• Mormon Red Death
    replied
    https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...229124610?s=20

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Northwestcoug
    replied
    Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

I wonder if they'd have called the TB defense as tightly as they called the KC defense how much closer of a game that would have been. It's hard to say what would have changed since you can't see the whole field live, but on replays, I definitely saw much of the same from TB as what KC was getting flagged for.
    I think some calls were questionable. A couple of these went TB's way, the worst one pass interference when Evans tripped, though it's still a defensible call. But then again, I saw a couple of holds from KC's line that weren't called.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Tom Brady was Tom Brady again, but the TB defense won this game.
    Completely agree.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Not sure what the difference here is. I admit he had some great looking throws. He looked OK by me that first half, but I still think he looked uncomfortable the second. He normally handles the pass rush better than any QB out there. What TB did was incredible. They made him look 'bad'. Which he isn't normally. But still, he didn't have a good game.
    Tom Brady was Tom Brady again, but the TB defense won this game.

Leave a comment:

• Bo Diddley
    replied

Not sure what the difference here is. I admit he had some great looking throws. He looked OK by me that first half, but I still think he looked uncomfortable the second. He normally handles the pass rush better than any QB out there. What TB did was incredible. They made him look 'bad'. Which he isn't normally. But still, he didn't have a good game.
    I wonder if they'd have called the TB defense as tightly as they called the KC defense how much closer of a game that would have been. It's hard to say what would have changed since you can't see the whole field live, but on replays, I definitely saw much of the same from TB as what KC was getting flagged for.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied

That was no ordinary pass rush. The KC O-line was slightly less effective than wet paper in stopping the rush.

Leave a comment:

• Northwestcoug
    replied

BTW, this is nonsense. It made the KC O-line look terrible but good grief you can't fault Mahomes for the pass rush. On the contrary, he made some incredible passes under duress.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    They made Mahomes look pretty bad. I mean he still got a couple of throws out that were unbelievable, but he was running all over the place. He looked uncomfortable that whole half. I guess that's what losing 2 starting tackles can do to you.
    BTW, this is nonsense. It made the KC O-line look terrible but good grief you can't fault Mahomes for the pass rush. On the contrary, he made some incredible passes under duress.

Leave a comment:

• Northwestcoug
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    I am a big Niners fan, so I was still pissed about last years superbowl and that 4th quarter meltdown. And since I am petty as well, I rooted for Tom Brady for the first time ever maybe.
    Welcome my brother!

Leave a comment:

• BigPiney
    replied
    I am a big Niners fan, so I was still pissed about last years superbowl and that 4th quarter meltdown. And since I am petty as well, I rooted for Tom Brady for the first time ever maybe.

I took great enjoyment in seeing Mahomes running for his life and getting pummeled out there.

Very satisfying game.

I also found this guy trolling Mahomes mom and others really funny:

And responses like this:

I did say I was petty right?
    Last edited by BigPiney; 02-09-2021, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

Except that Herman is at Texas and Whittingham is at Utah.
    Yeah, Herman had a tougher task for sure. B12 has been way better than the P12 in recent years.

Leave a comment:

• Flystripper
    replied
    Was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SeattleUte
    replied

Time will tell. Herman was like whittingham. Decent win loss record but could rarely win the big games and no conference championships.
    Except that Herman is at Texas and Whittingham is at Utah.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied

By then I was checked out.

But Texas just made a terrible coaching exchange.
    Time will tell. Herman was like whittingham. Decent win loss record but could rarely win the big games and no conference championships.

Leave a comment:

• SeattleUte
    replied

Don't forget the blowout loss to Texas in the ensuring bowl game.
    By then I was checked out.

But Texas just made a terrible coaching exchange.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    The Super Bowl roused my ptsd about the 2019 PAC 12 championship game (which seems like a million years ago). Our red clad team sailed through the season, then in the championship game against a heavy underdog nothing works like it's supposed to, blitzes storming through every play, even chasing our quarterback from the red zone to mid-field, our quarterback limping and concussed, their quarterback a tall erect demigod making play after play, passes hitting our receivers in the face mask and doink play after play. At least the Utes got into the end zone and came back to make a game of it for a while.

Must be a vulnerability inherent to coaches of the LDS faith.
    Don't forget the blowout loss to Texas in the ensuring bowl game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X