Independent Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Exactly. Check out the replies. What an insanely stupid tweet.
    I liked this response:

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

I liked this response:

Wilner is a homeless man's Skip Bayless- a blowhard troll. Can't stand the dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

Wilner is a homeless man's Skip Bayless- a blowhard troll. Can't stand the dude.
        He's either laute, or laute's brother.

Edit: I'm a little sad about not playing USU. I've liked that series and the tradition.
        Last edited by myboynoah; 05-12-2022, 05:20 PM.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• 3 of the last 7 was a convenient way to not have to say 3 of the last 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

He's either laute, or laute's brother.

Edit: I'm a little sad about not playing USU. I've liked that series and the tradition.
            I regret not playing usu. especially since we’ve traded up for sdsu and northern Illinois.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post

I regret not playing usu. especially since we’ve traded up for sdsu and northern Illinois.
              Regional rivalries are important and losing them is the worst part of realignment. I would love to play Utah, Utah State, and Boise State every year but obviously not possible at this point. I would be happy to play Utah every year and alternate Utah State and Boise State though. One of the three should always be on the schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Regional rivalries are important and losing them is the worst part of realignment. I would love to play Utah, Utah State, and Boise State every year but obviously not possible at this point. I would be happy to play Utah every year and alternate Utah State and Boise State though. One of the three should always be on the schedule.
                Namely, Utah
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Given a 9 game conference slate, you can only have 1 protected game and that should go to Utah. If, after OU and Texas leave, the conference goes to 8 games then I wouldn't mind seeing Boise and USU alternate.

Comment

• Tennessee cancels 2023 game in Provo. Reportedly a $2MM buyout.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                      Tennessee cancels 2023 game in Provo. Reportedly a $2MM buyout.
                      Boo.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Tennessee cancels 2023 game in Provo. Reportedly a $2MM buyout.
                        This sucks. BYU just canceled 2023 games and now Tennessee backs out? Is there anyone in the FBS even available now?

Comment

• Maybe the thread title should be changed since 2023 is no longer independent. Dependent Scheduling Rumors?

Comment

• Didn't BYU already dump a bunch of those 2023 games? Does this leave a hole in the schedule, or do the Cougars still have a full slate of games due to joining a conference?
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• It leaves a hole.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

It leaves a hole.
                                There's a hole in the schedule, dear Liza, dear Liza. There's a hole in the schedule, dear Liza, a hole.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X