Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"You play USF every year? That’s so dumb. You guys are lucky to get a B12 invite."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the post-game show Kalani said they’re optimistic everyone that left the field with an injury has the potential to be back in the next few weeks. Apparently no season-ending injuries this week but it’s not 100% for sure until Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

What if we haven’t recovered that fumble on that last drive?
      Good point. If things that didn’t happen had happened, what happened might not have happened.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Wait- what fumble?
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

This was funny. I remember watching that thinking, "Dang, what happened to Jaren? Give him back some of that Captain America juice!"

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

That’s hilarious. I saw that and thought “man he looks a lot younger than I remembered.”
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Folks need to relax and remember that this same team put up 20 points on Florida. #11 Florida.

Comment

Agreed. I'm not that bothered by the defense allowing a team that is down multiple scores to eat up clock with long drives, especially as you get later in the fourth quarter. I'd prefer they get them off the field, but we were getting deeper into our depth chart, so that shouldn't be unexpected.

What does bother me is not using Tyler until you score when you are first and goal inside the USF ten. What. The. Heck! A fly sweep? Throwing behind the receiver on a quick in? Overthrowing on a fade into the corner of the endzone? That's just too cute. Give Tyler the damn ball.

I was also bothered that we let them return a kickoff that ended up at the 50 after the facemask penalty.

But you are correct. Need to relax. As Kalani says, winning football game is hard.

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                  Agreed. I'm not that bothered by the defense allowing a team that is down multiple scores to eat up clock with long drives, especially as you get later in the fourth quarter. I'd prefer they get them off the field, but we were getting deeper into our depth chart, so that shouldn't be unexpected.

What does bother me is not using Tyler until you score when you are first and goal inside the USF ten. What. The. Heck! A fly sweep? Throwing behind the receiver on a quick in? Overthrowing on a fade into the corner of the endzone? That's just too cute. Give Tyler the damn ball.

I was also bothered that we let them return a kickoff that ended up at the 50 after the facemask penalty.

But you are correct. Need to relax. As Kalani says, winning football game is hard.

Exactly. We are talking about a defense playing for the first time without their leading tackler (among other injuries) against a dynamic mobile QB which has typically been our achilles heel over the years. It's not like he was slicing us up. He extended plays with his legs by breaking contain and eventually found guys who came open or ran for a few yards. I take it as very good signs that 1) the defense made enough stops to get the job done even though we had significant challenges containing him and 2) the offense stepped up enough to pick up the slack playing with our backup QB. Yes we need to get much better at this before Baylor who will give us some of the same problems but with a better overall team. But contrary to Moose's opinion, we won't just keep doing the same thing every week until everyone "figures us out". We got out with the W, and I fully expect the coaches and team to learn and adjust against similar opponents going forward.

So I don't understand the hand-wringing. I expect us to throttle the Aggies before a dog fight with Boise. Would be awesome to beat them to set up a monster game with Baylor. What a fun season.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Exactly. We are talking about a defense playing for the first time without their leading tackler (among other injuries) against a dynamic mobile QB which has typically been our achilles heel over the years. It's not like he was slicing us up. He extended plays with his legs by breaking contain and eventually found guys who came open or ran for a few yards. I take it as very good signs that 1) the defense made enough stops to get the job done even though we had significant challenges containing him and 2) the offense stepped up enough to pick up the slack playing with our backup QB. Yes we need to get much better at this before Baylor who will give us some of the same problems but with a better overall team. But contrary to Moose's opinion, we won't just keep doing the same thing every week until everyone "figures us out". We got out with the W, and I fully expect the coaches and team to learn and adjust against similar opponents going forward.

So I don't understand the hand-wringing. I expect us to throttle the Aggies before a dog fight with Boise. Would be awesome to beat them to set up a monster game with Baylor. What a fun season.
                    I'm more concerned about the continued third quarter let downs that lead to the necessity for a sustained fourth quarter drive to put the game out of reach.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

I'm more concerned about the continued third quarter let downs that lead to the necessity for a sustained fourth quarter drive to put the game out of reach.
                      True. Though in most previous years BYU was either the team making the futile 2nd half comeback attempt, only to fall short, or worse gave up the lead. This team is 4-0 and beat Utah. As a fan I'm playing with house money for the rest of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

True. Though in most previous years BYU was either the team making the futile 2nd half comeback attempt, only to fall short, or worse gave up the lead. This team is 4-0 and beat Utah. As a fan I'm playing with house money for the rest of year.
                        Yes, but Art, in the absence of losses, we have to find something to complain about.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post

Yes, but Art, in the absence of losses, we have to find something to complain about.
                          We can always complain about Lebowski. Win or lose.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Agreed
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X