X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
    Adobe gives up on mobile devices:

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...#ixzz1dFLnD7Ad

I don't care (sorry, Ted, no Apple stock!) who wins the battle, I just want to be able to watch video on my mobile device without regard to battles among the Titans of Technology. Get it done, guys!
    Adobe finally realizes the error in their ways and embraces open standards so everyone (including you LA) wins!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm not convinced that html5 is the future wave that everyone is predicting, at least not in the gaming space. Initial results have been mixed as there are some real stability concerns with html5. We are a ways put before a new standard like that could be ubiquitous.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

If Adobe was smart, they would simply drop the plugin and have a flash to html5 translator.

They don't make money on the plugin anyways, they make money on the development tools.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          If Adobe was smart, they would simply drop the plugin and have a flash to html5 translator.

They don't make money on the plugin anyways, they make money on the development tools.
          That is what they have already done ... Flash is now, primarily, a game development tool—a very powerful one at that. It will further morf into a gaming development tool and no longer be used in the creation of Web sites.

As per Web site design, Adobe has a new product out, currently in beta, that creates HTML5 based animation and interactivity. It's quite impressive. I imagine by next spring they will be selling it as a part of their design suite. We already plan on teaching it as a part of next years curriculum. It's called Adobe Edge.
          Last edited by tooblue; 11-09-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Adobe finally realizes the error in their ways and embraces open standards so everyone (including you LA) wins!
            I'm fine with that. Give me something that works.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Apple delivers a strong earnings report (unlike other tech companies lately) and its stock is now only a few dollars away from making it the first trillion dollar company...

Apple is up 4% as it races to $1 trillion market cap

• Shares started trading Wednesday at $199.13.
              • Shareholders had previously been looking for a stock price of $203.45 to make Apple the first trillion-dollar company.
              • The company reported results for its fiscal third quarter that beat on earnings per share and revenue from the growing software and services segment.

Apple is jumping Wednesday after a strong third-quarter report, opening more than 4 percent up and inching the stock toward a $1 trillion market value.
              [...]
              As of Wednesday's open, Apple has gained 17 percent in 2018 and more than 30 percent in the last 12 months.
              https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/01/appl...arket-cap.html

Buy, buy, buy!
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I don't really want to brag about my financial acumen, but I own four shares of AAPL

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                  I don't really want to brag about my financial acumen, but I own four shares of AAPL

I own 20 times more than you...and some of it I bought for $96/share...but unfortunately I own a whole lot more stock of the ocmpnay I work for, which hasn't had a stellar week
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

https://9to5mac.com/2018/08/02/apple...wn-stocks-app/
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Inside Apple’s 20-Year March to $1 Trillion From the Brink of Bankruptcy

In 1997, Apple was on the ropes. The Silicon Valley pioneer was being decimated by Microsoft and its many partners in the personal-computer market. It had just cut a third of its work force, and it was about 90 days from going broke, Apple’s late co-founder, Steve Jobs, later said.

On Thursday, Apple became worth more than $1 trillion when its shares briefly climbed to $207.05, 2 days after the company announced the latest in a series of remarkably profitable quarters.

Apple’s ascent from the brink of bankruptcy to the world’s most valuable company has been a business tour de force, marked by rapid innovation, a series of smash-hit products and the creation of a sophisticated, globe-spanning supply chain that keeps costs down while producing enormous volumes of cutting-edge devices.
                      [...]
                      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/02/t...gtype=Homepage
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Apple will no longer tell you how many iPhones they sold...which seems odd for a company who's earnings are largely made up of selling iPhones

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/02/appl...y-reports.html

The company on Thursday posted a huge jump in average selling price for its flagship iPhone, nudging Apple to record revenue and earnings figures. But Apple said the company will stop reporting individual unit sales for the iPhone, iPad and Mac starting next quarter.

Top Wall Street analysts dissed the move. One called it a "tough pill to swallow" and another said it could fuel "fears the company has something to hide." Bank of America Merrill Lynch downgraded the stock citing increased risk.
                        This was probably going to happen eventually given the trend to grow the service side of company, but doing it now looks bad...obviously the market thinks so.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Apple will no longer tell you how many iPhones they sold...which seems odd for a company who's earnings are largely made up of selling iPhones

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/02/appl...y-reports.html

This was probably going to happen eventually given the trend to grow the service side of company, but doing it now looks bad...obviously the market thinks so.
                          They just don't want you to know how much they are making on services now.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

They just don't want you to know how much they are making on services now.
                            Um, they'll still report the earnings side of the segments, just not the unit numbers. It is crazy that the iPhone makes up about 60% of total revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Um, they'll still report the earnings side of the segments, just not the unit numbers. It is crazy that the iPhone makes up about 60% of total revenue.
                              Who wants to know that apple is not selling that many Macs anymore?
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Who wants to know that apple is not selling that many Macs anymore?
                                Why buy a Mac when a chromebook will do

Comment

Working...
                                X