2020 NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Was still nice to see one of those INTs to Takitaki.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

In anticipation of today's Tampa at Green Bay game, the local paper ran an entertaining piece about an '85 game when TB, led by Steve Young in his second NFL start, played at GB in arctic conditions. Among the highights: Young nearly suffocated when he was sacked face first into an onfield snowbank; and because the Florida-based equipment managers didn't think to pack thermal underwear, Young wore his suit jacket and slacks under his uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        In anticipation of today's Tampa at Green Bay game, the local paper ran an entertaining piece about an '85 game when TB, led by Steve Young in his second NFL start, played at GB in arctic conditions. Among the highights: Young nearly suffocated when he was sacked face first into an onfield snowbank; and because the Florida-based equipment managers didn't think to pack thermal underwear, Young wore his suit jacket and slacks under his uniform.
        That's hilarious. Didn't a reporter ask him once if his garments gave him extra protection during games and Steve shut that down by nonchalantly saying he didn't wear them in games? I wonder if he wore Gs that game.
        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

He is. He really is the GOAT.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Notwithstanding 3 stupid interceptions.
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Yeah. Incredible.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It's pretty clear by now - and when he wins the SB - they are going to have to rename it the Brady-Lombardy Trophy.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

It's pretty clear by now - and when he wins the SB - they are going to have to rename it the Brady-Lombardy Trophy.
                  Easy there. I’d love to see it, but this is going to be a very tough game to win.
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

Mahomes is going to win but it’s still impressive what Brady has done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

The deal he made with the devil must have some mighty big strings attached.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        The deal he made with the devil must have some mighty big strings attached.
                        Winning multiple superbowls and being married to a super model worth hundreds of millions, I think he got the better end of whatever bargain he made.
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post

Winning multiple superbowls and being married to a super model worth hundreds of millions, I think he got the better end of whatever bargain he made.
                          Used to be that selling your soul just got you mad guitar skills. If this is what he’s peddling now, he’s stepped his game up.

- SeattleUte

Comment

Kind of funny that Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell are going to play in the Super Bowl...err at least their teams will play in the Super Bowl.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Since I'm the resident Brady fanboy, and for posterity's sake:

I felt very uncomfortable with this Super Bowl, so much so that planned a weekend trip that would make us miss some of the game. Even though Brady has been pretty good this playoff run, he is usually just passable in most of his SB games (with the exception of a couple). I was expecting Mahomes to be Mahomes, and Brady to not be enough. And I didn't want to invest the emotion watching it. But I second guessed myself on Sunday morning before we were heading back home, and paid for a month of YouTube TV so I could DVR it. 64 bucks a month now. Not worth it.

Anyways, we got back at the start of the 3rd quarter with the surprising score of 21-6. Still steeling myself for a Mahomes run, I started feeling better as time went on. Not because of Brady (missed most of his good stuff that happened in the 1st half), but because of the amazing defense by Tampa Bay. They made Mahomes look pretty bad. I mean he still got a couple of throws out that were unbelievable, but he was running all over the place. He looked uncomfortable that whole half. I guess that's what losing 2 starting tackles can do to you.

I went back and watched the highlights of the first half, and KC didn't look that bad, like they would find their rhythm and get back in it after halftime. But they just looked worse. And Brady looked pretty good. Better than I expected. His arm is still incredible. He's always needed time and protection to throw long passes, but man some of those are still lasers. That last TD pass to Gronk, for instance.

Anyways, he's the GOAT. I didn't think he would return to the Super Bowl. But he had the people he wanted and he got it done. There is now no question about who was the more important piece in the Patriots' dynasty. Belichick is still a very good coach, but he let hubris get the better of him after those first 3 SB wins. He still coached great teams, and the system worked more often than not, even when great players were let go over what seemed like differences over pennies. And I'm sure his steadfast belief in the system had a large part of why Brady left. it is unconscionable that Brady didn't retire as a Patriot. I mean, they saw Manning win another SB after leaving the Colts. But Belichick has converted the Patriots org into true believers of the system. I suspect the system will work a lot less in the future, and maybe some day Belichick will find that even he isn't more important than the team. And I get that there were salary cap issues and it was difficult to get Brady the players he needed to make another SB run. But it should have never come to this. Brady was/is lightning in a bottle, a generational player who can turn the fortunes of entire teams around. He has a track record of this.

After this improbable playoff run and SB win, I've learned my lesson (again) to not count Brady out. It's going to be tough, but I've witnessed too many times Brady reinventing himself and getting better. Father time will catch up to him. I mean it has to, right?!? But he's still good enough to win. I'm not counting him out for next year.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X