The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

What’s your point? I don’t think you are trying to convince anyone by saying this. We all know BYU will remain in mediocrity because of the type of school it is and it’s affiliation with the church. Lebowski is probably the most vocal about football championships not being priority #1 for the school or the board of trustees.

By now it seems your only point is to fellate your ego by constantly repeating the same stuff (whether true or not) over and over. I guess at least now you have a toadie to stroke it every once in a while when you get tired.
    I didn't like BFM's condescension to Katie. Like she was being sloppy with language, but she was impressively precise, and honest. And he actually knew what she meant.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

The P12 doesn't recognize religion as a thing--it's just reduced to the medieval status of superstition, moral weakness. The P12 denies BYU's identity and humanity.
      Yes. The PAC 12 doesn’t want to be associated with BYU. True.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

Wrong. The problem is broader than this. Katy nailed it. "Recognize" is the right word. The LDS Church doesn't recognize LGBTQ as a thing--it's just reduced to the medieval status of sin, moral weakness. LDS deny LGBT identity and humanity.
        Yes. Very good post, this is correct. BYU insists on treating gays differently than other students. BYU does not consider gay folks as equals. That’s not congruent with PAC 12 ideals.

Comment

I didn't like BFM's condescension to Katie. Like she was being sloppy with language, but she was impressively precise, and honest. And he actually knew what she meant.
          I love the irony here. SU with a condescending explanation of what BFM is actually thinking.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry “Moose” Stubing View Post

Yes. The PAC 12 doesn’t want to be associated with BYU. True.
            Unless... another conference gets serious about adding BYU:

The PAC has to protect its "position as the only conference in the Pacific and Mountain time zones."
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

Shut up. I am assuming CB is your source? So nothing credible.
              Lol. Sorry. Just a random flight from Provo to Fort Worth. I don't know anything.

Comment

• Chip Brown sez that UT may have the money to buyout their contract (and OU's too):

So does that mean UT will be playing in the SEC in 2022?
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Weird quote. Does he not understand where the Mountain time zone starts and ends? Or I guess he could be saying that the move strengthens the PAC's position in those time zones even further? Is that something to brag about, when the East Coast is going to bed when many of your games are just starting?
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    Weird quote. Does he not understand where the Mountain time zone starts and ends? Or I guess he could be saying that the move strengthens the PAC's position in those time zones even further? Is that something to brag about, when the East Coast is going to bed when many of your games are just starting?
                    The PAC commissioner has to say something to all the crazy Ute fans to claim them down.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      Weird quote. Does he not understand where the Mountain time zone starts and ends? Or I guess he could be saying that the move strengthens the PAC's position in those time zones even further? Is that something to brag about, when the East Coast is going to bed when many of your games are just starting?
                      Apparently the quote wasn't quite accurate. "P5" was supposedly included in the actual statement from the new commissioner.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Tom holmoe currently on his way to the B12 headquarters

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...930Z/KPVU/KAFW
                        The plane landed nearly an hour ago. When should we expect the formal invitation to be made public?
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Alum4.jpg
                          There are way too many pleats in that picture for them to be gay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

There are way too many pleats in that picture for them to be gay.

Comment

Now who is being condescending. Its "impressive" that Katy is capable of precision.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Now who is being condescending. Its "impressive" that Katy is capable of precision.
                                I was impressed with the exactitude. It was also original. I haven't seen it put that way. Also impressive because she's LDS and was honest in describing the problem, as I said.

I have no interest in giving BYU a hard time. I've had family who play for the football team, have been professors, and president of the university. BYU is not the root problem.
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                                X