Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    This will not materially affect the Pac 12. --the Oracle
    Yeah, the PAC 12 will remain insignificant and on late night tv.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

We all love his family member.
      In light of Katy’s post this cries out for clarification.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• By the time the PAC 12 wakes up all the Big 12 table scraps will be taken up by the AAC... the new ESPN P5 conference.

Four schools should be priority for Pac-12 expansion

It's no secret that college athletics is at a crossroads and much of that stems from the NIL issue, but perhaps even more important is the power play of the SEC by adding Texas and Oklahoma while nobody was paying attention.

Now, all eyes are on which conference will make the next move and while the new Pac-12 Commissioner is a blank slate, his background suggests he will be more ambitious than a Larry Scott-type who might look at conference expansion as a great opportunity to add Rice and Montana and call it a day.

From a revenue sports athletics perspective, the Pac 12 is viewed nationally as a joke.
        [...]
        https://247sports.com/college/arizon...ion-168413780/

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Make more sense than KU and ISU.

Edit: Hmm... more than just a tweet: https://thespun.com/pac-12/usc/colle...ten-usc-rumors

The USC-to-Big Ten rumors appear to be real. But the Trojans aren’t the only Pac-12 program that may be having conversations with Big Ten leaders. Oregon, UCLA, Colorado, Stanford and Washington may also be in the mix.
          Last edited by Uncle Ted; 07-28-2021, 07:00 PM.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This is going to make a great "30 for 30" someday.
            Last edited by Uncle Ted; 07-28-2021, 08:07 PM.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

This is going to make a great "30 for 30" someday.
              Well, FS1's equivalent, anyway.

Comment

• bowlsby is such an incompetent loser. the embarrassing b12 league office would be reason enough to leave.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• So the AAC HQ is about 500 yards from the Big 12 HQ... This will make it easy for the Big 12 and AAC to merge. If you look on google street view you can see the flags at half mask at the Big 12 HQ and where the conference will be buried: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.8604...7i16384!8i8192

They already have the tombstone.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So, if the B12 just decides to quickly add teams from the AAC or MWC and invites BYU, would the skittish decision makers at BYU accept the invite? Is there too much volatility that BYU would want to avoid?

Comment

So the AAC HQ is about 500 yards from the Big 12 HQ... This will make it easy for the Big 12 and AAC to merge. If you look on google street view you can see the flags at half mask at the Big 12 HQ and where the conference will be buried: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.8604...7i16384!8i8192

They already have the tombstone.
                      Aren't they worried about contracting Covid-19?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                        So, if the B12 just decides to quickly add teams from the AAC or MWC and invites BYU, would the skittish decision makers at BYU accept the invite? Is there too much volatility that BYU would want to avoid?
                        I guess if the big 12 folds BYU could always just go back to independence.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So, if the B12 just decides to quickly add teams from the AAC or MWC and invites BYU, would the skittish decision makers at BYU accept the invite? Is there too much volatility that BYU would want to avoid?
                          Seems like everyone should be a little skittish at this point.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I guess if the big 12 folds BYU could always just go back to independence.
                            But it takes years to set up independent schedules. I assume those schedules dissappear once you join a conference. It's not as easy just to jump back to independence and schedule these games again.

Comment

But it takes years to set up independent schedules. I assume those schedules dissappear once you join a conference. It's not as easy just to jump back to independence and schedule these games again.
                              Yeah, like last year.

Depending on the arrangement BYU could maybe make 3x or 4x more than they are making now.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Seems like everyone should be a little skittish at this point.
                                The Big 12 leftovers, especially.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X