The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
    I gotta say, this whole thing just make me so happy. The last time we were dissed by the B12 I decided to just enjoy what I have. With that perspective, I am really enjoying the melt down. What this shows is what everyone should have known all along. There are maybe 10 to 15 school that matter to the TV people, outside of that everyone is the lapdog. As a BYU fan I've seen the arrogance over decades from the likes of OU, Texas, Name your SEC, USC, ND, etc. I expect it, and even love it. When we play those teams it's a treat, win or lose. The teams that tend to bug me are the 2/3 tiered teams that think they are the shiz by being associated with the aforementioned 10 to 15 super powers. I remember how pissed I was to hear the arrogance of KSU prior to the Cotton Bowl in '96. Those guys thought of us as trailer trash and got punched in the nose, sent home with tails firmly between legs. Fast forward to the last B12 expansion. I never felt that UT or OU really cared about us coming in or not, but the others? That's when you wanted to put your fist through the wall. I mean, Iowa State had a real problem with us....Iowa State. TCU...well...let's just leave it at that. Schools that stand on the shoulders of giants and call themselves tall get what they deserve. That is what is happening right now. Texas Tech. Baylor. Kansas??? It makes me laugh. They thought they were big, but reality is a bitch.

Now, what I wouldn't give to see the same thing happen to the PAC 12. The top guys, they'll survive, but who would come out of that realizing they were standing on the shoulders of giants all along?

Imagine. Tell me you don't have a smile on your face just thinking about it.
    Preach!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Yeah, I'm skeptical that the Big 12 is good for BYU, even if they were to get an invite. I've really enjoyed independence.
      The only upside I see with the Big 12 is if the conference can remain a relevant P5. That would give BYU an easier path to the playoffs and, hopefully, more money. I don't think the Big 12 can do this and will most likely fade away with the PAC 12.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

The only upside I see with the Big 12 is if the conference can remain a relevant P5. That would give BYU an easier path to the playoffs and, hopefully, more money. I don't think the Big 12 can do this and will most likely fade away with the PAC 12.
        Agreed on all counts.

Comment

I gotta say, this whole thing just make me so happy. The last time we were dissed by the B12 I decided to just enjoy what I have. With that perspective, I am really enjoying the melt down. What this shows is what everyone should have known all along. There are maybe 10 to 15 school that matter to the TV people, outside of that everyone is the lapdog. As a BYU fan I've seen the arrogance over decades from the likes of OU, Texas, Name your SEC, USC, ND, etc. I expect it, and even love it. When we play those teams it's a treat, win or lose. The teams that tend to bug me are the 2/3 tiered teams that think they are the shiz by being associated with the aforementioned 10 to 15 super powers. I remember how pissed I was to hear the arrogance of KSU prior to the Cotton Bowl in '96. Those guys thought of us as trailer trash and got punched in the nose, sent home with tails firmly between legs. Fast forward to the last B12 expansion. I never felt that UT or OU really cared about us coming in or not, but the others? That's when you wanted to put your fist through the wall. I mean, Iowa State had a real problem with us....Iowa State. TCU...well...let's just leave it at that. Schools that stand on the shoulders of giants and call themselves tall get what they deserve. That is what is happening right now. Texas Tech. Baylor. Kansas??? It makes me laugh. They thought they were big, but reality is a bitch.

Now, what I wouldn't give to see the same thing happen to the PAC 12. The top guys, they'll survive, but who would come out of that realizing they were standing on the shoulders of giants all along?

The PAC really needs to get serious about finding 2-4 more quality teams if they want to get anything close to B1G and SEC money. BYU could be one of those but that will never happen. TCU could be another one but is outside their timezones. Yeah, so F them.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
            Guys. We’re not going to the Big 12.
            Source?
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I gotta say, I never had too many issues with Ou and Texas fans. I feel they have always been pretty good natured. I have no ill will towards them. Texas fans just usually say so.ething like "I hate Taysom Hill" and OU fans seem ambivalent.

The Iowa State thing is absolutely preposterous to me. They can go straight to hell. TCU is just a case of any other old conference mates, just little babies. WVU fans have always been alright. TT, KSU, KU, and Baylor... haven't really death with their fans.

But screw ISU and TCU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Source?
                https://www.cougarstadium.com/member/32-seattleute
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• TCU is banking on a PAC-12 invite...

TCU brass has ‘very productive’ meeting with Gov. Greg Abbott amid Big 12 shake-up
                  BY DREW DAVISON
                  [...]
                  All options are on the table including staying in a revamped and rebuilt Big 12, or possibly moving to a conference such as the Pac-12.
                  [...]
                  TCU’s best option if it exits the Big 12 appears to be the Pac-12. The school, along with Tech and/or Baylor, could sell that league on the importance of adding them in order to expand the league’s footprint into talent-rich Texas.
                  Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...#storylink=cpy

Maybe someone should tell them that UCLA and Cal may not be able travel to Texas. Yeah, we don't want them coming here anyway.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

TCU is banking on a PAC-12 invite...

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...#storylink=cpy

Maybe someone should tell them that UCLA and Cal may not be able travel to Texas. Yeah, we don't want them coming here anyway.
                    TCU to the P12. Lol. Not gonna happen.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Why not? A Texas university and the Texas governor both agree it would be great if it did.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

I gotta say, I never had too many issues with Ou and Texas fans. I feel they have always been pretty good natured. I have no ill will towards them. Texas fans just usually say so.ething like "I hate Taysom Hill" and OU fans seem ambivalent.

The Iowa State thing is absolutely preposterous to me. They can go straight to hell. TCU is just a case of any other old conference mates, just little babies. WVU fans have always been alright. TT, KSU, KU, and Baylor... haven't really death with their fans.

But screw ISU and TCU.
                        I have some TCU friends... they are ok except they are arrogant SoBs, especially after getting into the Big 12. It is funny watching my SMU friends talk about TCU. They are having fun watching the Big 12 implode around TCU. TCU fans remind me of Utah fans. TT fans are fun to be around. They know their team sucks most of the time so they make fun of everyone including themselves. Who cares about Baylor and KSU? The only reason Baylor is in the Big 12 is that crazy democrat government, Ann Richards. What in the hell were the voters thinking electing her?

I don't think ISU will make it into B1G because of Iowa. The state isn't big enough for both of them to be in the same conference. KU has a better chance but neither team adds to the conference really.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Yeah, I think BYU has a better chance which is pretty much NIL.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The PAC really needs to get serious about finding 2-4 more quality teams if they want to get anything close to B1G and SEC money. BYU could be one of those but that will never happen. TCU could be another one but is outside their timezones. Yeah, so F them.
                            TCU was a horrible choice for the Big 12 to add and would be disastrous for the pac12 to add.

Comment

Besides staying put at 12 (their best option) if they are forced to add 4 teams the PAC-12 should just add, Hawaii, SDSU, UNLV & Houston for FOOTBALL ONLY. SDSU, UNLV and Houston are playing in state of art stadiums and in places good for the PAC-12 footprint. Hawaii gets you at least 6 more games for the conference (any team that plays at Hawaii gets an extra game.)
                              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post

Besides staying put at 12 (their best option) if they are forced to add 4 teams the PAC-12 should just add, Hawaii, SDSU, UNLV & Houston for FOOTBALL ONLY. SDSU, UNLV and Houston are playing in state of art stadiums and in places good for the PAC-12 footprint. Hawaii gets you at least 6 more games for the conference (any team that plays at Hawaii gets an extra game.)
                                Didn't TCU also get a huge stadium upgrade from a few donors a few years ago. It seems to often be empty during games, just like SDSU, UNLV, and Houston?

Comment

Working...
                                X