The Pac 10 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I have a friend who is a huge USC and BYU fan. He follows the conferences closely. (Happens to live in Alpine like Lebowski.) A gamer in every way.

He's said to me several times he can't understand why the B1G didn't grab Stanford instead of UCLA.
    Someone probably ran the economics.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

BYU has more shit hole bowls, including that Holiday Bowl in 1984. Would you rather catch a few steelhead or dozens of small rainbows in a put and take fishery?

Ha. That is just about the only way that you could possibly twist that summary.

To answer your question, I would rather catch a 900-lb bluefin tuna than a few steelheads.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I have a friend who is a huge USC and BYU fan. He follows the conferences closely. (Happens to live in Alpine like Lebowski.) A gamer in every way.

He's said to me several times he can't understand why the B1G didn't grab Stanford instead of UCLA.
        I agree that USC/Stanford would have been the smarter move.

And dang it, I don't live in Alpine! I live in Provo. I don't make welder money.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Ha. That is just about the only way that you could possibly twist that summary.

To answer your question, I would rather catch a 900-lb bluefin tuna than a few steelheads.
          What fish could I catch that would weight 1,984 pounds?
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Remember when I predicted that the B1G would next invite ND & Stanford and you told me I was crazy? I seem to recall "batshit" was part of your response. Good times.

Ha! Here it is:

https://www.cougarstadium.com/forum/...17#post2254517
            Yes, this is pretty much a given. NBC isn’t going to give ND more money on their new contract. In fact, people in the know are speculating that ND will be getting less. Stanford is the natural partner to come with them. Rivals and lots of ND fans in the Bay Area.

When the music stops Cal and Utah could be left without chairs. The smart thing for Utah to do sooner rather than later is start negotiating Whitt’s exit. They are not going to be able to afford him and there will be a lot of other schools that will. These BYU trained coaches get are worth the money.
            Last edited by Uncle Ted; 08-05-2022, 06:01 AM.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It’s pretty simple… why would the B1G have to choose when they know you are going to have both? Besides USC and UCLA are currently in a B1G island by themselves and may be there for a few years until ND figures out NBC is not giving them more money and they make their move to the B1G with Stanford, Oregon, and UW. Until then USC needs a travel partner and UCLA is prefect.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I wonder who this mystery person could be. I also wonder if that same person often referred to UCLA as fUCLA. I wonder who objective this person, as a life-long USC fan, could be regarding UCLA's value to the Big 10.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

Someone probably ran the economics.
                  Ever notice how recent MBA grads from Harvard are always a terrible menace to Western Civilization. Compared to them, the Woke are harmless.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                  X