I have a bad feeling about this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    No - we both agreed that Adam Driver was pitch perfect. He didn't like John Boyega, whom I quite liked.
    I liked John Boyega.

But the Adam Driver wearing the unnecessary mask was mind of dumb. Of course, maybe it was necessary after all.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• The only people I have heard complaining about Star Wars are the super geeks who are upset that Abrams has strayed from the canon of the expanded universe and borrowed parts without attribution. Same complaints made by the super Star Trek nerds.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• I also liked Daisy Ridley and Oscar Isaac.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• BTW, the local Larry H Miller theatre just randomly set up another screening at 10 PM -- I think they added the showing sometime in the late afternoon or early evening. The 10:15 and 10:30 showings were packed all the way to the front row, but we just went up and bought decent tickets right at 10. The lobby was an absolute zoo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            The only people I have heard complaining about Star Wars are the super geeks who are upset that Abrams has strayed from the canon of the expanded universe and borrowed parts without attribution. Same complaints made by the super Star Trek nerds.
            Not me. I liked the EU, but I won't miss it.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• I liked it a lot. It wasn't perfect, but it was a fun movie. I think it will be great to see where Episodes 8 and 9 go.
              Not that, sickos.

Comment

• The movie opened in some international markets on Wednesday. Between the those markets and the Thursday night domestic showings (which hit $57 million) the movie has made close to $130 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  I liked John Boyega.

But the Adam Driver wearing the unnecessary mask was mind of dumb. Of course, maybe it was necessary after all.
                  Spoiler for unnecessary mask:
                  I think they established that he had a Vader fixation and plus- all his underlings had helmets too. Han was right when he told him he didn't need the mask, but I think he needed it to block out the "light" and maintain his identity as a Snoke underling/Knight of Ren. When he took it off he was susceptible to influence from Han. Simplistic, but when the sun was dying down and it was literally getting darker the darkside resumed control at an inopportune time for Han. After what Rey did to him, he's probably keeping that thing on a bit more from now on.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I don't care what all of you guys say. I am not going to see it unless the guy in the bank says its worthwhile.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      I don't care what all of you guys say. I am not going to see it unless the guy in the bank says its worthwhile.
                      I've been hanging out in banks all day trying to overhear a favorable review.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• LOL

I love that.
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• I was so disappointed when he took off his mask and

Spoiler for SPOILER:
                            It was Parker Snabel

Comment

• The boy and I were laughing and high-fiving all the way through this morning. The blonde was upset a little at something that happened, but she loved it too. Mi costilla enjoyed it, and the brunette thought it was good. I liked it. It was campy at times, but watching my son watch it was worth every penny and second of investment. I felt like my dad must've felt taking me to see the original ones, and it's a singularly awesome feeling.
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Star Wars

Meh

It was better than 1,2,3

Comment

Working...
                                X