No announcement yet.

"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU would not be no. 23 on composite based on those three three star recruits however you spin it. So maybe the explanation is that Igor is counted because, per your information, he's counted on other sites.

But my only point is only this: Maybe BYU is the new Oregon. But we have yet to see evidence of the assumetry its propaganda machine--both official and professional and issued by its cult following--is touting. One thing we've learned, in any context nowadays a snapshot in time may mean nothing about what's to transpire in coming years.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Cult following. Lol.

SU, I am very happy for you that Utah was able to retain your basketball coach.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Cult following. Lol.

SU, I am very happy for you that Utah was able to retain your basketball coach.
        One track mind. This discussion is about BYU, not Utah. But I'm satisided with Utah's coach.

I've always admired Pope. And I understand fully how hard it is to coach college basketball in the state of Utah. But he didn't really put BYU on the national stage. I think Oregon would not have lost him.

Jury is 100 percent out on your new coach. He'd have been too risky for my comfort. I like proven head coaching success and that's all I'd hire, But BYU has constraints. Coach Young has never been a head coach in college basketball. He briefly coached in the NBA minor leagues and didn't set it on fire.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          Jury is 100 percent out on your new coach. He'd have been too risky for my comfort. I like proven head coaching success and that's all I'd hire, But BYU has constraints. Coach Young has never been a head coach in college basketball. He briefly coached in the NBA minor leagues and didn't set it on fire.
          This I agree with. No guarantees he will be good and this may all last just one season. However, as a lifelong fan this feels like a dream. Even if it doesn’t work, it’s a ton of fun believing it might.

I also agree about Pope and I think most would. In one year in the Big 12 he made byu hoops a legit destination. I’m glad he got his dream job. I’m also glad we’ve got a guy who might take us places we’ve never been.

Comment

One track mind. This discussion is about BYU, not Utah. But I'm satisided with Utah's coach.

I've always admired Pope. And I understand fully how hard it is to coach college basketball in the state of Utah. But he didn't really put BYU on the national stage. I think Oregon would not have lost him.

In that case, the Eagles of Oxford College of Emory University is wondering who was actually coaching their team back in 2005!
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• I like the name. Coach Young. It's a good fit.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I like the name. Coach Young. It's a good fit.

Comment

• Comment

• https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2024/...ransfer-portal

This article seems to confirm that Egor Demin cannot have figured into the overall recruiting rankings.

If BYU were to land Catchings, he would be the highest rated recruit in program history according to 247’s composite rankings (unless Egor Demin gets a rating).

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                      https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2024/...ransfer-portal

This article seems to confirm that Egor Demin cannot have figured into the overall recruiting rankings.
                      Maybe you're both wrong. Why is this propagandizer any authority?

How on earth could BYU have a no. 23 ranking for HS recruits with only two three stars? You haven't explained that.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Maybe you're both wrong. Why is this propagandizer any authority?

How on earth could BYU have a no. 23 ranking for HS recruits with only two three stars? You haven't explained that.
                        How can one figure into a math formula without numbers? You haven’t explained that.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                          X