Official FIFA 2022 Qatar World Cup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 4-0. Phew
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Text from my cousin: Spain is committing a human rights violation.

Comment

• Apparently soccer needs enforcers. Someone should have had their knee taken out with a slide tackle for RUTS

Comment

• Frustrating game to watch for Canada.

Comment

• Beer is not allowed to be sold in Qatar, probably most Muslim countries particularly over there. Budweiser has beer they planed to sale on the shelf. Whoever wins the cup Budweiser will donate the beer too.

Comment

• That was a fun first half. USA looked good out there and created some legit chances.

Comment

• You can tell I am a hardcore soccer fan because I spent the first 9 minutes rooting for the wrong team

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue
                  Iran gets 2 in extra time to get the 3 points vs Wales. If I were coaching the US, I'd park the bus the moment England goes up 1-0 because goal differential becomes important. Strategically, I'd be tempted to do it from the get go because getting a point out of this game would be fantastic.

Edit: This strategy is admittedly super boring but I'm a realist.
                  Indeed. The draw against England was a fun result historically speaking but practically it is nearly useless given how the group has gone. We are right back where we thought we were right after the groups were drawn: need to beat Iran to advance. I should be very content but not holding on to a win against Wales feels like such a lost opportunity.

Comment

• 0-0? Glad I watched Texas versus Baylor instead.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

Wales feels like such a lost opportunity.
                      It totally was! Iran will be a tough game but I like our chances.

Comment

• Brits not taking the loss ... errr ... draw well.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Brits not taking the loss ... errr ... draw well.
                          There is not a single player on the US team that would make their roster and England have been playing really well since the last World Cup. This wasn't the bed-shitting England of the past 20 years, loaded with talent but never going anywhere. This team is a beast. It's essentially a loss.

Comment

• The US looked like the better team for most of the game after the first 15 minutes.

keeper is really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

There is not a single player on the US team that would make their roster and England have been playing really well since the last World Cup. This wasn't the bed-shitting England of the past 20 years, loaded with talent but never going anywhere. This team is a beast. It's essentially a loss.
                              BYU tied Notre Dame!

(Click on the link to see the video)

Comment

• That's so good.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X