The Pac-12 participation thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac-12 alumni in the Super Bowl

Utah tied with Oregon for most players in the Super Bowl.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
      Pac-12 alumni in the Super Bowl

Paul Kruger three tackles two sacks? Holy shit.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Pac-12 alumni in the Super Bowl

LOL, none of those guys ever played in the Pac.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Which makes it even more impressive
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            A very response.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

• Our history belongs to the Pac now.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                Which makes it even more impressive
                Agreed.

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Our history belongs to the Pac now.
                Don't run from your history, embrace it.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Actually, it belongs to the U. of U. and follows wherever its owner goes.
                  ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Does the PAC get to vote on the issue?

Utah football 1960-2010
                    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post

Utah football 1960-2010
                      What's your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post

Utah football 1960-2010
                        It already did. It liked our history better than yours.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Actually, it belongs to the U. of U. and follows wherever its owner goes.
                          Like we're going anywhere.

Seems like the Sunday game wasn't such a big deal after all. I assume the jazz play on Sunday.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Like we're going anywhere.

Seems like the Sunday game wasn't such a big deal after all. I assume the jazz play on Sunday.
                            We went to the PAC-12 and our history followed us there.
                            ― W.H. Auden

Comment

We went to the PAC-12 and our history followed us there.
                              Does that mean that Keith Van Horn is no longer the all-time scoring leader in the WAC? What about Jimmer and the MWC?

Comment

• Utah football 1960-2010
                                Originally posted by Top Ute View Post
                                What's your point?
                                Only that if the PAC takes credits for the Ute's recent Superbowl players, it also takes Utah's football history. It is what it is; I offer no verdict on Utah's 50-year record.

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                                It already did. It liked our history better than yours.
                                Good point. The PAC did vote and accepted Utah. The Ute's have had a couple of decades of successful football.

As far as the PAC liking "our history bettern than yours", apparently you don't know my history or at least the team with which I affiliate (it's not BYU)

“Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                                "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Working...
                                X