good Hawaiian elder calmly stood up, walked toward the boy, and broke the kid's jaw. Parents didn't press charged, but threatened to. Elder got a stern talking to, and his stake president was called. His stake president happened to be this elder's father, and after chewing out the elder on speaker, asked to speak to the elder privately, at which point he said, "Sometimes you have to teach those white boys respect."
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                                You are right, the kid should be grateful he didn’t get the Emmet Till treatment. #MAGA.
                                way too far
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X