LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Just removed the symbols from my last pairs of nylon mesh G's this morning. Going to be burning those bad boys tonight.
    Has anybody ever used a paper shredder for this? I've got a large amount of old Gs and when the time comes to get rid of them, I don't want to be sitting there cutting up the symbols for two hours.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
      Has anybody ever used a paper shredder for this? I've got a large amount of old Gs and when the time comes to get rid of them, I don't want to be sitting there cutting up the symbols for two hours.
      Just bring them to my fire tonight.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Ha, we are so weird. Just throw them away
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          Just removed the symbols from my last pairs of nylon mesh G's this morning. Going to be burning those bad boys tonight.
          Why remove the symbols if you’re just going to burn the remaining rags? Just burn them whole and save yourself the cutting.

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
          See above. I just save them up and then take them to a campfire situation when the opportunity presents itself.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Ha, we are so weird. Just throw them away
            Lol. Nobody is going to steal your used underwear. I agree on just throwing them away.
            "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

had an uncle that lost a ring finger that way. shredding some one piecers and just got away from him.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Why remove the symbols if you’re just going to burn the remaining rags? Just burn them whole and save yourself the cutting.

See above. I just save them up and then take them to a campfire situation when the opportunity presents itself.
                Just burning the symbols, not the rags.

Come on over, Lost Student.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Dear President Bednar,

We tracted 60 hours this week, and had three disco's. We're sure that our hard work will pay off with more discussions in the near future. We're thrusting in our sickles and laying our good works before The Lord.

The Elders in my district are letting go of the Iron Rod a little too much lately, so at our next district meeting I'm going to back over some of the basics. Things like personal hygiene and disposal of worn out garments. Some of our lazy elders are just throwing them out, and not removing the marks. Some are removing the marks, shredding them, and using the left overs as rags. Some of the better missionaries are going by the book and burning the marks, either all together or independently. Elder Pelado may be going too far by praying and reading scriptures by fire as he destroys the emblems of his allegiance. The emphasis at our meeting will be the White Bible and we'll follow more closely the inspired words of the Brethren.

Conference is coming up and I understand that you'll be speaking once more. If you need, I'll be happy to suggest some topics, or to help you write part of your talk with you. My mother tells me I'm quite the wordsmith in my letters home. If it's not too much trouble perhaps you could give a shout-out to our CS district while at the podium. If not the whole district, then just say "clack" somewhere in your talk and my parents and ward back home would be so proud.

All the best to Sister Bednar,

elder clackamascoug
                  Last edited by clackamascoug; 09-26-2018, 11:51 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                    Dear President Bednar,

We tracted 60 hours this week, and had three disco's. We're sure that our hard work will pay off with more discussions in the near future. We're thrusting in our sickles and laying our good works before The Lord.

The Elders in my district are letting go of the Iron Rod a little too much lately, so at our next district meeting I'm going to back over some of the basics. Things like personal hygiene and disposal of worn out garments. Some of our lazy elders are just throwing them out, and not removing the marks. Some are removing the marks, shredding them, and using the left overs as rags. Some of the better missionaries are going by the book and burning the marks, either all together or independently. Elder Pelado may be going too far by praying and reading scriptures by fire as he destroys the emblems of his allegiance. The emphasis at our meeting will be the White Bible and we'll follow more closely the inspired words of the Brethren.

Conference is coming up and I understand that you'll be speaking once more. If you need, I'll be happy to suggest some topics, or to help you write part of your talk with you. My mother tells me I'm quite the wordsmith in my letters home. If it's not too much trouble perhaps you could give a shout-out to our CS district while at the podium. If not the whole district, then just say "clack" somewhere in your talk and my parents and ward back home would be so proud.

All the best to Sister Bednar,

elder clackamascoug
                    I did a search in Citation Index, and there's only one "clack" reference. There's nothing for "diddley". Go figure.

Screenshot_20180927-061735.jpg

Comment

• A week or so ago I went to buy new g's, but the shelves were bare of anything remotely my size in my fabric of choice. The saleslady said that they've been out of stock for quite some time and don't know when they'll get more in. Looking online, everything is sold out. You don't suppose a conference surprise will be for them to get out of the business and to have us roll our own, do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                        A week or so ago I went to buy new g's, but the shelves were bare of anything remotely my size in my fabric of choice. The saleslady said that they've been out of stock for quite some time and don't know when they'll get more in. Looking online, everything is sold out. You don't suppose a conference surprise will be for them to get out of the business and to have us roll our own, do you?
                        Do we just wear pasties?
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                          Elder Pelado may be going too far by praying and reading scriptures by fire as he destroys the emblems of his allegiance.
                          Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Just burning the symbols, not the rags.

Come on over, Lost Student.
                          Darn. Looks like I missed out on some fun times.
                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                            A week or so ago I went to buy new g's, but the shelves were bare of anything remotely my size in my fabric of choice.
                            Yeah, I stopped by the local Deseret Book just this past Monday. I've had a dozen tops in plastic bags sitting around for a few years and thought maybe I should get some matching bottoms. The last time I went to an LDS Distribution Center, you told them what you needed and they brought it out from a back room. You can actually pick your own stuff now. They only had four of what I needed, although if I were fatter, or thinner, or willing to wear something other than 100% cotton, there would have been more available. I'm going to call and check what they have in stock before going back for the other eight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                              Yeah, I stopped by the local Deseret Book just this past Monday. I've had a dozen tops in plastic bags sitting around for a few years and thought maybe I should get some matching bottoms. The last time I went to an LDS Distribution Center, you told them what you needed and they brought it out from a back room. You can actually pick your own stuff now. They only had four of what I needed, although if I were fatter, or thinner, or willing to wear something other than 100% cotton, there would have been more available. I'm going to call and check what they have in stock before going back for the other eight.
                              Other 8?

I go three days for bottoms and two days for tops between washings. Do you do less than that? You should be more than covered with four new bottoms.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X