Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best college football stadiums: Ranking the NCAA gridiron's premier venues - Sportsnaut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best college football stadiums: Ranking the NCAA gridiron's premier venues - Sportsnaut

Best college football stadiums: Ranking the NCAA gridiron's premier venues Sportsnaut

More...

Lavell Edwards comes in at no. 20, okay cool, but then Albertson's parking lot BSU garbage smurf turf stadium is no. 17? Ahead of Camp Randall and Nebraska's Memorial Stadium?

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Lavell Edwards comes in at no. 20, okay cool, but then Albertson's parking lot BSU garbage smurf turf stadium is no. 17? Ahead of Camp Randall and Nebraska's Memorial Stadium?

In addition to the Smurf Turf travesty, Colorado's Folsom Field is not deserving of being ranked. Boulder is a fun town, but it is not a football town and its fans are among the worst in college football. BYU is the obvious choice if one wants to attend a football game with a mountainous backdrop - cannot think of any other reason why Folsom would make that list other than its mountains. If I had to pick an alternate mountainous setting for college football other than Provo, I'd rather watch a game in Rice Eccles than in Folsom Field...and that's saying something.
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post

In addition to the Smurf Turf travesty, Colorado's Folsom Field is not deserving of being ranked. Boulder is a fun town, but it is not a football town and its fans are among the worst in college football. BYU is the obvious choice if one wants to attend a football game with a mountainous backdrop - cannot think of any other reason why Folsom would make that list other than its mountains. If I had to pick an alternate mountainous setting for college football other than Provo, I'd rather watch a game in Rice Eccles than in Folsom Field...and that's saying something.
        U of Colorado still has a football program?
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post

I do kind of laugh when people list RES as having a great backdrop. You mean those glorified foothills up the street? Then they post a photo of the stadium with camera trickery that makes Mt Olympus look like it's a mile away.

Comment

Well, Mt. Olympus is probably 27 miles away. Mt. Timpanogos is much closer to LES though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              Well, Mt. Olympus is probably 27 miles away. Mt. Timpanogos is much closer to LES though.
              According to google maps, Mt Olympus is about 9 miles from RES, while Timp is about 12 miles from LES (as the crow flies).
              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Mountain smack. Nothing is too petty for us to argue over.

Comment

theyspeers-900x416.png

How about the block letters on the mountain? Ours is bigger.

Comment

timp isn't even the right mountain to reference dummies
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

There's no way Timp is further away than Mt. Olympus.

Edit. Now I see that Sully was talking about RES, which didn't even make the top 20 best stadium environments in the nation!
                      Last edited by falafel; 06-10-2021, 10:09 AM.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        There's no way Timp is further away than Mt. Olympus.

Edit. Now I see that Sully was talking about RES, which didn't even make the top 20 best stadium environments in the nation!
                        Yeah, I misread USUC's post and thought he was talking about LES, not RES and had made a mistake in the name of the mountain. Sorry, USUC - I was dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

Yeah, I misread USUC's post and thought he was talking about LES, not RES and had made a mistake in the name of the mountain. Sorry, USUC - I was dumb.
                          No, the only dummies are the people that think RES has a beautiful backdrop. Maybe if you are sitting in the northwest corner and look put to the greener mountains in the distance to the south. But otherwise you are looking at brown weed covered foothills with the occasional oak brush.

Comment

Working...
                          X