Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independent Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Independent Scheduling rumors

    All right everyone, since there have been threads about Pac10 invitation rumors, and a thread dedicated to invitation to Big12 rumors, and even a thread on Independence rumors, I'd like to start a thread with rumors on who might potential be on BYU's indy schedule.

    I like that we've added UCF (not a tough opponent but good exposure in a recruit-rich state). And I've heard rumors about possibly adding Texas Tech and Clemson (but those rumors came from CougarBoard). Anyone one else hearing anything good?

  • #2
    I like our easy schedule next year. It won't win us any BCS invites because we don't play anybody. What it does is set us up for the following year--2012. By then, we'll have a winning streak and no one will remember who we played the year before to get us that winning streak.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      I like our easy schedule next year. It won't win us any BCS invites because we don't play anybody. What it does is set us up for the following year--2012. By then, we'll have a winning streak and no one will remember who we played the year before to get us that winning streak.
      Oregon State, Utah, and Texas aren't going to be easy. But you're right. We could still win 10 games and set us up nicely for 2012.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Wait... I thought Independence meant nobody liked us.

        Comment


        • #5
          Any other rumors coming down the pipe?

          So far we have
          Oregon State
          Texas
          UCF
          Utah State
          Utah
          5 WAC games

          That leaves 2 spots to fill, correct?
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
            Wait... I thought Independence meant nobody liked us.
            It does, but that doesn't mean folks here shouldn't talk about potential future schedules.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Any other rumors coming down the pipe?

              So far we have
              Oregon State
              Texas
              UCF
              Utah State
              Utah
              5 WAC games

              That leaves 2 spots to fill, correct?
              Possibly 3 more spots.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                Wait... I thought Independence meant nobody liked us.
                Actually, I think the opposite. I think nobody really hates the independents (Goat may disagree).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  Actually, I think the opposite. I think nobody really hates the independents (Goat may disagree).
                  Plenty of people hate ND.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Has the Utah game next year been confirmed or is it just speculation? I still have a hard time seeing Utah make the trip to Provo if they are also on the road to Boise and Pitt for their non conference games.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                      Has the Utah game next year been confirmed or is it just speculation? I still have a hard time seeing Utah make the trip to Provo if they are also on the road to Boise and Pitt for their non conference games.
                      I don't think the particulars have been confirmed. I heard from a pretty reliable source at the Utah/Pitt game that Chris Hill had sent the paperwork for a 5 year/game deal earlier that day. I have no idea, if the contract is signed, where the first game will be scheduled.
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                      "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I heard Fordham might take a 1 and 1 with us.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hostile View Post
                          I don't think the particulars have been confirmed. I heard from a pretty reliable source at the Utah/Pitt game that Chris Hill had sent the paperwork for a 5 year/game deal earlier that day. I have no idea, if the contract is signed, where the first game will be scheduled.
                          I heard from reliable sources about that as well but they didn't say when it would start though. I just don't see Utah playing 7 games on the road and only 5 at home next year. Plus that schedule would be brutal. As I understand it, Utah is still playing on the road at Boise and at Pitt.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                            I heard from reliable sources about that as well but they didn't say when it would start though. I just don't see Utah playing 7 games on the road and only 5 at home next year. Plus that schedule would be brutal. As I understand it, Utah is still playing on the road at Boise and at Pitt.
                            If it's 5 games, who gets the 3 home games?

                            If Hill signed a 2 home/3 at BYU deal I'll hang him in effigy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                              I heard from reliable sources about that as well but they didn't say when it would start though. I just don't see Utah playing 7 games on the road and only 5 at home next year. Plus that schedule would be brutal. As I understand it, Utah is still playing on the road at Boise and at Pitt.
                              I guess Utah could argue that since it's a new contract they don't need to be bound by the previous contract about who's turn it is for the home game (I can't see BYU agreeing with this).
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                              "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X