Worst week 1 loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst week 1 loss?

Which situation would you think was the worst if you were a fan of that team?
    Kansas 3 North Dakota State 6, Turner Gill's first game
    41.86%
    Ole Miss 48 Jacksonville State 49, hyped transfer flops
    16.28%
    New Mexico 0 Oregon 72, why play the rest of the season
    41.86%
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

New Mexico
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
      New Mexico
      Wait for the poll jerk face! I can't help I'm slow.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Which situation would you think was the worst if you were a fan of that team?
        UNC is in a world of hurt right now. The fallout is going to be ugly I think.

Kansas. You fire Mangino and are rewarded with a piss poor effort against North Dakota State.

Next has to be New Mexico. What a disaster that program has been. Man they miss Rocky Long. Maybe he saw what was coming and knew when to get out of Dodge.

And finally, Ole Miss. They get Masoli cleared and they lose to Jax State. That's sweet.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

I said Ole Miss because they had the highest expectations coming into the season. They probably also have the best talent and most-hyped head coach.

With Kansas, you have big questions on offense with a new head coach. With New Mexico, you went 1-11 last season and faced the defending PAC-10 champs.

Turner Gill has to be sure he doesn't emulate Dan Hawkins at CU: lose your opening game to a FCS school and lifelessly limp along.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Doh. Didn't know there was a poll.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Where's OK-Utah State?
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Doh. Didn't know there was a poll.
                You should've waited Jerk face!
                "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                  You should've waited Jerk face!
                  I can't help Husky's slow.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

I voted for Kansas, mainly because we're talking about allowing only six points to an FCS team and still losing the ball game. I mean everybody knew that Kansas was going to struggle this year, but talk about a kick in the balls before you even have a chance to get your guard up. That just hurts.
                    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                      Turner Gill has to be sure he doesn't emulate Dan Hawkins at CU: lose your opening game to a FCS school and lifelessly limp along.
                      Sometime Friday or early Saturday, I thought the exact same thing. I've been a big Turner Gill fan since he single-handedly put life into the UB program, but this is the kind of loss fans might never forgive him for.

Comment

Working...
                      X