Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 BYU Football:The First Year of The Quorum of the BIG12

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sometimes I feel like sitake feels guilty having a nice lead. It's not classy or loving. So, he goes full blown conservative. So weird.

    Comment


    • Sitake needs to go . that much is clear.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        Sitake needs to go . that much is clear.
        Possibly. Still not quite there. BUT we need to put WAY more money and effort into recruiting. We have bad depth

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          Sitake needs to go . that much is clear.
          I didn’t see most of the game , or many BYU games this year. But this seems like a rash, emotional response. You just took a team that is going to the CCG to double OT on their field in a raging storm. You were favored to lose by 16 points. It seems in this game at least, you over-acheived.

          From an outsiders perspective, this season seems about what should be expected for the first year in the Big12. It was a big step up in strength of schedule. How you got there might not be satisfying, but big picture I think it would be a mistake to get rid of Kalani.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

            I didn’t see most of the game , or many BYU games this year. But this seems like a rash, emotional response. You just took a team that is going to the CCG to double OT on their field in a raging storm. You were favored to lose by 16 points. It seems in this game at least, you over-acheived.

            From an outsiders perspective, this season seems about what should be expected for the first year in the Big12. It was a big step up in strength of schedule. How you got there might not be satisfying, but big picture I think it would be a mistake to get rid of Kalani.
            Agreed. It takes time to build a program once you move up a level.

            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

              I didn’t see most of the game , or many BYU games this year. But this seems like a rash, emotional response. You just took a team that is going to the CCG to double OT on their field in a raging storm. You were favored to lose by 16 points. It seems in this game at least, you over-acheived.

              From an outsiders perspective, this season seems about what should be expected for the first year in the Big12. It was a big step up in strength of schedule. How you got there might not be satisfying, but big picture I think it would be a mistake to get rid of Kalani.
              This is right.

              I said at the beginning of the season that going bowling would be a successful season and falling short of that would be an unsuccessful season. We fell short, unfortunately—and we had two good shots to make it. We need to get better than this. But it’s not time to fire any head coach or coordinator yet.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                Sitake needs to go . that much is clear.
                Crazy talk.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                  Sitake needs to go . that much is clear.
                  lol. Over reaction much?
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                  "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                  Comment


                  • Is it time to get out the Extend Kalani shirt again?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      Retzlaff is a cute story, but he's really not a great D1 QB
                      Another cute story. When I was in little league, I talked the coach into letting me pitch, because I could throw pretty hard. After I walked the first 5-6 guys, it was no longer a secret that I wasn't very accurate. Retzlaff's secret is also out of the bag.
                      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Sometimes I feel like sitake feels guilty having a nice lead. It's not classy or loving. So, he goes full blown conservative. So weird.
                        I said basically the same thing in the Reddit game thread. This lack of a killer instict is going to hinder Sitake and the BYU football program from being even somewhat successful in the B12. For anyone who as read the WOT, this is like Rand's inability to kill women. It's flaw and a glaring one that must be overcome.
                        "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react." - Charles Swindoll

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

                          lol. Over reaction much?
                          It is an over reaction at this point, but if there was a legitimate LDS candidate, then I'd start calling for him after next season if I don't see improvement. Sadly, baring a major Honor Code fiasco, Sitake is going to keep his job for as long as he wants it. There's just no one else.
                          "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react." - Charles Swindoll

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by byufan4ever View Post

                            It is an over reaction at this point, but if there was a legitimate LDS candidate, then I'd start calling for him after next season if I don't see improvement. Sadly, baring a major Honor Code fiasco, Sitake is going to keep his job for as long as he wants it. There's just no one else.
                            BYU social media is a pretty disgusting place tonight. I don't think many want to admit just how far behind BYU is in resources to those they are now competing with. I don't know if Sitake is a bad coach, but I know it's insane to think that BYU should be competing for conference titles when our budget and resources are miniscule compared to legacy P5 teams. Let's see when these catch up in 3 years or so. I don't suspect much more than 6 wins next year either.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by USUC View Post

                              BYU social media is a pretty disgusting place tonight. I don't think many want to admit just how far behind BYU is in resources to those they are now competing with. I don't know if Sitake is a bad coach, but I know it's insane to think that BYU should be competing for conference titles when our budget and resources are miniscule compared to legacy P5 teams. Let's see when these catch up in 3 years or so. I don't suspect much more than 6 wins next year either.
                              And this is partly why I will question BYU's football team being in a P5 conference. If we're not willing to commit to the resources, then it's a no-win scenario. College football is like European soccer. If you you're not spending like Man City and Real Madrid, then you're just not going to be able to compete. We are going to be the Vanderbilt of the B12. I feel like we are setting up our head coach for failure if we don't back him up with the resources that our peers have. If our administration is not willing to do that, then why did we make the move to the B12?

                              Our non-revenue sports look good, but you generally don't need to dump a lot of $$ in those to be successful. Basketball is looking good so far, fingers crossed. But, football is a money sport where money needs to be spent in order to win and I just don't see us being competitive in the next 10 years. Now, having said all that, look at Texas A&M. You gotta spend that money wisely!
                              "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react." - Charles Swindoll

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by byufan4ever View Post

                                And this is partly why I will question BYU's football team being in a P5 conference. If we're not willing to commit to the resources, then it's a no-win scenario. College football is like European soccer. If you you're not spending like Man City and Real Madrid, then you're just not going to be able to compete. We are going to be the Vanderbilt of the B12. I feel like we are setting up our head coach for failure if we don't back him up with the resources that our peers have. If our administration is not willing to do that, then why did we make the move to the B12?

                                Our non-revenue sports look good, but you generally don't need to dump a lot of $$ in those to be successful. Basketball is looking good so far, fingers crossed. But, football is a money sport where money needs to be spent in order to win and I just don't see us being competitive in the next 10 years. Now, having said all that, look at Texas A&M. You gotta spend that money wisely!
                                I think you need to be in a P5 to be able to make the money necessary for those resources. There isn't a G5 team that can come close. I think BYU will get there though. I think if the money is there, they will allocate it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X