Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/SportyMcSports/s...850907648?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• So what are the real chances we add another game? Being that CFP chances are almost nil, I am sympathetic to the argument that we should just try to win out with the two games we have and take the likely NY6 invite that would result. Adding a game would only make that path a little harder.

However, if some things fall our way in the P5 conferences, it would be hard to not hope for an additional game on December 18 or 19. If Liberty finishes undefeated, they would have given a highly rated coastal carolina their first loss and own two power 5 wins, one at Blacksburg. They would also likely be outside the NY6 looking in due to us being ahead of them for an at large spot so they would have a incentive to play. And tbey would be open on that date because they are independent.
      Last edited by Omaha 680; 11-09-2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• I would enjoy getting that Army game back on the schedule. They seem to be open on 11/28 and 12/5. Also, Marshall appears to have 11/28 open.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• I'd be open to adding one or two ranked opponents. I think Holmoe might have or be working on some agreement with the Pac12 that if a team loses an opponent because of Covid, that BYU could jump in.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            I'd be open to adding one or two ranked opponents. I think Holmoe might have or be working on some agreement with the Pac12 that if a team loses an opponent because of Covid, that BYU could jump in.

Have you heard that anywhere or just assuming? B/c I would think that the PAC12 is on lockdown and there's no way they would let any outside games happen. It would be awesome if we could play UW, USC, or Utah (not Oregon because that's who we'll play in the Fiesta). I still remember how depressing it was losing to Utah in 2004, not only for how badly they kicked our butts but also knowing at the time that we were their last obstacle to a BCS bowl game. It's about time to return the favor.
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
              Have you heard that anywhere or just assuming? B/c I would think that the PAC12 is on lockdown and there's no way they would let any outside games happen. It would be awesome if we could play UW, USC, or Utah (not Oregon because that's who we'll play in the Fiesta). I still remember how depressing it was losing to Utah in 2004, not only for how badly they kicked our butts but also knowing at the time that we were their last obstacle to a BCS bowl game. It's about time to return the favor.
              I heard him say something a couple weeks ago that led me to think that. It could be beneficial for a Pac team that otherwise wouldn't have enough games to qualify for the playoff.

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

• BYU Athletics is looking at a 20M shortfall.

Comment

• Any fan who watches that and doesn't get the feels has no heart.

I am all in.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• How much does a NY6 bowl game pay?
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      How much does a NY6 bowl game pay?
                      For the Power 5 its $4 Million + travel expenses for each team they send to the NY6. The payout for CFP teams is slightly higher. Not sure how that would work for BYU who is outside the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Any fan who watches that and doesn't get the feels has no heart.

I am all in.
                        The last speaker did it for me.

I am all in.

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

• https://twitter.com/jlinehan9/status...595995136?s=19

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            For the Power 5 its $4 Million + travel expenses for each team they send to the NY6. The payout for CFP teams is slightly higher. Not sure how that would work for BYU who is outside the system.
                            It will likely be less because of lost ticket sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Lol someone actually spent time to code for the possibility that a donation for over a billion would be entered.
                              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

The last speaker did it for me.

I am all in.

+1

All in!

Comment

Working...
                                X