X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of former players on Twitter upset about Clark being gone:

Masen Wake
    Moroni Laulu-Pututau
    That Heimuli kid (can't remember his name).

Then other people claiming that Clark was not fired but decided to leave football and pursue other things. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Haha. You again saying this again after a loss. So predictable. It's not controversial, but it is dumb. Two questions for you and the fire kalani crowd if you dare to answer actual reality instead of just flinging your own feces around:

1. What was your expected record in our first season in the Big 12 and did we underperform those expectations?

2. If you want to fire Kalani please give me a list of potential replacements that would want the job, would be an acceptable hire to BYU, and would be potentially better than KS.

I get as frustrated with some of Kalani's tendencies and decisions as anyone and the depth absolutely has to get better. But your complaining always fails to recognize the overlapping space of the Venn Diagram in (2) above is extremely small and sometimes non existent.
      I think the big 12 schedule talk is just an excuse. this dude was getting blown out by liberty in year 7. The teams have regualrly shown up completely unprepared to opponents with vastly lower skills. He did in year 1/2 and does in year 7/8. no improvement

Our next coach just might be bad enough to lose to UMASS, Liberty, ECu a few times, need I go on?

Most competent programs fire him in 2017 and he has shown no improvement since in terms of organization and discipline. Every year we have a big losing streak since he loses the team.

Who else? meh. who else is going to fake punt from their own endzone and sound as clueless as a madden player when talking about football? where else are we going to find someone who is still clueless 8 years into the job

Who else I think is a bad reason. He was a terrible DC whn hired. there a a few non terrible LDS coordinators.mayb byu gets with it someday and realizes a good football program is the best missionary tool and doesnt handicap the coach hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        Lots of former players on Twitter upset about Clark being gone:

Masen Wake
        Moroni Laulu-Pututau

Then other people claiming that Clark was not fired but decided to leave football and pursue other things. Interesting.
        Perhaps the new OL coach wants to bring in his own TE coach and a good OL coach is much more important than a TE coach.

Comment

• or we go for a qb coach, probably need it

Comment

• Listening to Jake Hatch on Locked on Cougars he said that this past season BYU had three full-time recruiters. Guess how many Utah State had? Four. This is the issue that I see holding us back even 10 years from now. Didn't our independent deal with ESPN bring in more money than the MWC TV deal? Our issue isn't even money. It's getting the people at the top to even care about our sports programs. I'm not saying that we need to become like Alabama or Texas A&M, but our past history shows that we lag behind "lesser" programs in athletic spending and I just don't see that changing even with the B12 money.
            "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react." - Charles Swindoll

Comment

• As the B12 money comes rolling in, I am confident that back office will be staffed.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                Lots of former players on Twitter upset about Clark being gone:

Masen Wake
                Moroni Laulu-Pututau

his son made a long post on CB - if that's his son (and if you read the post it was pretty heartfelt and specific - no reason not to believe it), he was definitely fired.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

his son made a long post on CB - if that's his son (and if you read the post it was pretty heartfelt and specific - no reason not to believe it), he was definitely fired.
                  https://twitter.com/laulu_1/status/1729538800744042831

Moroni Laulu-Pututau must read CB, that post wasn't up long.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                    The other issue is that the NCAA has to figure out substitutions. The current rule isn’t working. Defensive players are strolling off the field eating up the play clock. Just saw Tennessee do it against Georgia too. It isn’t just Oklahoma.
                    Bump

Texas has their players in place with about 23 seconds left. The ref's let ok st have one guy jog on. Once he gets there another guys jogs slowly off. Texas gets a delay of game. Not good for the game at all.

Comment

• kalani going after the lowest hanging fruit yet again? we need new leadership

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                        kalani going after the lowest hanging fruit yet again? we need new leadership
                        If he's coming as O line coach, I got no problem with that. He was successful his other 2 stints and seemed to impact the program as a whole.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

If he's coming as O line coach, I got no problem with that. He was successful his other 2 stints and seemed to impact the program as a whole.
                          Did some news break I don't know about?

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

Did some news break I don't know about?
                            I haven’t seen any official channels or news reporter yet. But several on social media are reporting it as a done deal.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post

I haven’t seen any official channels or news reporter yet. But several on social media are reporting it as a done deal.
                              I'm fine with it as long as any potential awkwardness and ego issues don't cause problems.

Comment

• What are we talking about?
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X