No announcement yet.

Europe Club Soccer -- Champions League, EPL, etc, MLS not allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I wonder if the Gunners (Jay Santos) think they have top 4 quality everywhere.

They need to bring in 4-5 players minimum next year:

Rice or Caicedo, probs can’t grab both.

Go to Southampton/Leicester/Everton grab someone like Maddison/Lavia/Calvert-Lewin

They need to upgrade Ben White, Tierney looks like he’s not an Arteta guy. They need a big striker and help in the midfield.

Id wager they are lucky to stay in the top 4 next year. And for a club who’s aspirations are PL titles, we will see if they are willing to spend the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by fusnik View Post
      Well I wonder if the Gunners (Jay Santos) think they have top 4 quality everywhere.

They need to bring in 4-5 players minimum next year:

Rice or Caicedo, probs can’t grab both.

Go to Southampton/Leicester/Everton grab someone like Maddison/Lavia/Calvert-Lewin

They need to upgrade Ben White, Tierney looks like he’s not an Arteta guy. They need a big striker and help in the midfield.

Id wager they are lucky to stay in the top 4 next year. And for a club who’s aspirations are PL titles, we will see if they are willing to spend the money.
      Don't tell me you fall for recency bias as bad as the rest of the soccer fan world. We haven't looked great the last month, but we're missing key players and our results haven't actually been as bad as you might think. In the table for just the last 10 games since Saliba went down, we're 6th.

We need help in the midfield. We'll get at least one of Rice or Caicedo. We don't need any forwards. Our front four of Saka, Jesus, Martinelli, Ode is top two or three in the league. Our D was great until Saliba and Tomiyasu went down. We'll never be as deep as City or Chelsea and maybe even Newcastle and United with their budgets, but besides City those teams are far behind us in terms of talent and cohesiveness in the starting XI.

Top 4 is going to be an increasingly high level with all the Big 7 all pretty well positioned and with the budget to improve (excluding maybe Tottenham). But I think our young nucleus is strong enough to keep us in the top half of that mix for the next few years.

Comment

• City with a masterclass yesterday. IMO, they've been the best team in the world on paper for the last 3 years. Tuchel's Chelsea stole one from them with a phenomenal defensive effort, and City shit the bed against Real Madrid last year in the final 3 minutes. Madrid was the mental hurdle they had to get past and they delivered an ass kicking. Haaland would've had a hat trick vs almost any other goalie. Game could easily have been 7 or 8 -0. I saw a crazy stat that in the first half, City had 196 touches in the final third and Madrid had 10. Ten! I got a strong "Bulls finally got past the Pistons" vibe yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
          City with a masterclass yesterday. IMO, they've been the best team in the world on paper for the last 3 years. Tuchel's Chelsea stole one from them with a phenomenal defensive effort, and City shit the bed against Real Madrid last year in the final 3 minutes. Madrid was the mental hurdle they had to get past and they delivered an ass kicking. Haaland would've had a hat trick vs almost any other goalie. Game could easily have been 7 or 8 -0. I saw a crazy stat that in the first half, City had 196 touches in the final third and Madrid had 10. Ten! I got a strong "Bulls finally got past the Pistons" vibe yesterday.
          City's been the best team in the world for the last five years, and not just on paper. "Bulls finally got past the Pistons"? Fake humility, lol.

Comment

• Gotta prove it in the Champions League and they haven’t yet.

Comment

• Lol @ Arsenal. Did Saka even sit the entire year? Arteta is so mid, his strategy today was horrific.

City win it and don’t have to play anymore PL matches and can fully focus on the treble.

NF stay up which is a cool story.

Comment

Lol @ Arsenal. Did Saka even sit the entire year? Arteta is so mid, his strategy today was horrific.

City win it and don’t have to play anymore PL matches and can fully focus on the treble.

NF stay up which is a cool story.
                All 3 new teams stayed up this year. That’s pretty unusual.

Comment

• Man City takes on Man United tomorrow at 7 am Pacific on ESPN+. City should win easily on paper, but a rivalry is a rivalry.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                    Man City takes on Man United tomorrow at 7 am Pacific on ESPN+. City should win easily on paper, but a rivalry is a rivalry.
                    I shouldn't like City, but I can't help it, so I'll be going for them. KDB is probably my favorite non-Arsenal player. Good luck.

Comment

• Goal on the third touch of the game was fun. I thought the penalty for MU was weak. Solid win for City. On to the Champions League final. Strangely, I was more worried about today’s game than I am about next week’s. I have a lot of respect for IM, but I just don’t think they have the horses.

Comment

• Gotta break the no MLS rule today. Messi reportedly to reject the Suadi League's offer of $400 million/year for 2 years and announce a move to Inter Miami today. Deal seems to be all but finalized per Fabrizio Romano who is the go to guy in these situations. Reportedly he will be getting a percentage share of the Apple revenue as well as an ownership stake in the team on top of as large a salary as the MLS can provide. But then I saw this:

Can anyone turn down that kind of money?

Comment

• Looks like he'll be playing vs LAFC in September. I don't see a game in San Jose this season and tickets are already tight in cities like Portland and Seattle so I didn't even bother to check there. The cheapest tickets in LA in September are already $1k/each.

Comment

• Champions League final today at noon Pacific on CBS. Man City vs Inter Milan. Don’t miss it.

Comment

• I mean what a strike. Rodri is incredible.

Comment

I mean what a strike. Rodri is incredible.
                                Inter had a lot of chances in the end. Lukaku somehow getting roasted but they didn’t do anything until he came on. Was just Ederson’s day.

Comment

Working...
                                X