• Show
Clear All

• bowl projections

My projections in order of how the bowls pick

Mnc: fla v (ex
    Rose bowlhiost v oregon
    Sugar selects Bama
    Fiesta selects ok state
    Orange selects penn st to play ga tech (auto bid)
    Sugar selects tcu
    Fiesta is forced to take cincinatti

Poinsettia is byu v boise st
    Veg is utah v oregon st
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post

Rose bowlhiost v oregon
    Sugar selects Bama
    Fiesta selects ok state
    Sugar selects tcu

Veg is utah v oregon st
    The Vegas would be a good bowl, I am not thrilled about a BYU/BSU matchup. BSU would be amped to make up for last years bowl loss to the MWC and that they were more deserving than TCU. BYU would show up uninspired and flat.

SU might explode if TCU rolls Alabama in the SUGAR BOWL. What if TCU beats Bama by a worse score? Does that make them the best MWC team of all time? Does it make 2009 TCU the greatest accomplishment in the state of Utah's entire sporting history?

I think the Sugar would pass on TCU, and take Cincy. TCU would go to the Fiesta, and if Stanford wins out Fiesta is Stanford/TCU.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

How bad would it suck to be Bama and have to play two MWC teams in a row? I don't think that would bode well for the MWC--they're not going to overlook the conference again. I still think TCU could beat them, but it wouldn't be a blowout.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        The Vegas would be a good bowl, I am not thrilled about a BYU/BSU matchup. BSU would be amped to make up for last years bowl loss to the MWC and that they were more deserving than TCU. BYU would show up uninspired and flat.

SU might explode if TCU rolls Alabama in the SUGAR BOWL. What if TCU beats Bama by a worse score? Does that make them the best MWC team of all time? Does it make 2009 TCU the greatest accomplishment in the state of Utah's entire sporting history?

I think the Sugar would pass on TCU, and take Cincy. TCU would go to the Fiesta, and if Stanford wins out Fiesta is Stanford/TCU.
        Why would the sugar bowl pass on tcu in favor of cincy? its not like cincy travels better than tcu.
        "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Why would the sugar bowl pass on tcu in favor of cincy? its not like cincy travels better than tcu.
          A few thoughts I had

TCU closes with games of no national interest, so the hype of last night and today will be long gone. Meanwhile Cincy closes with a game vs. top 10 Pitt. Cincy will have the "team left out" hype going into bowl selection.

The SEC has long had a relationship with the SUGAR BOWL, especially Alabama (They have won at least 2 NCs at that bowl). I could see the SEC asking to not play another non-AQ team again.

It would seem to be Fiesta's "turn" to host the buster. SUGAR has had the last two.

Cincy would likely travel to New O better than Arizona.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Rose bowlhiost v oregon
            Sugar selects Bama
            Fiesta selects ok state
            Sugar selects tcu

Veg is utah v oregon st
            i think that boise state will get the at large before penn state. also, it could be the orange bowl that selects a non-bcs team like tcu or boise state to play georgia tech.

Comment

I thought that the Big East and ACC champs were automatically assigned to the Orange? Which would be the Cincy/Pitt winner vs. the GA Tech/Clemson winner. The exceptions are when the bowl loses a tie-in to the title game, or a tie-in isn't top 16 and a little guy is, and in those instances there is a designated picking order amongst the at-large pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                I thought that the Big East and ACC champs were automatically assigned to the Orange? Which would be the Cincy/Pitt winner vs. the GA Tech/Clemson winner. The exceptions are when the bowl loses a tie-in to the title game, or a tie-in isn't top 16 and a little guy is, and in those instances there is a designated picking order amongst the at-large pool.
                i think the big east is strange in that it is an automatic qualifier but it no longer has a direct tie-in for it's conference champion.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                  i think the big east is strange in that it is an automatic qualifier but it no longer has a direct tie-in for it's conference champion.
                  The Orange and Big East are no longer affiliated? I was unaware of that.

Comment

i don't think that it ever did. But, i haven't followed the big east pre-1999ish, so i'm unsure. I do know that in 1997 Syracuse won the big east and played in the Fiesta Bowl, and in 1998 it won the conference and played in the Orange Bowl, which was, I believe, the first year of the BCS...

Most big east football members were independent prior to the early 1980's, so I don't know if there was an orange bowl tie-in earlier than the 1999ish time frame.

Comment

Rose bowlhiost v oregon
                      Sugar selects Bama
                      Fiesta selects ok state
                      Sugar selects tcu

Veg is utah v oregon st
                      I think alabama will beat florida otherwise you have it pretty close to what I see
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        I think alabama will beat florida otherwise you have it pretty close to what I see
                        Agreed. These haven't been the same Gators who won their first 11 games last year by an average score of 46-12, with essentially the same schedule. (On this same weekend a year ago, they beat 7-3 South Carolina 56-6).

Comment

The acc is the direct to the orange bowl. As for the fiesta there is now way in hell they take boise before penn st. If they did that the orange would assuredly take penn st and the fiesta would be left with either cincy or tcu.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
                            i don't think that it ever did. But, i haven't followed the big east pre-1999ish, so i'm unsure. I do know that in 1997 Syracuse won the big east and played in the Fiesta Bowl, and in 1998 it won the conference and played in the Orange Bowl, which was, I believe, the first year of the BCS...

Most big east football members were independent prior to the early 1980's, so I don't know if there was an orange bowl tie-in earlier than the 1999ish time frame.
                            the orange bowl was traditionally the bowl of the big 8

Comment

Working...
                            X